Field of Glory: Kingdoms description

Started by Tripoli, April 21, 2023, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Well it's just very early impressions from a few hours futzing around with the knobs and dials, and the tutorial. Like FoG: Empires, it is dangerously deep. I'll save the rest for the write-up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

#46
Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2024, 08:24:11 PMWell it's just very early impressions from a few hours futzing around with the knobs and dials, and the tutorial. Like FoG: Empires, it is dangerously deep. I'll save the rest for the write-up.

Believe game release is around 10am eastern time so you have five hours to release it:) just kidding, with a game this big, I would suspect requiring a lot of time with it to really provide purchase decision making information.  I'll probably troll around the Steam forum and any videos to make final decision.  One quick video on gameplay I found.  I do wish they would have directly included the Field of Glory battles in the game versus the import/export process but I understand they are different developers.


For some reason I wouldn't be surprised to see a $49.99 price tag possibly with a launch discount and that might be at the top of my price point as the prior version didn't click with me.  Luckily I will be at work during the launch so will have some time to decide anyway.

Gusington

Clearly I have been working too hard at my regular job...I thought the 4th was this Thursday  :shocked:

So...gimme some more time...like another day or two...and the impressions piece will be in.

My bad!

Jesus I'm getting old.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Is Field of Glory: KINGDOMS the right game for YOU ?



Release in one hour.

Grim.Reaper

Released and only 39.99, so will make for an interesting decision

Pete Dero


Gusington

My first impressions are in to The Man now (JH). Looking forward to doing more faction specific AARs over the summer  :tophat:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2024, 08:23:10 AMClearly I have been working too hard at my regular job...I thought the 4th was this Thursday  :shocked:

So...gimme some more time...like another day or two...and the impressions piece will be in.

My bad!

Jesus I'm getting old.

If it's any consolation there's a house down the street with American bunting outside who also clearly think it's the 4th - they even got the month wrong

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CptHowdy

fanatical and greenmangaming have 20% discount  :Party:

Father Ted

Quote from: Pete Dero on June 04, 2024, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 04, 2024, 10:18:45 AMReleased and only 39.99, so will make for an interesting decision

Look for Field of Glory II Medieval - Masters Edition and get 25% off      (29.24 for me on Steam)

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/41870/Field_of_Glory_II_Medieval__Masters_Edition/
https://www.matrixgames.com/bundle/field-of-glory-ii-medieval-masters-edition

Since I own FoG2 I took this option, although my dwindling brain doesn't understand why they should offer me this deal...

al_infierno

Sweet. When it comes to pre-firearms, medieval times are my jam.  I'll definitely pick this one up.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Tanaka

I'm really enjoying it so far. The medieval ambiance is great and it is a lot more fleshed out than FOGE. And a lot more detail. For day one I am very impressed...

devoncop

Quote from: Tanaka on June 05, 2024, 01:14:21 AMI'm really enjoying it so far. The medieval ambiance is great and it is a lot more fleshed out than FOGE. And a lot more detail. For day one I am very impressed...

Thanks for those impressions sir.

Picking it up today. Very excited to play it as I sunk a lot of hours into Empires.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

CJReich46

I am fortunate in that. I have an anniversary coupon, and it's 50% off so lucky me.  :ThumbsUp:

Just that my Saab needed an oil change and a much needed AC recharge, and this weekend is payday so I am lucky in the timing.

I'm planning to get it. I plan on getting a the last two  FOG DLCs to finish off both Field of Glory II and Medieval. (Sublime Porte and Swifter Than Eagles)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose