Main Menu

StarFRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, July 26, 2019, 02:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

My dad was a music lover. He had an awesome vinyl collection and state of the art stereo system in the 1980s. I remember every night, he'd have a drink, dim the lights and play his favorite albums. The music would progressively get louder. He'd be standing there in his underwear air-guitaring and my mom would shout, "Larry!!! Lower that!"...he'd just grin at my brother and me and make it just a little bit louder on the dial.  This was one off his favorites...

This one is for you, dad.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


FlickJax

The Isle of Whites finest :)

Travelling to Somerset tomorrow for a family party :) so playing time will be limited.

Tripoli

#2
FoGII-Empires, Rule the Waves 2, and some time doing research for Burden of Command.  Possibly a bit of time doing descriptions and photos for CMANO.  With luck, I'll have a chance to continue my cross country flight in the Piper Cub, but I'm really wanting to hold off on that until the new A2A Cub is available.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Damn, I do the exact same thing with music and my daughters...even sometimes to Level 42!! I love "There's Something About You"...but more often it is to NIN, Korn, Metallica or Ministry 😎

Continued play of FogE this weekend, along with AssCreed Origins - which I am thoroughly enjoying. I think Origins and Odyssey are the best AssCreeds, evah.

Also hoping to finally launch my Attila TW Byzantine campaign and play some FoG2 Wolves at the Gate, Diablo III, and I have been toying with the idea of getting back into Dragon Age: Inquisition again. However Origin has been down for me for at least 3-4 days.

Is it down for anyone else?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast


Interstellar Space: Genesis   or   MOO 2.5


Jarhead0331

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 26, 2019, 10:33:11 AM

Interstellar Space: Genesis   

I'm really enjoying it so far. Plan on doing a detailed review for this one. Adam Solo was nice enough to give us a press code.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


-budd-

Weather will be nice this weekend, road trip time. I'll take the family down to mount St. Helens, stop at the outlet mall on the way back for some early school clothes shopping, then grab some dinner. Going to be a good day. Of course i get radio control on the trip....O.....there will be car karaoke 8)

Gaming wise not sure , my pbem partner and I agreed to play slow since we're getting a bit of summer weather finally. If I 've receive the CM turns I'll play them. Feels like I'm finally cooling down on my Brutal Doom killing spree, and started a killing spree in Killing Floor 2, there's new maps I want to check out. I binged on FOG Empires , my Dacians  L:-) finally got surrounded by Macidonia (assholes) and there's no where to go. I had to grovel and send money to survive, turn 180, probably will restart. Been getting into Armored Brigade, purchased the dlc, want to play on the Italy map.

That music thing must be a dad thing, I did that just three days ago. I have a Bose system out in the living room, and the app on my laptop. So I'll be in the bedroom and I'll have a need to feel the music. When my daughter was i think 5, her favorite song was by Psy, Gangnum Style. So I que it up at max volume and come out riding the horse in my underwear \m/.  If you want to know what riding the horse is watch the video of the song, you'll get it. If you picture it, I apologize , and call your therapist immediately.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

My Dad also loved his stereo. Usually Hank Williams with a shot of Old Grandad. It took him back somewhere, I know not where. I'm still beating-up on the Krauts in TOAW 4's Italian Campaign: Sicily to Brenner Pass and just made Sir Slash a Level 18 Paladin in Pillars 2. Have a great last weekend of July Grogs.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

budd that is - above and beyond the call of duty...

...and yes I forgot to add that alcohol did fuel my deejaying with my kids, but was not absolutely necessary.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

That's a nice tune, thanks for sharing! I still have my vinyl turntable, newest vinyl I've got is Neil Young's Psychedelic Pill, a few years ago. Vinyls DO sound better, can't think as why that is so, but so it is. It is known.

I've got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue (as the other titles too) is on sale regardless. Should I...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Quote from: Crossroads on July 26, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
...
I've got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue (as the other titles too) is on sale regardless. Should I...

DC 3: Barbarossa is the best of the bunch....

Rayfer

Quote from: Barthheart on July 26, 2019, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on July 26, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
...
I've got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue (as the other titles too) is on sale regardless. Should I...

DC 3: Barbarossa is the best of the bunch....

I got my 11th anniversary coupon, 44% off, and am contemplating what to use it on as well.   :-\

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 26, 2019, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on July 26, 2019, 10:33:11 AM

Interstellar Space: Genesis   

I'm really enjoying it so far. Plan on doing a detailed review for this one. Adam Solo was nice enough to give us a press code.

I bought this game yesterday and played it for about an hour or so.  It's a great game that really grabbed me immediately compared to other recent releases I've played this month. 

I look forward to reading your review. 

Adam Solo and company are great guys.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

Friendly reminder, the Matrix coupon is good for total purchase, not just one item. i picked up, FOG:empires, Aggressors Ancient Rome and the new Armored Brigade DLC  with mine.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

al_infierno

Glord of Fieldy: Pirems
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.