GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM

Title: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM


My partner and I are trying to make a cover of this track :D (skip to about 1:45 if you want to avoid the intro, post metal is slow like that)

I am going to try being vegetarian for a week, try to lose a little bit of weight, so most of my time is going to be spent cooking Indian food. Then I got my bloody drivers test on Tuesday.

My gaming will be focused on Atilla total war and Squad. I have been playing a TON of the latter recently, pretty much always play at the LAT, as I have the rocket drop down to a science. I really wish I could record it, but its so unoptimized that whenever I hit record the frame rate tanks :/
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on August 25, 2017, 05:18:26 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM


My gaming will be focused on Atilla total war and Squad. I have been playing a TON of the latter recently, pretty much always play at the LAT, as I have the rocket drop down to a science. I really wish I could record it, but its so unoptimized that whenever I hit record the frame rate tanks :/

Some Attila TW for me as well definitely and CLoD and ARMAIII.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: jomni on August 25, 2017, 05:27:10 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM


My partner and I are trying to make a cover of this track :D (skip to about 1:45 if you want to avoid the intro, post metal is slow like that)

I am going to try being vegetarian for a week, try to lose a little bit of weight, so most of my time is going to be spent cooking Indian food. Then I got my bloody drivers test on Tuesday.

My gaming will be focused on Atilla total war and Squad. I have been playing a TON of the latter recently, pretty much always play at the LAT, as I have the rocket drop down to a science. I really wish I could record it, but its so unoptimized that whenever I hit record the frame rate tanks :/

How are you going to lose weight with some Indian food?
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 05:35:50 AM

QuoteHow are you going to lose weight with some Indian food?

Well tomorrow morning, Andra burji (spiced eggs on whole wheat toast). For lunch, cauliflower stuffed paratha (whole wheat flatbread) with mango pickle. For dinner, potato and eggplant curry with lucknowi cauliflower (cooked in bengali five spice).

Theres also Dals (lentils which are boiled into a creamy soup), biryani, paneer curries. As long as I use low fat yogurt and not use ghee for tarkas, should be good.

Plus theres a half hour walk to get fresh food which should help :P
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on August 25, 2017, 06:36:38 AM
Hoping not to drown this weekend while trying to get my kid to college and dodging people acting like it's the apocalypse. Not sure how much game time I'm going to have.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on August 25, 2017, 07:11:18 AM
Hof...I really enjoy your game play videos, especially your commentary... but this music choice made my ears bleed.  :-X  playing more HOI 4 this weekend.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 07:12:42 AM
Man, I haven't played Squad in months.  In fact, I completely forgot about it.  Maybe I'll take a look at that tonight.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on August 25, 2017, 07:34:07 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on August 25, 2017, 07:11:18 AM
Hof...I really enjoy your game play videos, especially your commentary... but this music choice made my ears bleed.  :-X

Quote from: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM
(skip to about 9:04 if you want to avoid the intro, post metal is slow like that)

This should help  >:D.


Trying out some modded Football (soccer) & Motorsport Manager games and reading my WITE & WITW manuals and guides.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 25, 2017, 07:36:33 AM
Music was a bit to hard metal and dark for me. Sorry  :'( I am an 80's fluff bunny mind  :smitten:

Gaming will be OOTP 18 - first draft. Also, RaceRoomExperience DTM and probably No Mans Sky.

I'm also going to be doing some modelling this weekend.

Sad my Madden NFL didn't turn up today from my ebayer. I ordered it on Sunday and got a message on Monday saying he was about until Thursday but would post First Class...it's not here  :'( I might even go down to the Game store and pick up Madden 18!! It is a game I could buy full price because I love it and will get LOADS of hours out of it.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on August 25, 2017, 07:37:13 AM
Playing Paint the Shed 2017 most of the weekend. Eagerly awaiting the 5:00pm Saturday release of the Bourbon DLC.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on August 25, 2017, 07:40:39 AM
Yeah, I have another game of Repair the Front Step 2017 to play.  :buck2:

If my back survives that I need to finish my turn in DC1: Warsaw to Paris with Jason, finish my turn in Time of Crisis with Jason, play dome more Stellaris with the Star Trek mod, try to join up with the others in SD44.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on August 25, 2017, 08:01:35 AM
Heroes of the storm if my group is around...or with my daughter if she chooses to use her screen time on that.

continuing my Nth play through of HoI4 with Germany. It seems playing from 36 the biggest issue in HoI4 is getting the right balance of production across units and buildings. Or I just suck at it.

Would like to spend some time with some combination of Nier Automata, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and shadows of mordor.

Filling in whatever time left with Path of Exile.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on August 25, 2017, 09:23:47 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on August 25, 2017, 07:34:07 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on August 25, 2017, 07:11:18 AM
Hof...I really enjoy your game play videos, especially your commentary... but this music choice made my ears bleed.  :-X

Quote from: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM
(skip to about 9:04 if you want to avoid the intro, post metal is slow like that)

This should help  >:D.


Trying out some modded Football (soccer) & Motorsport Manager games and reading my WITE & WITW manuals and guides.

LOL...thanks, helped a lot!
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Cyrano on August 25, 2017, 09:55:55 AM
Jena KS turns.  The battle system is finally grooved into my aging head.

Jena JTS campaign and battle game.

C&C:N Vimero "La Grande Battle" scenario.  Finally got the damn thing put together from the, what, six different boxes I had to rummage through to get all the blocks I needed.

I have discovered I do not despise N:TW's ship battles with the Darth Mod on.  I will play some.  That and, likely, some "Sails of Glory".

Borderlands 2

Very best to everyone in the path of the wet and windy!



Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on August 25, 2017, 10:14:44 AM
I am juggling Alea Jacta Est, Age of Charlemagne, DC: Case Blue, and Neverwinter Nights: Storm of Zehir. And I'm not a very good juggler, so probably just football, wings and Jim Beam. And thanking God I am not in Corpis Christi, Texas.  Have a good one Grogs.  :bd:
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on August 25, 2017, 10:24:18 AM
Isn't Corpus Christi Native American for "land that big ass sea storms arrive on"???

Good luck gulf coast!
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 25, 2017, 12:35:55 PM
So it seems I've just wasted £15 on a second hand version of Madden NFL 17 because....I just splurged £60 on Madden NFL 18  ;D
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on August 25, 2017, 12:41:22 PM
You do like our American sports, don't you JD?
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on August 25, 2017, 01:33:48 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on August 25, 2017, 09:55:55 AM
Jena KS turns.  The battle system is finally grooved into my aging head.

Jena JTS campaign and battle game.

When we're done, you should post some campaign comparisons.


Quote from: jamus34 on August 25, 2017, 10:24:18 AM
Isn't Corpus Christi Native American for "land that big ass sea storms arrive on"???

It's Latin for "Odds Bodkins", as in "Odds Bodkins, why did we build anything on this coast, the local Indians are cackling madly at us!"
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on August 25, 2017, 01:46:02 PM
Meanwhile, tomorrow I plan to be playing an extended opportunity for prayer called PLEASE GOD HELP ME SWITCH OUT MY OBSOLESCENT NVIDIA 600 SERIES SLI WITH A NEW 1080 TI WITHOUT TOTALLY DESTROYING MY COMPUTER'S ABILITY TO FUNCTION.

...messing with computer hardware scares me badly. Not for my personal safety, but for the computer's.

If successful, I'll be testing out multiplayer with a new set of head/speaker phones (which should also help improve the quality of my audio commentary in video AARs), and testing out the new gfx on Batman: Arkham Knight.

Probable-to-possible additions, permitted by my computer surviving the weekend:

1.) Will the GROGS OF CRISIS game be won this turn, or shall we go into Turn 11?

2.) Will the new gfx card make Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: New Factions: BBQ more stable? (Probably not, but I've been on a SS multi-play kick for a while.)

3.) Steel Divisions multiplayer would be nice.

4.) Theoretically the next turn with Barth in DC:Blitz, although more likely I'll be doing that next week.

5.) Planning and prepping for a new one-shot video tutorial for my nieces on one of their games. Also two other new video projects for the nieces which should benefit from a top-tier gfx card.

6.) I've also been on a bit of a Magic Duels multiplayer kick a while.

7.) Heroes and Generals with W8, if our schedules ever converge.

8.) Note to self: at some point if I'm catching Dad up on Netflix's Daredevil seasons, I should take the opportunity to update Warframe.

9.) ...feel like I'm missing something... oh, either Ysk or I should set up our Red Thunder mp game and get that started.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Kushan on August 25, 2017, 05:23:28 PM
For me, its going to be Prepar3d and Elite all weekend with maybe a little of The Long Dark, Ghost Recon, or The Division thrown in.


Quote from: JasonPratt on August 25, 2017, 01:46:02 PM
Meanwhile, tomorrow I plan to be playing an extended opportunity for prayer called PLEASE GOD HELP ME SWITCH OUT MY OBSOLESCENT NVIDIA 600 SERIES SLI WITH A NEW 1080 TI WITHOUT TOTALLY DESTROYING MY COMPUTER'S ABILITY TO FUNCTION.

...messing with computer hardware scares me badly. Not for my personal safety, but for the computer's.

Its just a video card not open heart surgery. Remove a couple of screws, un-clip the PCI-E bracket, and remove the video card. Do that in reverse order to install the new card. Congrats on the new card, I went from a GTX760 in my old PC to a GTX1070 in my new one. Noticed a huge difference even with the rest of my specs being more or less the same. Almost went with the GTX1080 but I cut it down to the GTX1070 to save a little money.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on August 25, 2017, 07:55:20 PM
Just a little cool country to help calm the nerves ;)


Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 08:36:38 PM
Man, the lack of "Move your unit to..." in the courier system of Waterloo really pisses me off. 

I simply cannot understand while unit commands are available in all of the other courier commands but not this one was left off.

I can't play the game as designed.  This disappointments me greatly.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on August 25, 2017, 09:25:04 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 08:36:38 PM
Man, the lack of "Move your unit to..." in the courier system of Waterloo really pisses me off. 

I simply cannot understand while unit commands are available in all of the other courier commands but not this one was left off.

I can't play the game as designed.  This disappointments me greatly.

MP is fun, then you're directly controlling you're units. .and courier messages are texts you type out to other players.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 09:51:19 PM
No, I got that.  But you can order your unit to do anything but "move to" in Waterloo.  So if you give a commander an order to move to some point, the commander will move but his troops will remain stationary.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where, in testing, this seemed like a good idea. 

It's like you do all this work to make a courier system, and then leave this rather critical piece just broken.    I wish I could refund the game, what a waste of money (for me).
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 09:51:19 PM
No, I got that.  But you can order your unit to do anything but "move to" in Waterloo.  So if you give a commander an order to move to some point, the commander will move but his troops will remain stationary.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where, in testing, this seemed like a good idea. 

It's like you do all this work to make a courier system, and then leave this rather critical piece just broken.    I wish I could refund the game, what a waste of money (for me).

I'm sure there's some way too get the troops to move to. But it's probably buried under a series of annoying clicks
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on August 26, 2017, 08:19:32 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on August 25, 2017, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 25, 2017, 09:51:19 PM
No, I got that.  But you can order your unit to do anything but "move to" in Waterloo.  So if you give a commander an order to move to some point, the commander will move but his troops will remain stationary.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where, in testing, this seemed like a good idea. 

It's like you do all this work to make a courier system, and then leave this rather critical piece just broken.    I wish I could refund the game, what a waste of money (for me).


I'm sure there's some way too get the troops to move to. But it's probably buried under a series of annoying clicks


I think his problem is that you can't do much in that regard with the Courier System.. Which I agree, in single player the Courier system is kind of useless. But seriously Toonces, MP can be a lot of fun, if you want to try some Friday or Saturday night with a bunch of grogs, I'm sure it can happen.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Martok on August 26, 2017, 08:24:06 AM
Have been playing Trackmania United the last few days (picked it up on sale), as I've needed some good mindless fun.  Am also looking at kicking off a new campaign in Rome II Total War; I've felt the game pulling at me for a while now. 
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 26, 2017, 12:28:43 PM
Stronghold Crusader HD and Medieval 2 TW as the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on August 26, 2017, 12:59:57 PM
The new gfx card appears to be working. So far. Updating drivers.

Yeah, in theory it isn't hard to switch out; in practice, I have a near-migraine.  :pullhair: Falcon is usually a great system designer, but this time they put the old SLI right up next to an internal wall, where it proved almost impossible to get anything down to press the release latch on the main slot. And when I did, I was hammering a long emory board right next to what looked like the main i/o bus.  :timeout: That was the worst but not the only problem. (I had enough sense to move the thing down a couple of slots when installing the new card, but then I started worrying that FNW had put the original card there for a good reason, and/or had tweaked the bios architecture to expect it in the old slot.)

Then on the first start, the system simply didn't boot up to the cycling dots under the windows sign. An attempt at a restart, shut down the whole system instead.

But currently I'm in gratitude-prayer opportunity mode.

Relatedly, if anyone would like a perfectly fine used Nvidia 690 SLI card, I'll take bids starting from free. ;)
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on August 26, 2017, 01:05:39 PM
Now, regarding the courier system in Waterloo:

sometimes when giving an order to a general within sight range of your targeted area, you have to also send him orders on how to maneuver his troops at the new deployment site. This always has to be done with artillery, as I found out much to my annoyance; and I have taken to doing it with my cav and infantry generals, too, just to be safe.

I suspect something of the same principle is wrong with getting more than the general to move via courier orders (in the sense of writing up orders for the computer to follow, rather than using the UI). I don't know, because I haven't played using written courier orders to the computer before, and it seems to me like it would be a nightmare despite the system apparently being pretty detailed.

However, I know for a fact that for large scale movements, if you choose a general and then go to the command map (which unfortunately looks almost exactly like the normal map), and click somewhere on the map (though I forget left or right clicking), the general will maneuver his troops there using the AI's own routines about formations.

Hopefully that will be of some help. I can't say much for your chances, but... you have my sympathy.  O:-)
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on August 27, 2017, 05:20:33 AM
Im doing something really quite different for my channel

Im making a video...on internet chefs...

No friggin clue how this is gonna go. Woot woot
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on August 28, 2017, 05:51:17 AM
I ended up getting addicted to Stars in Shadow. I "One more Turned" myself right through yesterday, luckily I was strong enough to pull away for GoT.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on August 28, 2017, 06:41:41 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 28, 2017, 05:51:17 AM
I ended up getting addicted to Stars in Shadow. I "One more Turned" myself right through yesterday, luckily I was strong enough to pull away for GoT.

Really want to get this one but holding out hope it'll hit one of the humble monthly deals.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: airboy on August 28, 2017, 11:10:35 AM
Not a fun weekend.  9.5 hour drive home from Southern Virginia (in top 20 of bad but not top 10).  I got to play a couple of scenarios in the Burma campaign for Order of Battle WW2.  There have been a couple of quite creative scenarios.

I also read the last scenario included in Pulp Cthulhu.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 28, 2017, 11:17:44 AM
I ended up alternating between Sudden Strike 4 and No Man's Sky with the latest update. It was a nice balance of RTS combat and FPS space exploration.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on August 28, 2017, 09:15:25 PM
I passed the drivers test @_@
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on August 28, 2017, 10:11:18 PM
w00t w00t!  Congrats Hof!  Now get on the autobahn, slap in some Kraftwerk, and put the pedal to the medal!!
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on August 28, 2017, 10:34:13 PM
Way to go Hof!  O0   Driving has got to easier than figuring out the economy in "Seven Years War", right?
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on August 28, 2017, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 28, 2017, 10:34:13 PM
Way to go Hof!  O0   Driving has got to easier than figuring out the economy in "Seven Years War", right?

See, I could figure out the economy in a day

This hellstorm took....i dont even know how long. That carpark at the top of the pic. Thats the friggin testing center

Its so bad because the instructors and testers say. Take a left at the first, then a right at the second and straigh. And my poor little autistic brain cant handle it, but it BSODs and im just "just tell me the end road PLEASE!"

(https://cranethie.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/five-ways-2.jpg?w=529)
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: jomni on August 29, 2017, 01:20:07 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on August 28, 2017, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 28, 2017, 10:34:13 PM
Way to go Hof!  O0   Driving has got to easier than figuring out the economy in "Seven Years War", right?

See, I could figure out the economy in a day

This hellstorm took....i dont even know how long. That carpark at the top of the pic. Thats the friggin testing center

Its so bad because the instructors and testers say. Take a left at the first, then a right at the second and straigh. And my poor little autistic brain cant handle it, but it BSODs and im just "just tell me the end road PLEASE!"

(https://cranethie.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/five-ways-2.jpg?w=529)

When I visited Australia, we drove to Bondi and I was astonished by the amount of roundabouts you have there.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 07:52:08 AM
I almost died in Scotland several times because of roundabouts. Well done Hof!
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Cyrano on August 29, 2017, 08:21:34 AM
I just kept telling myself, if that right turn is easy, you're about to enter the on-coming traffic lane...
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 08:26:59 AM
I just tried to keep my eyes open.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on August 29, 2017, 08:36:45 AM
I HATE roundabouts. They are the work of the Traffic-Control Devil.  :pullhair:
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 08:38:56 AM
Don't go to Scotland.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on August 29, 2017, 08:41:18 AM
You're supposed to walk in Scotland

Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 09:18:35 AM
I did. And then drove 543 miles.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on August 29, 2017, 09:23:37 AM
Ye shoulda taken't train, ye daft boy.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 09:24:37 AM
We did that too.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on August 29, 2017, 09:25:13 AM
Did you buy a kilt?
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 09:39:38 AM
No they are expensive. But I got a very nice Peaky Blinders style cap...it's actually cool enough today here to wear it too.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on August 29, 2017, 09:41:07 AM
Yeah, I wish I had thought of that. Maybe next time I'll pop over and wear it to the pub, wot?
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 09:45:17 AM
Make sure to pack it with razor blades for the inevitable fight.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on August 29, 2017, 04:09:23 PM
Yeah, next time I'm in a bar-fight, I'll take off my cap and threaten them with it.  :knuppel2:  Do the trains in Scotland have to use roundabouts too?
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 05:44:26 PM
Pfft of course not! That would be...daft.
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on August 29, 2017, 06:49:05 PM
Roundabouts are great you silly Yanks.   O0
Way better than waiting at traffic lights.  L:-)
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 07:22:21 PM
I'd rather wait at a traffic light than take the chance that some idiot doesn't know the meaning of 'yield.'
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Boggit on August 29, 2017, 07:49:20 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2017, 07:22:21 PM
I'd rather wait at a traffic light than take the chance that some idiot doesn't know the meaning of 'yield.'
Put giant scythes on your hub caps, and I'm betting that same idiot will "yield" pretty quick! ;)
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on August 29, 2017, 10:27:01 PM
I don't like them because they make all the empty beer cans in the floorboard of my truck roll to one side. And they spill the half-full ones.  #:-)
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on August 30, 2017, 05:56:34 AM
They make good Yes Songs!
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Boggit on August 30, 2017, 07:12:14 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 29, 2017, 10:27:01 PM
I don't like them because they make all the empty beer cans in the floorboard of my truck roll to one side. And they spill the half-full ones.  #:-)
:DD

You need a tidy up to rebalance your scythed truck! And don't forget to nicely rearrange the severed heads hanging from the cab. :hide:

Do you wear woad tattoos and spike up your hair with lime when you're out driving by any chance? :knuppel2: ;D
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on August 30, 2017, 10:13:21 AM
No Sir. More of a Cracker-Redneck thing, so the locals won't be too confused. I used to have a bumper-sticker with a Confederate flag and said, "Help Save the South- Teach a Yankee To Drive". It got some interesting looks and comments- verbal as well as demonstrational.  ::)
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Boggit on August 30, 2017, 12:07:13 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 30, 2017, 10:13:21 AM
No Sir. More of a Cracker-Redneck thing, so the locals won't be too confused. I used to have a bumper-sticker with a Confederate flag and said, "Help Save the South- Teach a Yankee To Drive". It got some interesting looks and comments- verbal as well as demonstrational.  ::)
;D
Title: Re: I Renounce This FRIDAY
Post by: Hofstadter on August 31, 2017, 06:54:44 AM
I Finally finished the script to the napoleon campaigns. For anyone who cares to read, this is the last paragraph. Note, this isnt spellchecked or anything, its just a script

QuoteThat's...basically it, the Russians left the French to the weather and Cossacks after berezhina. Napoleon declared defeat on the third and left for paris, leaving the rest of the army under Murat to head for vilna. They soldiers rioted there when they discovered the vast amount of supplies, more of them dying to each other and themselves. The French later crossed the Nieman, leaving Russia. Ney was the last one to look back over his shoulder at the campaign.
Napoleon didn't care what happened. Those men whom Nature had not hardened against all chances of fate and fortune seemed shaken; they lost their cheerfulness and good humor, and saw ahead of them nothing but disaster and catastrophe. Those on whom she had bestowed superior powers kept up their spirits and normal dispositions, seeing in the various ordeals a challenge to win new glory