Total War 3 Kingdoms thoughts?

Started by Old TImer, October 02, 2020, 02:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Old TImer

I've been playing a lot of "Grand Tactician-the Civil War".  Great game but not as great as it's going to be in a month or so.
The devs release a pretty major patch every week or so.  So I think I'm going to give it a rest for a month.

I've got my sights set on Total War - Three Kingdoms but dang it's pricey.  Does anybody have any thoughts
on this thing and does it ever go on sale?  The subject matter intrigues me.

Gusington

You should see some kind of discount on it at upcoming Steam sales. Also check out Green Man Gaming and Fanatical, I've seen it for sale on those two sites recently.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

#2
https://www.gamebillet.com/total-war-three-kingdoms : €36.79  (-33%) but only in EU.

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/9658/Total-War-THREE-KINGDOMS/   41.99 €

And if you trust Kinguin* : https://www.kinguin.net/category/77113/total-war-three-kingdoms-royal-edition-steam-cd-key +/- 19 €   (use code ALLKEYSHOP8 for -8% - that compensates the extra costs Kinguin charges)

*  so far I haven't had any issues with them

Old TImer

Is the game any good is what I'm asking I guess.   :dreamer:

al_infierno

Seemed like any other TW game to me in the very short time I spent with it.  If you enjoy the formula, I don't see any reason not to spring for it.  Just don't expect a lot of unit variety, as I've heard that's one of the weaker aspects of this title.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

I haven't played it yet. BTW do not trust Kinguin...gray market at best.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 04:56:32 PM
I haven't played it yet. BTW do not trust Kinguin...gray market at best.

I have yet to have any issues with any purchases with Kinguin:)

Gusington

^Neither have I, for the few purchases I have made there. But there business practices are...questionable.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
^Neither have I, for the few purchases I have made there. But there business practices are...questionable.

maybe, but all purchases have worked..everyone has to choose for themselves on whether a legit place but haven't lost and money yet:)

Destraex

I do not own it either and will probably not purchase another total war game. I have the same opinion of the newer total war games as I do of squadrons. They are being strangled by the need to please the masses. Being turned into mindless hollywood, remove all wholesomeness and add explosions and stats kind of deals.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Old TImer

Thanks for the opinions.  I guess I'll wait for a super-sale.