GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Anguille on October 14, 2022, 02:04:23 AM

Title: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Anguille on October 14, 2022, 02:04:23 AM


This weekend i plan to play:

- Imperiums: Greek Wars with the new DLC as the Samnites. Seems i have been the first player to take Rome with the Samnites!
- Horizon as the Kuntari, no wars yet.

Probably something else as well but we shall see, so many games in my library.  :crazy2:

Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: TitusGroen on October 14, 2022, 04:35:07 AM
I've heard so many people say that Imperiums: Greek Wars is fantastic with smart mechanics but the visuals seem so muddy for me. If it had some better contrast, I'd be in like a shot!
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Pete Dero on October 14, 2022, 05:58:54 AM
Quote from: TitusGroen on October 14, 2022, 04:35:07 AM
I've heard so many people say that Imperiums: Greek Wars is fantastic with smart mechanics but the visuals seem so muddy for me. If it had some better contrast, I'd be in like a shot!

Probably no gaming as I'm stuck with work.

Maybe just a bit of Terra Invicta.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Gusington on October 14, 2022, 07:27:04 AM
Finally got gaming time back, so I am going through the tutorials for Iratus: Lord of the Dead and it is awesome. Also returning to Age of Darkness and Diablo II: Resurrected. I got 3-4 hours into V Rising but I didn't like it as much as I hoped...I don't think I like survivor type games as much as I thought I would.

Also have Warhammer II (pirate vampire campaign) and Warhammer: Chaobane waiting in the wings.

For some less-dark fantasy there is also Enderal and Roadwarden awaiting.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on October 14, 2022, 11:39:50 AM
Playing Tree-Cutting, Pool-Clean-Up, and Fighting with Insurance Adjusters: The Take-No Prisoners Version. Have a great weekend Grogs.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on October 14, 2022, 04:12:24 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 14, 2022, 11:39:50 AM
Playing Tree-Cutting, Pool-Clean-Up, and Fighting with Insurance Adjusters: The Take-No Prisoners Version. Have a great weekend Grogs.



Looking at an assload of leaves and a main house waterline leak near the meter on my side of the responsibility line to deal with.  Time to youtube copper water line fixes.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: solops on October 14, 2022, 05:27:51 PM
Shadow Empire with the new terrain graphics by mroyer.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Destraex on October 14, 2022, 07:15:05 PM
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Playtest is going on apparently. I think you have to apply through steam so no telling if I might get a chance to try it. I have to admit that fatsharks last games (the vermintide series) were fun to begin with but I got bored with them fairly fast as the combat was repetitive and hordes are just not that interesting to fight against.
DCS: World - I tell you the Hornet radar is nuts, too much stuff spread out all over the consoles and too many buttons to press to set the thing up. Compared to the F16 you need to be a rocket scientist. Big update for DCS has been announced as well as the LA7... man their must be 20 new modules coming for DCS. It's crazy.
WARNO

Maybe some star citizens, Steel Division 2 or Age of Empires IV
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: MengJiao on October 14, 2022, 07:29:40 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 14, 2022, 07:15:05 PM
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Playtest is going on apparently. I think you have to apply through steam so no telling if I might get a chance to try it. I have to admit that fatsharks last games (the vermintide series) were fun to begin with but I got bored with them fairly fast as the combat was repetitive and hordes are just not that interesting to fight against.
DCS: World - I tell you the Hornet radar is nuts, too much stuff spread out all over the consoles and too many buttons to press to set the thing up. Compared to the F16 you need to be a rocket scientist. Big update for DCS has been announced as well as the LA7... man their must be 20 new modules coming for DCS. It's crazy.
WARNO

Maybe some star citizens, Steel Division 2 or Age of Empires IV

  I'll probably take some peeks at DCS world -- other than that -- boardgames
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Anguille on October 15, 2022, 04:17:05 AM
Quote from: TitusGroen on October 14, 2022, 04:35:07 AM
I've heard so many people say that Imperiums: Greek Wars is fantastic with smart mechanics but the visuals seem so muddy for me. If it had some better contrast, I'd be in like a shot!
Yeah, the game is not very pretty but it's really a cool game.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Gusington on October 15, 2022, 07:02:05 AM
^+1
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: nelmsm on October 15, 2022, 08:00:24 AM
Playtesting FCSS and some WDS and doing PBEM's.  When I just have a short time to play I have started a Japan '45 solo campaign.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Geezer on October 15, 2022, 08:19:39 AM
Cleaning the pool and dealing with a pile of paperwork.  Chiefs v Bills tomorrow.  Might have time for a little Terra Invicta.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: al_infierno on October 17, 2022, 12:38:18 AM
I rewatched The Big Sleep this Sunday night and damn... all I gotta say is, I really need to snag myself a woman with that Lauren Bacall sullen energy  :dreamer:
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Anguille on October 17, 2022, 02:34:27 AM
I ended up playing Horizon, Imperiums as planned as well as finishing the Ginghis campaign of Stronghold Warlords (finally!)
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Destraex on October 17, 2022, 03:00:00 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 17, 2022, 02:34:27 AM
I ended up playing Horizon, Imperiums as planned as well as finishing the Ginghis campaign of Stronghold Warlords (finally!)
I have stronghold warlords but have been playing AOEIV. I found stronghold warlords to be good fun but ended up just walking siege engines across the map.
AOEIV can be like ww1. I just played a 4 v 4 and the walls all over the map could have been trenches.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Anguille on October 17, 2022, 04:00:15 AM
Quote from: Destraex on October 17, 2022, 03:00:00 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 17, 2022, 02:34:27 AM
I ended up playing Horizon, Imperiums as planned as well as finishing the Ginghis campaign of Stronghold Warlords (finally!)
I have stronghold warlords but have been playing AOEIV. I found stronghold warlords to be good fun but ended up just walking siege engines across the map.
AOEIV can be like ww1. I just played a 4 v 4 and the walls all over the map could have been trenches.
I like the mood of Stronghold Warlords and i find it relaxing. But yeah, AOEIV is probably a superior product (don't have it yet, have to complete AOEIII first).
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Gusington on October 17, 2022, 09:19:06 AM
Iratus: Lord of the Dead is waaay better than I ever expected. If you like Darkest Dungeon you will love Iratus.
Title: Re: Stuck with Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on October 17, 2022, 09:43:53 AM
I got in a little time with Combat Mission: Red Thunder.  :smitten: