GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on February 24, 2023, 06:35:31 AM

Title: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Tripoli on February 24, 2023, 06:35:31 AM
PG&E, 1970.   Blues Rock with a touch of Gospel.

As far as gaming: I'll be doing BoC work, some playtesting in CMO, some Combat Mission, and messing around with Nuclear War Simulator.

Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2023, 07:23:32 AM
Kerbal Space Program 2, Atomic Heart, Company of Heroes 3, Spacebourne 2 and trying to figure out where I could possibly fit a full motion VR simulator in my house without overly offending the wife.

Enjoy.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Pete Dero on February 24, 2023, 07:42:02 AM
Playing Spacebourne 2
Adding mods to Kerbal Space Program 1 trying to make it look like kerbal Space Program 2.


Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: W8taminute on February 24, 2023, 08:32:51 AM
Good tune.  Yes I'm ready, waiting, & watching.  :peace:

I'll be playing:

Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Tripoli on February 24, 2023, 09:21:04 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2023, 07:23:32 AM....trying to figure out where I could possibly fit a full motion VR simulator in my house without overly offending the wife.

Enjoy.

If you were trying to do that in a D&D game, that would require a roll a "2" on a 2D6.   :laugh:
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Gusington on February 24, 2023, 09:36:16 AM
God of War (PC), digitally fondling a purchase of Shields of Loyalty (and perhaps Archon Classic as well), with Crusader Kings III, King Arthur Knight's Tale, Total War: Thrones of Britannia and Hellblade (VR) all loitering with intent.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: CaptainKoloth on February 24, 2023, 09:59:37 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on February 24, 2023, 09:21:04 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2023, 07:23:32 AM....trying to figure out where I could possibly fit a full motion VR simulator in my house without overly offending the wife.

Enjoy.

If you were trying to do that in a D&D game, that would require a roll a "2" on a 2D6.   :laugh:

I'm very lucky, I have my mancave and as long as the stuff fits in there she just takes the attitude "I don't know what the hell you do down there" and pays no attention  :grin:
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2023, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on February 24, 2023, 09:59:37 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on February 24, 2023, 09:21:04 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2023, 07:23:32 AM....trying to figure out where I could possibly fit a full motion VR simulator in my house without overly offending the wife.

Enjoy.

If you were trying to do that in a D&D game, that would require a roll a "2" on a 2D6.   :laugh:

I'm very lucky, I have my mancave and as long as the stuff fits in there she just takes the attitude "I don't know what the hell you do down there" and pays no attention  :grin:

That's the problem. I have a substantial mancave of my own, as well, but its starting to overflow.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: nelmsm on February 24, 2023, 11:26:29 AM
Probably spend today doing PBEM games and then this evening another patrol in my Skies Above Britain campaign.  You can see the AAR in the Tabletop AAR section.  Maybe some Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital if I can squeeze it in before off to see the girlfriend for the weekend.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Sir Slash on February 24, 2023, 11:43:34 AM
My Wife is very understanding. She understands I have a problem, she understands she cannot change it, and she understands she can't understand it. The trick here is to mis-direct. "Honey, there's a great new 3 hour SciFi movie out at the theater. Want to go see it in 3-D"? After the, 'Hell-No' answer, "OK Then. I'll just go play on the computer instead". Game, Set, and Match. It's Miller Time.  :beermug[1]:

I'll be working on my Second Front skills if I get the chance. How did Monty ever win at El Alamein without an Advance Phase? Have a great weekend Grogs.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Groggy on February 24, 2023, 11:53:43 AM
Probably no gaming for me this weekend. I'll be too busy navigating through Potential Home Purchase Simulator 2023. Take it easy and wish me luck chaps!
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: devoncop on February 24, 2023, 12:30:54 PM
More Pathfinder War of the Righteous this weekend to recover from 4 hours of hell trying to put a flat pack metal bed together with my beloved whose idea of being patient involves a maximum timespan of 10 minutes from delivery to completion.

A month in Room 101 would have been a breeze in comparison  :hair:
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Gusington on February 24, 2023, 01:00:33 PM
^Pfft going on month 5 here of construction of a '3-season room' that was supposed to be done in 6 weeks  :grumpy:
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: devoncop on February 24, 2023, 02:23:16 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 24, 2023, 01:00:33 PM^Pfft going on month 5 here of construction of a '3-season room' that was supposed to be done in 6 weeks  :grumpy:


A moment's silence for Gus......

Never mind the depravity of your current life, my mind shudders at whatever you must have got up to in your previous one to have been subjected to 5 months of DIY in this one. :nono2:

Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Tripoli on February 24, 2023, 02:31:34 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 24, 2023, 01:00:33 PM^Pfft going on month 5 here of construction of a '3-season room' that was supposed to be done in 6 weeks  :grumpy:
Trust me, the room will be worth it when you are finished.  We have one on my house.  We should have put it on the house 15 years earlier. 
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Gusington on February 24, 2023, 03:04:54 PM
^I am putting my trust in you. All of you. If I go silent...you'll know why.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Sir Slash on February 24, 2023, 03:08:47 PM
I think it depends which 3 Seasons you get to use it for. My pick would be, Football Season, Baseball Season, and Drinking Season of which, all 3 are interchangeable.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Gusington on February 24, 2023, 04:00:37 PM
That I get to use it for?  :ROFL: I have my own summer spot where I get a folding chair and a beer and I'm good  :beermug[1]:
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: solops on February 24, 2023, 05:51:52 PM
Master of Magic
Possibly Shadow Empire and UA Dreadnoughts
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Toonces on February 25, 2023, 10:25:20 AM
I finally figured out how to install Google Play on my Kindle and downloaded Carrier Battles 4: Guadalcanal (called Pacific War in Google speak).  Man alive, I don't know how the US won a single carrier battle.  Fletcher was a better Admiral than me.  I got freaking man-handled in the Guadalcanal single battle.  Might try a replay on the PC version later.

Also getting back into CMO and Cold Waters.  The usual stuff.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 25, 2023, 02:53:40 PM
Getting into (slowly) Hunt:Showdown which is a unique PVE/PVP mashup with an "alternate West," kinda feel, and Wreckfest is always on the menu.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Fetrik on February 26, 2023, 06:06:05 AM
I started a new Valheim run this week. This weekend has been devoted to Dominions 5 sp as Lanka.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Destraex on February 26, 2023, 07:43:54 AM
A little WARNO, COH3 and AOEIV. Nothing too heavy really. Some light fun with the lads.
Got invited to play some DCS but damn if I have not been waiting for COH3 too long.
(https://i.imgur.com/1wHK4Xg.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/bpM3Emu.png)
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: W8taminute on February 27, 2023, 02:17:27 PM
If life itself was turn based I would be a fairly competent military commander.  Although I love the COH series I'm hesitant to get the new one despite all the encouraging videos I've seen.

So Des, is the gameplay hectic and twitchy? 
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Sir Slash on February 27, 2023, 11:02:26 PM
If they ever come-out with, 'Company of Cowards', that'll be my game.
Title: Re: Are You FRIDAY?
Post by: Destraex on February 28, 2023, 07:38:21 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 27, 2023, 02:17:27 PMIf life itself was turn based I would be a fairly competent military commander.  Although I love the COH series I'm hesitant to get the new one despite all the encouraging videos I've seen.

So Des, is the gameplay hectic and twitchy? 
It has a pausable order feature I think? The campaign is not hectic (so far) but the skirmishes certainly are.