GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Old TImer on October 02, 2020, 02:03:35 PM

Title: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Old TImer on October 02, 2020, 02:03:35 PM
I've been playing a lot of "Grand Tactician-the Civil War".  Great game but not as great as it's going to be in a month or so.
The devs release a pretty major patch every week or so.  So I think I'm going to give it a rest for a month.

I've got my sights set on Total War - Three Kingdoms but dang it's pricey.  Does anybody have any thoughts
on this thing and does it ever go on sale?  The subject matter intrigues me.
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 02:44:13 PM
You should see some kind of discount on it at upcoming Steam sales. Also check out Green Man Gaming and Fanatical, I've seen it for sale on those two sites recently.
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Pete Dero on October 02, 2020, 03:07:47 PM
https://www.gamebillet.com/total-war-three-kingdoms : €36.79  (-33%) but only in EU.

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/9658/Total-War-THREE-KINGDOMS/   41.99 €

And if you trust Kinguin* : https://www.kinguin.net/category/77113/total-war-three-kingdoms-royal-edition-steam-cd-key +/- 19 €   (use code ALLKEYSHOP8 for -8% - that compensates the extra costs Kinguin charges)

*  so far I haven't had any issues with them
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Old TImer on October 02, 2020, 03:29:29 PM
Is the game any good is what I'm asking I guess.   :dreamer:
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: al_infierno on October 02, 2020, 04:08:17 PM
Seemed like any other TW game to me in the very short time I spent with it.  If you enjoy the formula, I don't see any reason not to spring for it.  Just don't expect a lot of unit variety, as I've heard that's one of the weaker aspects of this title.
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 04:56:32 PM
I haven't played it yet. BTW do not trust Kinguin...gray market at best.
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 05:09:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 04:56:32 PM
I haven't played it yet. BTW do not trust Kinguin...gray market at best.

I have yet to have any issues with any purchases with Kinguin:)
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
^Neither have I, for the few purchases I have made there. But there business practices are...questionable.
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 05:21:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
^Neither have I, for the few purchases I have made there. But there business practices are...questionable.

maybe, but all purchases have worked..everyone has to choose for themselves on whether a legit place but haven't lost and money yet:)
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Destraex on October 02, 2020, 07:35:28 PM
I do not own it either and will probably not purchase another total war game. I have the same opinion of the newer total war games as I do of squadrons. They are being strangled by the need to please the masses. Being turned into mindless hollywood, remove all wholesomeness and add explosions and stats kind of deals.
Title: Re: Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?
Post by: Old TImer on October 02, 2020, 11:49:23 PM
Thanks for the opinions.  I guess I'll wait for a super-sale.