https://www.slitherine.com/news/embark-on-a-faith-filled-journey-with-field-of-glory-kingdoms
"...
Get ready to dive into the exciting world of Field of Glory: Kingdoms. This is the latest addition to our popular Field of Glory franchise, from veteran development studio AGEOD.
Field of Glory: Kingdoms takes you on an epic journey through the Middle-Ages historical period, just after the Great Schism between the Orthodox and Catholic Christians. Players will experience more than two centuries of European, African, and Middle Eastern history in a WEGO turn-based strategy game that promises to be both challenging and enjoyable.
One of Kingdoms new major features is the introduction of religions. Each nation and population can be of one of the Abrahamic religions, pagan, or even heretic, and this can be a determining factor for your nation and your relations with others.
Indeed, having a neighbor of a different religion will create tensions and sometimes wars. Some rulers were tolerant, but this was more an exception than the norm.
In particular, Christianity and Islam will often clash, as they both claim the Holy City of Jerusalem. When the imbalance is too strong, diplomacy will take a backseat, as a Crusade or a Jihad will be declared! Should this happen, expect several nations to join together against the "heathens" (that is, anyone not of their faith).
These power blocs can be quite formidable and very strong opponents. Pagans, having drawn the short straw, will be equally despised by all religions of the Book.
But that's not all, as heretics can appear if you lack faith in some of your regions. If you don't put them in check, they will spread their twisted faith while shortening the lifespan of your clergy social class.
Christian nations can be backed by several Holy Orders, which will help them in case of conflict. The fact they get richer and more powerful over time is probably a coincidence of no importance for you the King.
Rest assured, following a religion is also providing ample benefits, like a more docile population, plus extra Legacy Points, the measure of victory!
We cannot wait for you to immerse yourself in the game, and we are confident that you will love Field of Glory: Kingdoms as much as we do.
Stay tuned for more updates."
Note from Tripoli: Stop slobbering, Gus...... ] :grin:
Hard to tell right now if this game will be, 'Slobbering Equivalent' or just, 'Drool-Worthy'. Looking forward to seeing & hearing more.
Oh God....another "must buy"
Make that 3 on the list !
Sounds really good.
:RockOn: I'll slobber when and where it's necessary.
I was able to read that email earlier this morning since I am working from home - but was saddened to still see no release date.
Is it too much to hope for a 2023 release now that it is almost May?
What struck me is that it is WEGO....
I am sure Field of Glory Empires was IGOUGO but maybe I am just more doolally than ever.
More wut?
Quote from: Gusington on April 21, 2023, 12:31:35 PMMore wut?
It's a relic of the British Empire.....the term originates from the garrison town of Deolali which as well as having a British garrison also boasted a large mental asylum from which soldiers who had become deranged after contracting fevers were sent back to the UK......They were said to have gone doolally :idiot2:
Don't say I never spread my cultural knowledge to the colonials :grin:
Sounds like a match made in heaven.
Quote from: devoncop on April 21, 2023, 12:00:25 PMWhat struck me is that it is WEGO....
I've played 590 hours of FoG:Emp and I can't recall clearly. Huh... ...but what I do recall is WEGO. You plot your moves, turn in your turn (if you're playing asynch mp), and all moves resolve together.
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 21, 2023, 03:09:18 PMQuote from: devoncop on April 21, 2023, 12:00:25 PMWhat struck me is that it is WEGO....
I've played 590 hours of FoG:Emp and I can't recall clearly. Huh... ...but what I do recall is WEGO. You plot your moves, turn in your turn (if you're playing asynch mp), and all moves resolve together.
Yep ! I have gone Doolally :ThumbsUp:
Well, this is freaking glorious.
Who needs Medieval Total War III? (Well, I still do but this will work)
Well, yeah, the cinematic battles are pretty nice! -- of course Kingdoms can export fights to the turn-based FoG2 engine, which is super-great in its own way but sure takes a lot longer to play.
Yeah, I'm very fond of the export feature. The length doesn't bother me in the turn based format.
Using Field of Glory II for battles may not look as good or be as quick as Total War but it feels nice to actually use some real tactics rather than some of the TW Mosh Pits.
Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 21, 2023, 08:47:29 PMYeah, I'm very fond of the export feature. The length doesn't bother me in the turn based format.
Using Field of Glory II for battles may not look as good or be as quick as Total War but it feels nice to actually use some real tactics rather than some of the TW Mosh Pits.
+1
I still need Medieval Total War III! And at the risk of a traditional thread derail, there have been more rumblings about it's imminent development and release in the past few weeks btw.
Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2023, 02:12:53 PMI still need Medieval Total War III! And at the risk of a traditional thread derail, there have been more rumblings about it's imminent development and release in the past few weeks btw.
Oh really?
And yes, the best case scenario is that we get both.
Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2023, 02:12:53 PMI still need Medieval Total War III! And at the risk of a traditional thread derail, there have been more rumblings about it's imminent development and release in the past few weeks btw.
If it is done at the pace, style and depth of Medieval 2 I am 100% with you. If it is like Troy....forget it.
I tried to like Troy and even just yesterday re-installed it to try again now that I am on an ancients kick so...we'll see. It was more the time period and subject matter than the game mechanics itself that were off-putting to me.
As far as Medieval III being similar to Medieval II...we can only hope.
Which brings me back to praying to the gaming gods to find out when FoG: Kingdoms will be released :)
I hope this one does sieges. I really do. I'm optimistic though.
Have they given us a release timeframe / date?
'Coming Soon' :huh:
I still don't get how to play with the decadence feature in Empires and so far i've barely played the first game. Does this also have decadence or something similar?
Saw developer indicate release will happen in June.
^Got a link?
Will it be early access or full release?
Doesn't mention early access so assume full.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1985050/discussions/0/4355618325409831266/
Thanks I'm looking at the Steam page right now. This has been a must buy for me for years. That said, the trailer is not really setting my world on fire.
First game didn't click with me even though I liked the subject matter. This might be the same for me.
Yeah it was a little bland for me as well. Hoping for upgrades and improvements here.
Same here. Don't believe i'll get the new one unless there's a big discount. I should first learn how to play the first game.
Anguille, I'm in the same boat.
We have a release date! June 4th!
Looking forward to seeing Dastactic's coverage of this one up to launch. Specifically how good is the diplomacy and the AI generally.
Day one pickup...please don't suck!
Quote from: Gusington on May 07, 2024, 04:58:42 PMDay one pickup...please don't suck!
Ditto. :Dreamer:
Got an invite to test it a few months ago, notice it appears{?} the game is still in my Steam library. Would be cool if they gave testers a free copy but not counting on it.
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on May 08, 2024, 11:30:11 PMGot an invite to test it a few months ago, notice it appears{?} the game is still in my Steam library. Would be cool if they gave testers a free copy but not counting on it.
Not sure if changed or dependent on the developer, but testing for Matrix/Slitherine, don't believe I ever got a free game after testing, although I think in most cases did get a decent discount.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 09, 2024, 05:37:43 AMQuote from: AchillesLastStand on May 08, 2024, 11:30:11 PMGot an invite to test it a few months ago, notice it appears{?} the game is still in my Steam library. Would be cool if they gave testers a free copy but not counting on it.
Not sure if changed or dependent on the developer, but testing for Matrix/Slitherine, don't believe I ever got a free game after testing, although I think in most cases did get a decent discount.
Matrix used to give free copies. In fact they sent me two boxed copies of Gary Grisby's War Between the States for being a beta tester.
Quote from: Senex on May 10, 2024, 09:59:14 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on May 09, 2024, 05:37:43 AMQuote from: AchillesLastStand on May 08, 2024, 11:30:11 PMGot an invite to test it a few months ago, notice it appears{?} the game is still in my Steam library. Would be cool if they gave testers a free copy but not counting on it.
Not sure if changed or dependent on the developer, but testing for Matrix/Slitherine, don't believe I ever got a free game after testing, although I think in most cases did get a decent discount.
Matrix used to give free copies. In fact they sent me two boxed copies of Gary Grisby's War Between the States for being a beta tester.
As mentioned, likely depended on the product you were testing, I for sure tested many games that I only received a discount, not a free game.
Only a few days until release, until then enjoy 300+ page manual to start understanding it all:)
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1985050/manuals/FOG_Kingdoms_Manual_EBOOK.pdf?t=1717061959
I've got a quick/dirty impressions post, hoping to get it posted just before release :ThumbsUp:
I've been practicing with a Saba campaign during the Persian period of the first game. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2024, 10:01:01 AMI've got a quick/dirty impressions post, hoping to get it posted just before release :ThumbsUp:
Need you to provide that preview tonight so I can decide whether to buy tomorrow, although I suspect you will have positive things to say:)
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 03, 2024, 05:07:21 PMQuote from: Gusington on May 31, 2024, 10:01:01 AMI've got a quick/dirty impressions post, hoping to get it posted just before release :ThumbsUp:
Need you to provide that preview tonight so I can decide whether to buy tomorrow, although I suspect you will have positive things to say:)
I'd just buy without waiting for the reviews. Much more efficient that way.... :laugh:
Quote from: Tripoli on June 03, 2024, 05:21:36 PMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on June 03, 2024, 05:07:21 PMQuote from: Gusington on May 31, 2024, 10:01:01 AMI've got a quick/dirty impressions post, hoping to get it posted just before release :ThumbsUp:
Need you to provide that preview tonight so I can decide whether to buy tomorrow, although I suspect you will have positive things to say:)
I'd just buy without waiting for the reviews. Much more efficient that way.... :laugh:
All depends on the price point, since their prior version is still $39.99, wondering if this will be in the $44-$49 range or the same. Time will tell.
Well it's just very early impressions from a few hours futzing around with the knobs and dials, and the tutorial. Like FoG: Empires, it is dangerously deep. I'll save the rest for the write-up.
Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2024, 08:24:11 PMWell it's just very early impressions from a few hours futzing around with the knobs and dials, and the tutorial. Like FoG: Empires, it is dangerously deep. I'll save the rest for the write-up.
Believe game release is around 10am eastern time so you have five hours to release it:) just kidding, with a game this big, I would suspect requiring a lot of time with it to really provide purchase decision making information. I'll probably troll around the Steam forum and any videos to make final decision. One quick video on gameplay I found. I do wish they would have directly included the Field of Glory battles in the game versus the import/export process but I understand they are different developers.
For some reason I wouldn't be surprised to see a $49.99 price tag possibly with a launch discount and that might be at the top of my price point as the prior version didn't click with me. Luckily I will be at work during the launch so will have some time to decide anyway.
Clearly I have been working too hard at my regular job...I thought the 4th was this Thursday :shocked:
So...gimme some more time...like another day or two...and the impressions piece will be in.
My bad!
Jesus I'm getting old.
Is Field of Glory: KINGDOMS the right game for YOU ?
Release in one hour.
Released and only 39.99, so will make for an interesting decision
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 04, 2024, 10:18:45 AMReleased and only 39.99, so will make for an interesting decision
Look for Field of Glory II Medieval - Masters Edition and get 25% off (29.24 for me on Steam)
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/41870/Field_of_Glory_II_Medieval__Masters_Edition/
https://www.matrixgames.com/bundle/field-of-glory-ii-medieval-masters-edition
My first impressions are in to The Man now (JH). Looking forward to doing more faction specific AARs over the summer :tophat:
Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2024, 08:23:10 AMClearly I have been working too hard at my regular job...I thought the 4th was this Thursday :shocked:
So...gimme some more time...like another day or two...and the impressions piece will be in.
My bad!
Jesus I'm getting old.
If it's any consolation there's a house down the street with American bunting outside who also clearly think it's the 4th - they even got the month wrong
:Dreamer: hahaha
fanatical and greenmangaming have 20% discount :Party:
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 04, 2024, 10:34:41 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on June 04, 2024, 10:18:45 AMReleased and only 39.99, so will make for an interesting decision
Look for Field of Glory II Medieval - Masters Edition and get 25% off (29.24 for me on Steam)
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/41870/Field_of_Glory_II_Medieval__Masters_Edition/
https://www.matrixgames.com/bundle/field-of-glory-ii-medieval-masters-edition
Since I own FoG2 I took this option, although my dwindling brain doesn't understand why they should offer me this deal...
Sweet. When it comes to pre-firearms, medieval times are my jam. I'll definitely pick this one up.
I'm really enjoying it so far. The medieval ambiance is great and it is a lot more fleshed out than FOGE. And a lot more detail. For day one I am very impressed...
Quote from: Tanaka on June 05, 2024, 01:14:21 AMI'm really enjoying it so far. The medieval ambiance is great and it is a lot more fleshed out than FOGE. And a lot more detail. For day one I am very impressed...
Thanks for those impressions sir.
Picking it up today. Very excited to play it as I sunk a lot of hours into Empires.
I am fortunate in that. I have an anniversary coupon, and it's 50% off so lucky me. :ThumbsUp:
Just that my Saab needed an oil change and a much needed AC recharge, and this weekend is payday so I am lucky in the timing.
I'm planning to get it. I plan on getting a the last two FOG DLCs to finish off both Field of Glory II and Medieval. (Sublime Porte and Swifter Than Eagles)
Quote from: CJReich46 on June 05, 2024, 01:54:53 PMI am fortunate in that. I have an anniversary coupon, and it's 50% off so lucky me. :ThumbsUp:
Just that my Saab needed an oil change and a much needed AC recharge, and this weekend is payday so I am lucky in the timing.
I'm planning to get it. I plan on getting a the last two FOG DLCs to finish off both Field of Glory II and Medieval. (Sublime Porte and Swifter Than Eagles)
Fanatical still has their table top bundle going. You may be able to get the DLCs cheaper than Matrix if you want to purchase a minimum of 4.
Quote from: WYBaugh on June 05, 2024, 02:36:03 PMQuote from: CJReich46 on June 05, 2024, 01:54:53 PMI am fortunate in that. I have an anniversary coupon, and it's 50% off so lucky me. :ThumbsUp:
Just that my Saab needed an oil change and a much needed AC recharge, and this weekend is payday so I am lucky in the timing.
I'm planning to get it. I plan on getting a the last two FOG DLCs to finish off both Field of Glory II and Medieval. (Sublime Porte and Swifter Than Eagles)
Fanatical still has their table top bundle going. You may be able to get the DLCs cheaper than Matrix if you want to purchase a minimum of 4.
Thanks. I was beta tester on both FOG II and Medieval - I just have to get the last two DLC. So I'm thinking I might grab them with Kingdoms with my anniversary coupon.
Those two DLCs with your 50% off coupon are $10.11. The Fanatical offer is 4 games for $10, and offers more than just FoG. You should at least take a look at the Fanatical bundle.
It's the "Build your own Tabletop Wargame Bundle."
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 04, 2024, 01:18:26 PMQuote from: Gusington on June 04, 2024, 08:23:10 AMClearly I have been working too hard at my regular job...I thought the 4th was this Thursday :shocked:
So...gimme some more time...like another day or two...and the impressions piece will be in.
My bad!
Jesus I'm getting old.
If it's any consolation there's a house down the street with American bunting outside who also clearly think it's the 4th - they even got the month wrong
Flag Day is just next week. Maybe that's it.