GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on July 26, 2019, 02:24:34 AM

Title: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 26, 2019, 02:24:34 AM
My dad was a music lover. He had an awesome vinyl collection and state of the art stereo system in the 1980s. I remember every night, he'd have a drink, dim the lights and play his favorite albums. The music would progressively get louder. He'd be standing there in his underwear air-guitaring and my mom would shout, "Larry!!! Lower that!"...he'd just grin at my brother and me and make it just a little bit louder on the dial.  This was one off his favorites...

This one is for you, dad.

Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: FlickJax on July 26, 2019, 04:04:04 AM
The Isle of Whites finest :)

Travelling to Somerset tomorrow for a family party :) so playing time will be limited.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on July 26, 2019, 06:35:30 AM
FoGII-Empires, Rule the Waves 2, and some time doing research for Burden of Command.  Possibly a bit of time doing descriptions and photos for CMANO.  With luck, I'll have a chance to continue my cross country flight in the Piper Cub, but I'm really wanting to hold off on that until the new A2A Cub is available.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 26, 2019, 08:26:19 AM
Damn, I do the exact same thing with music and my daughters...even sometimes to Level 42!! I love "There's Something About You"...but more often it is to NIN, Korn, Metallica or Ministry 😎

Continued play of FogE this weekend, along with AssCreed Origins - which I am thoroughly enjoying. I think Origins and Odyssey are the best AssCreeds, evah.

Also hoping to finally launch my Attila TW Byzantine campaign and play some FoG2 Wolves at the Gate, Diablo III, and I have been toying with the idea of getting back into Dragon Age: Inquisition again. However Origin has been down for me for at least 3-4 days.

Is it down for anyone else?
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: PanzersEast on July 26, 2019, 10:33:11 AM

Interstellar Space: Genesis   or   MOO 2.5

Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 26, 2019, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on July 26, 2019, 10:33:11 AM

Interstellar Space: Genesis   

I'm really enjoying it so far. Plan on doing a detailed review for this one. Adam Solo was nice enough to give us a press code.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: -budd- on July 26, 2019, 10:41:00 AM
Weather will be nice this weekend, road trip time. I'll take the family down to mount St. Helens, stop at the outlet mall on the way back for some early school clothes shopping, then grab some dinner. Going to be a good day. Of course i get radio control on the trip....O.....there will be car karaoke 8)

Gaming wise not sure , my pbem partner and I agreed to play slow since we're getting a bit of summer weather finally. If I 've receive the CM turns I'll play them. Feels like I'm finally cooling down on my Brutal Doom killing spree, and started a killing spree in Killing Floor 2, there's new maps I want to check out. I binged on FOG Empires , my Dacians  L:-) finally got surrounded by Macidonia (assholes) and there's no where to go. I had to grovel and send money to survive, turn 180, probably will restart. Been getting into Armored Brigade, purchased the dlc, want to play on the Italy map.

That music thing must be a dad thing, I did that just three days ago. I have a Bose system out in the living room, and the app on my laptop. So I'll be in the bedroom and I'll have a need to feel the music. When my daughter was i think 5, her favorite song was by Psy, Gangnum Style. So I que it up at max volume and come out riding the horse in my underwear \m/.  If you want to know what riding the horse is watch the video of the song, you'll get it. If you picture it, I apologize , and call your therapist immediately.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on July 26, 2019, 11:19:39 AM
My Dad also loved his stereo. Usually Hank Williams with a shot of Old Grandad. It took him back somewhere, I know not where. I'm still beating-up on the Krauts in TOAW 4's Italian Campaign: Sicily to Brenner Pass and just made Sir Slash a Level 18 Paladin in Pillars 2. Have a great last weekend of July Grogs.  :bd:
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 26, 2019, 12:17:41 PM
budd that is - above and beyond the call of duty...

...and yes I forgot to add that alcohol did fuel my deejaying with my kids, but was not absolutely necessary.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Crossroads on July 26, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
That's a nice tune, thanks for sharing! I still have my vinyl turntable, newest vinyl I've got is Neil Young's Psychedelic Pill, a few years ago. Vinyls DO sound better, can't think as why that is so, but so it is. It is known.

I've got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue (as the other titles too) is on sale regardless. Should I...
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on July 26, 2019, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on July 26, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
...
I've got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue (as the other titles too) is on sale regardless. Should I...

DC 3: Barbarossa is the best of the bunch....
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on July 26, 2019, 01:45:48 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 26, 2019, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on July 26, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
...
I've got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue (as the other titles too) is on sale regardless. Should I...

DC 3: Barbarossa is the best of the bunch....

I got my 11th anniversary coupon, 44% off, and am contemplating what to use it on as well.   :-\
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on July 26, 2019, 02:21:58 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 26, 2019, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on July 26, 2019, 10:33:11 AM

Interstellar Space: Genesis   

I'm really enjoying it so far. Plan on doing a detailed review for this one. Adam Solo was nice enough to give us a press code.

I bought this game yesterday and played it for about an hour or so.  It's a great game that really grabbed me immediately compared to other recent releases I've played this month. 

I look forward to reading your review. 

Adam Solo and company are great guys.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: -budd- on July 26, 2019, 09:30:52 PM
Friendly reminder, the Matrix coupon is good for total purchase, not just one item. i picked up, FOG:empires, Aggressors Ancient Rome and the new Armored Brigade DLC  with mine.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: al_infierno on July 26, 2019, 10:04:13 PM
Glord of Fieldy: Pirems
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on July 26, 2019, 10:59:29 PM
Floyd of Pielty: Gimpires. Or, Field of Baseball: Umpires. Or, Fields of Gory: Vampires? Let me think about this some more while I have another Beam & Coke.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Crossroads on July 27, 2019, 01:14:00 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 26, 2019, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on July 26, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
...
I've got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue (as the other titles too) is on sale regardless. Should I...

DC 3: Barbarossa is the best of the bunch....

Yes, the game mechanism is quite something with all the cards the player has. I am just missing Case Blue from the trilogy, might just snap it.

Quote from: -budd- on July 26, 2019, 09:30:52 PM
Friendly reminder, the Matrix coupon is good for total purchase, not just one item. i picked up, FOG:empires, Aggressors Ancient Rome and the new Armored Brigade DLC  with mine.

I did not realise that. Maybe it is finally time to jump in to the Armored Bde as well.

I don't have that much time to actually play the games, but that's no excuce not to buy them. right.
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on July 27, 2019, 07:13:41 AM
Quote from: -budd- on July 26, 2019, 09:30:52 PM
Friendly reminder, the Matrix coupon is good for total purchase, not just one item. i picked up, FOG:empires, Aggressors Ancient Rome and the new Armored Brigade DLC  with mine.

Thanks budd....I had forgotten about that.   :clap:
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on July 27, 2019, 10:21:52 AM
DC: Case Blue is great Crossroads. LOTS and lots of units to push around.  :bd:
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Crossroads on July 27, 2019, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 27, 2019, 10:21:52 AM
DC: Case Blue is great Crossroads. LOTS and lots of units to push around.  :bd:

That settles it then  O0

Edit Bummer, the DC sale is over  :-[
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: tanqtonic on July 27, 2019, 09:30:36 PM
I am really spoiled (Matrix wise).   My coupon kicks in right in the middle of the Christmas sale, and stacks on top of it.

Last go around some stuff I picked up was literally 20 cents on the dollar or so,
Title: Re: StarFRIDAY
Post by: Moreb on July 28, 2019, 11:17:19 AM
Back home after 3 weeks of out of town work. Settled in and sitting down to the new Mius Front update where they continue to make changes to the Operational Phase to reflect a more historical outcome. But more importantly, they changed the point-buy system of generated battles to include the advanced orders after 5 hours in game play. They are called either Come into Battle mode or Close Engagement mode. Either way, with a few clicks, some great, small battles are generated. I've been wanting them to expand this part of the game for some time and I'm very happy to say that they have.

Other than that, Rock On!