No,
not The Duffel Blog
http://www.geekosystem.com/iran-nuclear-facility-thunderstruck/
QuoteIranian Nuclear Facility Under Cyberattack, Computers Playing AC/DC's Thunderstruck at Night
Yesterday, the security research group F-Secure received a puzzling email claiming to be from a nuclear scientist with the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI). In it, the author claimed that the country's nuclear facilities were once again under attack. Only this time, the hackers brought Angus Young along for the ride.
F-Secure's Mikko Hypponen said that a strange new chapter in the ongoing strife over Iran's nuclear activities may be unfolding. He posted the following email which, although he cannot confirm the veracity of the claims, he does say came from within the AEOI. It reads:
QuoteI am writing you to inform you that our nuclear program has once again been compromised and attacked by a new worm with exploits which have shut down our automation network at Natanz and another facility Fordo near Qom.
According to the email our cyber experts sent to our teams, they believe a hacker tool Metasploit was used. The hackers had access to our VPN. The automation network and Siemens hardware were attacked and shut down. I only know very little about these cyber issues as I am scientist not a computer expert.
There was also some music playing randomly on several of the workstations during the middle of the night with the volume maxed out. I believe it was playing 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC.
more at the link.
the only thing that makes this better is if they'd Rick-rolled the Iranian nuke program
Heh.
I definitely recommend playing the video while reading the article: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RukUetw0hAM
I guess there is no question about which country sent this virus their way. 8)
Awesome. I salute whoever worked on that program.
Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 25, 2012, 07:43:00 AM
I guess there is no question about which country sent this virus their way. 8)
That, or it's a major case of misdirection!
Why would the Iranians announce that to the world?
That is frickin' great. I wish I was the one who hit 'send' on that one.
Now if the guy really wanted to put the ayatollahs into convulsions, he should show parades featuring the Shah of Iran (before the Revolution), and playing the national anthem from his time.
Thunderstruck is merely annoying to those bozos.
Thought thunderstruck was the favoured tune for psyops ;D never thought i would see some of you guys cheering hackers ::) good to see tho.
^There's a big difference between taking out the Iranian nuclear program and trying to steal my Steam account info.
Quote from: Gusington on July 26, 2012, 08:53:57 AM
^There's a big difference between taking out the Iranian nuclear program and trying to steal my Steam account info.
indeed, theres some serious ramifications for global peace if someone hacks into Gus' steam account
FWIW - i think its a great story, not only can we do this to you, but we can take the piss as well - we are watching you!!!!!!
Quote from: besilarius on July 26, 2012, 06:08:56 AM
Now if the guy really wanted to put the ayatollahs into convulsions, he should show parades featuring the Shah of Iran (before the Revolution), and playing the national anthem from his time.
Thunderstruck is merely annoying to those bozos.
Actually, in going through the lyrics there is a not-so-subtle message in there that I was amused to see. Let me pull them up...
Ah yes, in the first stanza:
QuoteI was caught In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder)
I looked round And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)
My mind raced And I thought what could I do (Thunder)
And I knew There was no help, no help from you (Thunder)
"I knew there was no turning back...no help from you."
I'd say that tune was no accident. And is just the start.
Quote from: besilarius on July 26, 2012, 06:08:56 AM
Now if the guy really wanted to put the ayatollahs into convulsions, he should show parades featuring the Shah of Iran (before the Revolution), and playing the national anthem from his time.
Thunderstruck is merely annoying to those bozos.
i would opt for playing
Hava Nagila not with the workstation speaker ...but with the up and down spinning hum of hundreds of centrifuges before switching their SPS Simatic-S7 to overvoltage finally ;D
Quote from: besilarius on July 26, 2012, 06:08:56 AM
Now if the guy really wanted to put the ayatollahs into convulsions, he should show parades featuring the Shah of Iran (before the Revolution), and playing the national anthem from his time.
Thunderstruck is merely annoying to those bozos.
One thing that I will say about the Shah, he was a snappy dresser.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2F9%2F96%2FShah_of_iran.jpg%2F220px-Shah_of_iran.jpg.png&hash=77362120a6bff23ad00c30f851245cf2d032376f)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_d1Bzk_Gi7MU%2FTE55U0sPiiI%2FAAAAAAAAA0A%2FD3ga5okQf5E%2Fs1600%2FShahanshah%2BAryamehr%2B1.jpg&hash=0eeace18c757d0434c21256d6fd749ca3201411e)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FdKYMCbb8Mi4%2F0.jpg&hash=10e3333a0c36beed009064a2c643461498cef707)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm5.static.flickr.com%2F4090%2F5049593607_5b93e61b81.jpg&hash=7def5ce6da23e37e8f580fd70b24cb8669dbfd93)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm4.static.flickr.com%2F3059%2F2796979863_706770f046.jpg&hash=8770a34192fd9dd1277770d345254d52d8a13c14)
And he let the women dress in contemporary fashion.
(https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFAluOaQACOaokgBJwE97XUDGewtZXq1hhwGgKZ54IWaNvlBDFvw)
It's good to be king! 8)
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 26, 2012, 08:57:15 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 26, 2012, 08:53:57 AM
^There's a big difference between taking out the Iranian nuclear program and trying to steal my Steam account info.
indeed, theres some serious ramifications for global peace if someone hacks into Gus' steam account
Or his porn files......... 8)
Quote from: Steelgrave on July 26, 2012, 04:20:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 26, 2012, 08:57:15 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 26, 2012, 08:53:57 AM
^There's a big difference between taking out the Iranian nuclear program and trying to steal my Steam account info.
indeed, theres some serious ramifications for global peace if someone hacks into Gus' steam account
Or his porn files......... 8)
I'm not interested in seeing what Gus does after he giggles a girly "teehee." Sorry, no interest at all.
^Good point. Probably best to not know. Or imagine even.
In regards to the Shah being a natty dresser.
It is a shame that clothes horses who are dictators get no respect. Consider Isabelle Marcos.
Have you ever seen her collection of shoes?
Or authors who are dictators. The wife of Rumanian strongman, Nicolai Ceaucescu, wrote a twelve volume work on atomic science which every Rumanian student was encouraged to purchase. (Notice how advanced the Rumanian sciences are today?)
And of course that great landscape artist A. Hitler never is remembered for his paintings.
Being a domineering dictator seems to trump all else in the court of public opinion.
My porn is definitely more secure than the Iranian nuclear servers. TEEHEE!!
Besides Thunderstruck, another good selection would have been the audio of me singing at my Bar Mitzvah.
Hmmm.
Considered a career as a wedding singer, a la Adam Sandler?
You could have quite a tour at all the Grog festivities.
Quote from: LongBlade on July 26, 2012, 04:46:33 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on July 26, 2012, 04:20:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 26, 2012, 08:57:15 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 26, 2012, 08:53:57 AM
^There's a big difference between taking out the Iranian nuclear program and trying to steal my Steam account info.
indeed, theres some serious ramifications for global peace if someone hacks into Gus' steam account
Or his porn files......... 8)
I'm not interested in seeing what Gus does after he giggles a girly "teehee." Sorry, no interest at all.
**cough... cough** BRONY!! ;)
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 27, 2012, 07:12:25 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on July 26, 2012, 04:46:33 PM
I'm not interested in seeing what Gus does after he giggles a girly "teehee." Sorry, no interest at all.
**cough... cough** BRONY!! ;)
LoL!
Quote from: mirth on July 27, 2012, 09:40:11 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 27, 2012, 07:12:25 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on July 26, 2012, 04:46:33 PM
I'm not interested in seeing what Gus does after he giggles a girly "teehee." Sorry, no interest at all.
**cough... cough** BRONY!! ;)
LoL!
I thing that nailed it.
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 26, 2012, 01:04:00 PM
And he let the women dress in contemporary fashion.
(https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFAluOaQACOaokgBJwE97XUDGewtZXq1hhwGgKZ54IWaNvlBDFvw)
You Canadians just push the envelope of female sexuality everyday.
Not really Bes...I can't properly express how horrible my singing was. Audio of it would see Iranians defect in the dozens at least.
Well, the trick then, is to have a warm up act. They start off, and encourage everybody to start dancing, and drinking. A little eating, a little drinking, a little happines, a little drinking.
By the time you come on, they've got a warm glow, are dancing, and kissing. They'll love ya baby.
You were always a big fan, Bes :)