GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on June 05, 2018, 10:54:20 AM

Title: Vampyr
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 05, 2018, 10:54:20 AM
Anyone getting this? its out today.

I had it on my wish list, but it looks a little too story-oriented and dialogue heavy for me.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/427290/Vampyr/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/427290/Vampyr/)
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 05, 2018, 11:36:59 AM
I loaded it last night. Reviews so far are generally decent. I need to get through my backlogue before I fire it up in earnest...including Kingdom Come and Thrones of Britannia.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: JasonPratt on June 05, 2018, 12:26:11 PM
Trying to keep new purchases low for a while, but this has definitely been on my radar... will be watching for impressions.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: bbmike on June 05, 2018, 12:36:32 PM
So you're looking for Wot I Thinks for Vampry? Let's howpe pipl post thyr thaughts.

[I see what I did thyre!]
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 05, 2018, 12:45:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on June 05, 2018, 12:36:32 PM
So you're looking for Wot I Thinks for Vampry? Let's howpe pipl post thyr thaughts.

[I see what I did thyre!]
I'm glad you do!

On my radar. I like a story, but not hugely into vampire stuff.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Ian C on June 05, 2018, 01:07:06 PM
It's made by the people responsible for Life is Strange. A game I never thought I'd get into but was one of the best story-based games I ever played.

Negative reviews for Vampyr seem to be of the 'not a combat game' flavour.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 05, 2018, 01:16:33 PM
I got it, but have yet to find enough time to truly play it.
I'm also still waiting for GreenManGaming to deliver the Pre-Order DLC key to me (the idiots forgot to send those out, and have been asleep for 2 days now).
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Rayfer on June 05, 2018, 01:30:15 PM
Quote from: Ian C on June 05, 2018, 01:07:06 PM
It's made by the people responsible for Life is Strange. A game I never thought I'd get into but was one of the best story-based games I ever played.

Negative reviews for Vampyr seem to be of the 'not a combat game' flavour.

I'm not one for those story driven games but I finished "Life is Strange"...a very satisfying gaming experience, really enjoyed it.  I'll have to take a look at Vampyr.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 05, 2018, 01:52:18 PM
I got my preorder key yesterday along with the pre order bonus from Green Man.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 05, 2018, 04:03:10 PM
Ugh... I really hate those "Checkpoint-only" save systems.

Now I made a slight mistake and can't correct it :(
(Didn't realize saying something to a patient at the hospital will permanently block me from gaining a clue/hint that I need)
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 05, 2018, 04:56:26 PM
^I don't like them either and the save system is one of the complaints I've read about...it's part of a game world that bills itself as open but isn't really.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 06, 2018, 06:35:03 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2018, 01:52:18 PM
I got my preorder key yesterday along with the pre order bonus from Green Man.

Well, I've been waiting for over 2 days since I opened a support ticket, and still nothing.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 06, 2018, 08:30:16 AM
Israeli release delay?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: ComradeP on June 06, 2018, 09:40:15 AM
I was vaguely interested until I read about uninspiring characters, a stamina-based combat system preventing fluid movements and a lack of meaningful game changing (moral) choices that are the bane of so many potentially interesting games these days.

It seems the main variety comes from picking which bland NPC to kill in each area. The people at GameRevolution didn't kill anyone that wasn't actively hostile and still the game kept insisting they would turn to the dark side.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 07, 2018, 04:58:35 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2018, 08:30:16 AM
Israeli release delay?

Nah, just GMG guys being a bunch of nitwits.

Also, ComradeP?! Where have you been?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 06:48:47 AM
So did you get your code yet?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: ComradeP on June 07, 2018, 07:31:40 AM
Lurking in the shadows more or less, there are periods where there's not that much for me to comment on depending on what kind of games are released.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 07, 2018, 09:07:18 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 06:48:47 AM
So did you get your code yet?

Nope. :(
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 10:22:31 AM
WTF??
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 07, 2018, 10:29:27 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 10:22:31 AM
WTF??

I know.
They better come up with some proper compensation for this soon, for I am planning to demand a refund and buy the game again when it goes on sale.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 12:40:58 PM
:/
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 07, 2018, 12:41:31 PM
They refused to refund.
Guess it's time to consider a PayPal Dispute.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 12:42:30 PM
What? Can they confirm that they sent you the code?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 07, 2018, 01:17:02 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 12:42:30 PM
What? Can they confirm that they sent you the code?

Nope, they even admitted they didn't send the code.
Also, I'm not sure if it's legal what they are doing according to UK/EU laws (the company is based in England).
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 01:36:15 PM
Did they give a reason why they didn't send the code?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Ian C on June 07, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
So, is it any good?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 07, 2018, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 01:36:15 PM
Did they give a reason why they didn't send the code?

Nothing but the same BS over and over "We are looking into it. Thank you for your patience".


EDIT: I've taken it to PayPal, hopefully they will help resolve this issue.

I just can't believe GMG, they kept making mistakes, and instead of having their higher ups do a proper damage control of the issue, they just kept blundering it into a greater mess.

EDIT 2: What a surprise. An hour after opening the PayPal dispute they mail me a key they say is for the DLC.  ::)
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 07:35:46 PM
...but not the main Vampyr game?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 08, 2018, 03:31:59 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 07:35:46 PM
...but not the main Vampyr game?

That I already got.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2018, 08:31:50 AM
Oh.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2018, 08:37:34 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2018, 08:31:50 AM
Oh.

My
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2018, 09:06:59 AM
Gawd?
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Tpek on June 08, 2018, 09:23:55 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 08, 2018, 09:06:59 AM
Gawd?

Gefilte Fish.
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2018, 09:32:20 AM
~fin~
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2018, 09:32:40 AM
good work everyone
Title: Re: Vampyr
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2018, 09:33:05 AM
 :2funny: