I Renounce This FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, August 25, 2017, 04:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Now, regarding the courier system in Waterloo:

sometimes when giving an order to a general within sight range of your targeted area, you have to also send him orders on how to maneuver his troops at the new deployment site. This always has to be done with artillery, as I found out much to my annoyance; and I have taken to doing it with my cav and infantry generals, too, just to be safe.

I suspect something of the same principle is wrong with getting more than the general to move via courier orders (in the sense of writing up orders for the computer to follow, rather than using the UI). I don't know, because I haven't played using written courier orders to the computer before, and it seems to me like it would be a nightmare despite the system apparently being pretty detailed.

However, I know for a fact that for large scale movements, if you choose a general and then go to the command map (which unfortunately looks almost exactly like the normal map), and click somewhere on the map (though I forget left or right clicking), the general will maneuver his troops there using the AI's own routines about formations.

Hopefully that will be of some help. I can't say much for your chances, but... you have my sympathy.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hofstadter

Im doing something really quite different for my channel

Im making a video...on internet chefs...

No friggin clue how this is gonna go. Woot woot
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Tuna

I ended up getting addicted to Stars in Shadow. I "One more Turned" myself right through yesterday, luckily I was strong enough to pull away for GoT.

jamus34

Quote from: Tuna on August 28, 2017, 05:51:17 AM
I ended up getting addicted to Stars in Shadow. I "One more Turned" myself right through yesterday, luckily I was strong enough to pull away for GoT.

Really want to get this one but holding out hope it'll hit one of the humble monthly deals.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

Not a fun weekend.  9.5 hour drive home from Southern Virginia (in top 20 of bad but not top 10).  I got to play a couple of scenarios in the Burma campaign for Order of Battle WW2.  There have been a couple of quite creative scenarios.

I also read the last scenario included in Pulp Cthulhu.

Jarhead0331

I ended up alternating between Sudden Strike 4 and No Man's Sky with the latest update. It was a nice balance of RTS combat and FPS space exploration.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Hofstadter

I passed the drivers test @_@
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

MetalDog

w00t w00t!  Congrats Hof!  Now get on the autobahn, slap in some Kraftwerk, and put the pedal to the medal!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Way to go Hof!  O0   Driving has got to easier than figuring out the economy in "Seven Years War", right?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Hofstadter

#39
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 28, 2017, 10:34:13 PM
Way to go Hof!  O0   Driving has got to easier than figuring out the economy in "Seven Years War", right?

See, I could figure out the economy in a day

This hellstorm took....i dont even know how long. That carpark at the top of the pic. Thats the friggin testing center

Its so bad because the instructors and testers say. Take a left at the first, then a right at the second and straigh. And my poor little autistic brain cant handle it, but it BSODs and im just "just tell me the end road PLEASE!"

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

Quote from: Hofstadter on August 28, 2017, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 28, 2017, 10:34:13 PM
Way to go Hof!  O0   Driving has got to easier than figuring out the economy in "Seven Years War", right?

See, I could figure out the economy in a day

This hellstorm took....i dont even know how long. That carpark at the top of the pic. Thats the friggin testing center

Its so bad because the instructors and testers say. Take a left at the first, then a right at the second and straigh. And my poor little autistic brain cant handle it, but it BSODs and im just "just tell me the end road PLEASE!"



When I visited Australia, we drove to Bondi and I was astonished by the amount of roundabouts you have there.

Gusington

I almost died in Scotland several times because of roundabouts. Well done Hof!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

I just kept telling myself, if that right turn is easy, you're about to enter the on-coming traffic lane...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

I just tried to keep my eyes open.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I HATE roundabouts. They are the work of the Traffic-Control Devil.  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.