Steam Autumn Sale 2023

Started by steve58, November 20, 2023, 03:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirAndrewD

Still haven't found the one that will make a liar out of my usual "I'll be skipping this sale" BS.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Picked up a DLC for X4 and a couple for Sins.  Bought SGS Stalingrad.  Waffling on Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Destraex

#18
Finally got squad as it was finally 50% off and had been on my list for two years. But that was all.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I ultimately bought nothing as part of the sale  :judge:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Ironically now that the sale is over I am about to buy Combat Mission Red Thunder, as there is a Battlefront sale going on right now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot


Tripoli

With the money I saved by not going to Ridley Scott's Napoleon movie, I purchased "War and Peace" in early access.  I bought the original boardgame when it first came out, so this is more of a nostalgia move on my part....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

jamus34

I did not partake in this sale either. Mainly due to the knowledge that the winter sale is only 4 weeks away.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Didn't buy anything either.  Will wait for the Winter Sale.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Redwolf

They got me on some DCS stuff, as usual. Regular games - NIL.

JasonPratt

Bah. I'm not where I can check atm, but I think I bought around 20 things. Mostly cheap. Will provide a list later.

(Which means aside from my Matrix super-coupon stack, I probably won't be buying anything on the winter sales.)

("Probably" in Dr. Evil fingerquotes.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Well, sanity sort of kicked in, so this morning since I was up early to put lights out on the shrubs while the weather's still good, I procrastinated getting out early to etc. in order to refund the following list (still to be put on my wishlist tho)...

Jurassic World Evolution 2 with its DLC
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Complete (the slightly updated version which can run on Steam with modern Windows)
Gallic Wars: Violens Analis (a sort of visual novel from Japan or China about dealing with the Roman invasion of Britain)
Merchant of the Six Kingdoms
BIGFOOT (a game I've wanted to play for years, but probably need friends for to keep from noping out uselessly like an arrant coward {g})
The Leviathan's Fantasy (very imaginative Rimworld style game, in the 'cultivator' subgenre)
Relapse
Remnant from the Ashes
1971: Indian Naval Front
Oxygen

a few DLC (like for Battlesector)

I kept AoW:Planetfall (for now, since I'm multiplaying it, but I don't know how much I'll end up liking it) and Rome Total War Remastered (because I'm a terrible TW fanboy). I think I also kept Lethal Company, though I may end up refunding it, too, until the devs cook it longer.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!