GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: steve58 on November 20, 2023, 03:57:17 PM

Title: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: steve58 on November 20, 2023, 03:57:17 PM
Starts tomorrow.  Starfield is supposed to be discounted.   Starts ~1pm ET.

Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Gusington on November 20, 2023, 04:08:57 PM
Forgot all about this. Thank you!

*wallet screams*
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Pete Dero on November 20, 2023, 05:04:43 PM
Quote from: steve58 on November 20, 2023, 03:57:17 PMStarfield is supposed to be discounted.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/starfield  -25%
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: CJReich46 on November 21, 2023, 03:12:09 AM
*wallet screams*
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 21, 2023, 03:29:43 AM
One more sale coming after the autumn sale....not a real big deal for me as I can't recall the last steam sale that really had anything cheap that you can't get in periodic other sales or something I don't already have.

Autumn Sale: November 21 - 28 (major seasonal sale)
Winter Sale: December 21 - January 4, 2024 (major seasonal sale)
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: W8taminute on November 21, 2023, 08:26:04 AM
I'll keep my eyes open but I'm with Grim.   :peace:
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: steve58 on November 21, 2023, 01:14:15 PM
Sale looking pretty anemic.  Gone are the days of a really good Steam sale. 
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: jamus34 on November 21, 2023, 02:01:34 PM
One or two items are at a price point that I consider attractive otherwise my backlog looms
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Gusington on November 21, 2023, 02:51:09 PM
My backlog is always looming and spoiling my fun. Stupid backlog.

 :emporerslightning:
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Geezer on November 21, 2023, 03:14:01 PM
Party Elite has some recommendations:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHAFphTUnSk
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Redwolf on November 21, 2023, 03:16:10 PM
DCS planes are only 50% off, not 60% like in the second to last sale.

My life is ruined.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: CptHowdy on November 21, 2023, 04:05:01 PM
have finally gotten around to picking up cyberpunk 2077 and its dlc. also picked up a game called football coach: college dynasty. nice little game if you are into college football and like building a program through recruiting.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2023, 07:42:43 AM
If history is correct, I assume we are likely to see Matrix holiday sale start today, although hasn't been any mention.  Regardless, likely not a lot for me to pick up there either as I don't think these has been many major releases this year, that I haven't already picked up.

It's sad when these sales start to get boring, I remember the days when I was much more excited for these things:(

EDIT: It is now live.

https://www.matrixgames.com/inventory/special
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: nelmsm on November 22, 2023, 11:14:56 AM
Well I picked up Farthest Frontier.  Not that I'll probably play it much but I just felt compelled to.  LOL  I think between computer and board war games I have an addiction!
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Gusington on November 22, 2023, 02:52:36 PM
I am loitering with intent around Total Tank Generals and Omerta City of Gangsters gold edition.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: SirAndrewD on November 22, 2023, 03:05:25 PM
Still haven't found the one that will make a liar out of my usual "I'll be skipping this sale" BS.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Gusington on November 22, 2023, 03:06:33 PM
It's very early.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Geezer on November 22, 2023, 05:30:41 PM
Picked up a DLC for X4 and a couple for Sins.  Bought SGS Stalingrad.  Waffling on Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Destraex on November 28, 2023, 08:39:39 PM
Finally got squad as it was finally 50% off and had been on my list for two years. But that was all.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Gusington on November 28, 2023, 08:55:26 PM
I ultimately bought nothing as part of the sale  :judge:
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: CJReich46 on November 29, 2023, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2023, 08:55:26 PMI ultimately bought nothing as part of the sale  :judge:

Same.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Gusington on November 29, 2023, 11:54:36 AM
Ironically now that the sale is over I am about to buy Combat Mission Red Thunder, as there is a Battlefront sale going on right now.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: steve58 on November 29, 2023, 12:31:59 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on November 29, 2023, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2023, 08:55:26 PMI ultimately bought nothing as part of the sale  :judge:

Same.

ditto
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 29, 2023, 06:30:03 PM
Me neither. 
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Tripoli on November 29, 2023, 07:06:56 PM
With the money I saved by not going to Ridley Scott's Napoleon movie, I purchased "War and Peace" in early access.  I bought the original boardgame when it first came out, so this is more of a nostalgia move on my part....
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: jamus34 on November 30, 2023, 10:29:18 AM
I did not partake in this sale either. Mainly due to the knowledge that the winter sale is only 4 weeks away.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: W8taminute on November 30, 2023, 10:31:14 AM
Didn't buy anything either.  Will wait for the Winter Sale.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Redwolf on November 30, 2023, 01:22:17 PM
They got me on some DCS stuff, as usual. Regular games - NIL.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: JasonPratt on December 01, 2023, 08:16:40 AM
Bah. I'm not where I can check atm, but I think I bought around 20 things. Mostly cheap. Will provide a list later.

(Which means aside from my Matrix super-coupon stack, I probably won't be buying anything on the winter sales.)

("Probably" in Dr. Evil fingerquotes.)
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: JasonPratt on December 04, 2023, 09:12:43 AM
Well, sanity sort of kicked in, so this morning since I was up early to put lights out on the shrubs while the weather's still good, I procrastinated getting out early to etc. in order to refund the following list (still to be put on my wishlist tho)...

Jurassic World Evolution 2 with its DLC
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Complete (the slightly updated version which can run on Steam with modern Windows)
Gallic Wars: Violens Analis (a sort of visual novel from Japan or China about dealing with the Roman invasion of Britain)
Merchant of the Six Kingdoms
BIGFOOT (a game I've wanted to play for years, but probably need friends for to keep from noping out uselessly like an arrant coward {g})
The Leviathan's Fantasy (very imaginative Rimworld style game, in the 'cultivator' subgenre)
Relapse
Remnant from the Ashes
1971: Indian Naval Front
Oxygen

a few DLC (like for Battlesector)

I kept AoW:Planetfall (for now, since I'm multiplaying it, but I don't know how much I'll end up liking it) and Rome Total War Remastered (because I'm a terrible TW fanboy). I think I also kept Lethal Company, though I may end up refunding it, too, until the devs cook it longer.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Redwolf on December 04, 2023, 09:38:37 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 04, 2023, 09:12:43 AM1971: Indian Naval Front

Let us know how this one turns out.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: Toonces on December 04, 2023, 11:59:20 AM
^ I just saw that game after reading Jason's post.  Looks neat.  I'd love to hear some impressions.
Title: Re: Steam Autumn Sale 2023
Post by: JasonPratt on December 14, 2023, 01:57:28 PM
Well, I posted that I refunded it before I played it, as part of my refund-list-to-attempt-something-approaching-fiscal-sanity-or-whatever. {g}

So I haven't played it, but it still looks interesting. Like a spiritual followup to the Battlestations Pacific duology.