Main Menu

Vampyr

Started by Jarhead0331, June 05, 2018, 10:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Anyone getting this? its out today.

I had it on my wish list, but it looks a little too story-oriented and dialogue heavy for me.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/427290/Vampyr/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I loaded it last night. Reviews so far are generally decent. I need to get through my backlogue before I fire it up in earnest...including Kingdom Come and Thrones of Britannia.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Trying to keep new purchases low for a while, but this has definitely been on my radar... will be watching for impressions.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

So you're looking for Wot I Thinks for Vampry? Let's howpe pipl post thyr thaughts.

[I see what I did thyre!]
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bbmike on June 05, 2018, 12:36:32 PM
So you're looking for Wot I Thinks for Vampry? Let's howpe pipl post thyr thaughts.

[I see what I did thyre!]
I'm glad you do!

On my radar. I like a story, but not hugely into vampire stuff.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Ian C

It's made by the people responsible for Life is Strange. A game I never thought I'd get into but was one of the best story-based games I ever played.

Negative reviews for Vampyr seem to be of the 'not a combat game' flavour.

Tpek

I got it, but have yet to find enough time to truly play it.
I'm also still waiting for GreenManGaming to deliver the Pre-Order DLC key to me (the idiots forgot to send those out, and have been asleep for 2 days now).

Rayfer

Quote from: Ian C on June 05, 2018, 01:07:06 PM
It's made by the people responsible for Life is Strange. A game I never thought I'd get into but was one of the best story-based games I ever played.

Negative reviews for Vampyr seem to be of the 'not a combat game' flavour.

I'm not one for those story driven games but I finished "Life is Strange"...a very satisfying gaming experience, really enjoyed it.  I'll have to take a look at Vampyr.

Gusington

I got my preorder key yesterday along with the pre order bonus from Green Man.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Ugh... I really hate those "Checkpoint-only" save systems.

Now I made a slight mistake and can't correct it :(
(Didn't realize saying something to a patient at the hospital will permanently block me from gaining a clue/hint that I need)

Gusington

^I don't like them either and the save system is one of the complaints I've read about...it's part of a game world that bills itself as open but isn't really.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2018, 01:52:18 PM
I got my preorder key yesterday along with the pre order bonus from Green Man.

Well, I've been waiting for over 2 days since I opened a support ticket, and still nothing.

Gusington

Israeli release delay?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

I was vaguely interested until I read about uninspiring characters, a stamina-based combat system preventing fluid movements and a lack of meaningful game changing (moral) choices that are the bane of so many potentially interesting games these days.

It seems the main variety comes from picking which bland NPC to kill in each area. The people at GameRevolution didn't kill anyone that wasn't actively hostile and still the game kept insisting they would turn to the dark side.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on June 06, 2018, 08:30:16 AM
Israeli release delay?

Nah, just GMG guys being a bunch of nitwits.

Also, ComradeP?! Where have you been?