GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Martok on November 17, 2017, 01:36:25 AM

Title: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Martok on November 17, 2017, 01:36:25 AM



The announcement of the newest historical Total War (Sagas) title Thrones of Britannia has inspired me to fire up Attila's Age of Charlamagne campaign and start a new game as the Mercians. 

Any time/energy left over (ha!) will likely be spent with Stellaris.  Might as well enjoy my warp travel while I can... 
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 01:40:35 AM
Battlefront II

Goodbye
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 17, 2017, 05:10:56 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 01:40:35 AM
Battlefront II

Goodbye

never a doubt:). shall we guess toaw 4 by sunday:)
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 06:38:57 AM
I've just mentioned in TOAW IV thread that I've just received a 44% discount voucher from Matrix making TOAW IV £35 instead of £62.

That is so very tempting.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on November 17, 2017, 06:59:30 AM
Great song, by a legend Martok!

Grabbed Steel Division from the sale last night, so will probably be firing that up.  Probably some more Bomber Crew and FOG II as well.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 07:34:58 AM
Excellent song! Continuing my Polish campaign in Medieval 2 TW using the Stainless Steel mod v6.4.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 17, 2017, 07:51:05 AM
No idea what my gaming will be, but will finally be back home!  And I got a chunk of leave to burn!

Suspect lots of program updatings if not an outright system upgrading, but that's okay.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 17, 2017, 08:24:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 06:38:57 AM
I've just mentioned in TOAW IV thread that I've just received a 44% discount voucher from Matrix making TOAW IV £35 instead of £62.

That is so very tempting.

i change my vote to say by end of today versus sunday then:)
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on November 17, 2017, 08:49:41 AM
Hey tuna if you have any interest in multplayer skirmish I'm game ( although I'm not that good)for some steel division and I know Pratt has it too but we might have to drag him away from doing AAR's
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on November 17, 2017, 08:54:04 AM
Martok returns to the forums AND starts a Friday thread?  :o   :bd:

Probably one or more of the following: TAOW4, Endless Space 2, Civ6
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on November 17, 2017, 09:01:05 AM
Picked up Endless Space 2 on sale so I need to poke at that.
Return to my PBEM Wing Leader scenario with SDR... sorry for the delays.
DC1: Warsaw to Paris PBEM with Jason... we need to finish before Christmas... then start the next scenario...
Post some more of the OST II Para scenario AAR I have on the table.

Last of the yard work before winter sets in... which is probably Sunday....  :buck2:

Try and find/purchase a new vehicle to replace my wife's 16 yr old Grand Am that's finally dying on us...

Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 09:42:52 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 17, 2017, 08:24:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 06:38:57 AM
I've just mentioned in TOAW IV thread that I've just received a 44% discount voucher from Matrix making TOAW IV £35 instead of £62.

That is so very tempting.

i change my vote to say by end of today versus sunday then:)
oh ye of little faith
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on November 17, 2017, 09:46:13 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 09:42:52 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 17, 2017, 08:24:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 06:38:57 AM
I've just mentioned in TOAW IV thread that I've just received a 44% discount voucher from Matrix making TOAW IV £35 instead of £62.

That is so very tempting.

i change my vote to say by end of today versus sunday then:)
oh ye of little faith

So you're downloading it now?
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:08:30 AM
har
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on November 17, 2017, 10:09:27 AM
hardy har har
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:10:08 AM
Can I have a beer at 10am?
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on November 17, 2017, 10:12:11 AM
Go for it. I've been drinking since 9.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:14:03 AM
You complete me.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 10:26:01 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:10:08 AM
Can I have a beer at 10am?
Why wait until 10? Get drinkin' man
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Don't want to embarrass myself and outdrink Once Hawt Baus too early in the day.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on November 17, 2017, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Don't want to embarrass myself and outdrink Once Hawt Baus too early in the day.

It's five o'clock where I am ....


Will try out Endless Space 2 using the free weekend trial on Steam.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 17, 2017, 01:36:40 PM
It's ALWAYS 5 O'clock when you're retired. Just try getting up and doing anything, and the mess you make will cause someone to tell you, "Please stop and go somewhere and have a beer. Will you"?  :bd:  Still trying to get Charlemagne over the finish line in Age of Charlemagne and some serious Civil War 2 action ahead for my weekend. Along with grandkid-ing at the movies.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Crossroads on November 17, 2017, 01:54:48 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 17, 2017, 09:01:05 AM

DC1: Warsaw to Paris PBEM with Jason... we need to finish before Christmas... then start the next scenario...


Yes please, been really enjoying those AARs  :)

TOAW IV for me. Purchased the one with a full hardcover manual. What a devious play by Matrix, this book approach! It's my third already  :buck2:
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on November 17, 2017, 01:58:06 PM
They should sell manuals with a game included :P
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Crossroads on November 17, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 17, 2017, 01:58:06 PM
They should sell manuals with a game included :P

That's what these new hardcover manuals are actually. There's the manual, and the DVD is included in inside cover  :)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrixgames.com%2Fforums%2Fupfiles%2F32195%2F18652D02A7B54998A0FB673C8A7F19A4.jpg&hash=76a536dd8390b4c25ec54141d63cd07b4ef0d31d)
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on November 17, 2017, 02:20:06 PM
(https://i.imgflip.com/1zkhgg.jpg)
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 02:22:25 PM
Exactly like Field of Glory too.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 02:23:09 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on November 17, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 17, 2017, 01:58:06 PM
They should sell manuals with a game included :P

That's what these new hardcover manuals are actually. There's the manual, and the DVD is included in inside cover  :)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrixgames.com%2Fforums%2Fupfiles%2F32195%2F18652D02A7B54998A0FB673C8A7F19A4.jpg&hash=76a536dd8390b4c25ec54141d63cd07b4ef0d31d)
Those are nice manuals btw  O0
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Crossroads on November 17, 2017, 02:36:13 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2017, 02:23:09 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on November 17, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 17, 2017, 01:58:06 PM
They should sell manuals with a game included :P

That's what these new hardcover manuals are actually. There's the manual, and the DVD is included in inside cover  :)

Those are nice manuals btw  O0

Yessir. With everything gone digital, this is a really neat idea as how to up the game with something printed as an option  :smitten:
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on November 17, 2017, 03:49:06 PM
I have both of those too. And they are worth every penny!
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: CJReich46 on November 17, 2017, 08:18:22 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on November 17, 2017, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Don't want to embarrass myself and outdrink Once Hawt Baus too early in the day.

It's five o'clock where I am ....


Will try out Endless Space 2 using the free weekend trial on Steam.

Ditto. Surprisingly on the Potato it actually runs pretty well.  But I am digging the improvements over Endless Space.  I didn't play Sophons in ES but I thought I would try them. "With Great Power Comes...Great Irresponsibility."   Yep. That'd be me

I have a short-ish work day this weekend but off till Wednesday!!

But Then... "in loud booming voice..."
IT begins on Friday...

:o

the sales...the music...the horror...

Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on November 17, 2017, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on November 17, 2017, 08:18:22 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on November 17, 2017, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Don't want to embarrass myself and outdrink Once Hawt Baus too early in the day.

It's five o'clock where I am ....


Will try out Endless Space 2 using the free weekend trial on Steam.

Ditto. Surprisingly on the Potato it actually runs pretty well.  But I am digging the improvements over Endless Space.  I didn't play Sophons in ES but I thought I would try them. "With Great Power Comes...Great Irresponsibility."   Yep. That'd be me

I have a short-ish work day this weekend but off till Wednesday!!

But Then... "in loud booming voice..."
IT begins on Friday...

:o

the sales...the music...the horror...





I feel ya', brother!  Did my time in the retail mines.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:10:44 PM
I thought he meant the Steam Thanksgiving sale...
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on November 17, 2017, 10:42:40 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 17, 2017, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on November 17, 2017, 08:18:22 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on November 17, 2017, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 10:43:11 AM
Don't want to embarrass myself and outdrink Once Hawt Baus too early in the day.

It's five o'clock where I am ....


Will try out Endless Space 2 using the free weekend trial on Steam.

Ditto. Surprisingly on the Potato it actually runs pretty well.  But I am digging the improvements over Endless Space.  I didn't play Sophons in ES but I thought I would try them. "With Great Power Comes...Great Irresponsibility."   Yep. That'd be me

I have a short-ish work day this weekend but off till Wednesday!!

But Then... "in loud booming voice..."
IT begins on Friday...

:o

the sales...the music...the horror...





I feel ya', brother!  Did my time in the retail mines.

+1 we spilled the same blood in the same mud.

I'm "off" most of next week...which will probably involve me working at least half the time.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on November 18, 2017, 12:34:42 AM
Quote from: Tuna on November 17, 2017, 06:59:30 AM
Great song, by a legend Martok!

Grabbed Steel Division from the sale last night, so will probably be firing that up.  Probably some more Bomber Crew and FOG II as well.

Looks like it's going to be World of Warships this weekend
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Kushan on November 18, 2017, 02:28:54 AM
Spent 6 hours tonight mindlessly slaughtering demons and undead in Diablo 3. Not really sure whats on deck for the rest of the weekend. More Diablo 3 for sure, maybe some Destiny 2. Now that I'm over the flu, some CMANO and/or Prepar3d might be in order.
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Martok on November 18, 2017, 11:49:07 PM
Change in plans:  Am playing Endless Space 2 instead, due it being free this weekend.  Haven't spent much time with it yet, but I like what I've seen so far.  May very well end up getting, especially with the current 50%-off sale. 
Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on November 19, 2017, 03:27:41 AM
I got Endless Space 2 and installed it but will wait a little before playing it.

I will mostly play my current game of Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars and then continue my game of Oriental Empires.

I may play a few turns of Birth of the Federation on my netbook.

Will also look one or two episodes of Space 2063...

Title: Re: My pride and FRIDAY
Post by: airboy on November 19, 2017, 05:57:22 PM
I'm playing Eldritch Horror and have started an AAR.

This can be found at: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20985.0