Your faith in humanity.
A girl and her mom found $4000 in cash plus some rings and an ID card. They turned it into police.
QuoteJacobson says her daughter, who started third grade on Tuesday, never expected any reward for turning in the cash. "Her teacher told the class about it on the first day of school and the other students clapped," She says. "That was very nice for her." However, mom says that when a reporter recently pressed Abbie on what she would do with $4,000, she hesitated then gushed, "see a Justin Bieber concert." A few days ago, the forces of karma delivered: Abbie, her parents, and her older brother and sister learned they will be attending the sold-out show in Boston on November 10.
Source: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/maine-girl-returns-lost-money-gains-awesome-reward-192000010.html
Sad that this kind of behaviour is now considered unusual enough that it requires reporting.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2012, 09:32:50 PM
Sad that this kind of behaviour is now considered unusual enough that it requires reporting.
What he said.
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
Maybe he will wear his Sons of Anarchy jacket again and get his ass kicked by both real bikers AND the Marines. Now that....that I would pay to see.
Quote from: Steelgrave on September 05, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
Maybe he will wear his Sons of Anarchy jacket again and get his ass kicked by both real bikers AND the Marines. Now that....that I would pay to see.
Tell me that didn't happen a first time?!
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
I'd give the guy a pass. He's Canadian. Perhaps our esteemed northern friends can shed light on the founding of the Canadian Marines. All I found was a Canadian Commando Regiment founded in 2006 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Commando_Regiment
Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2012, 10:23:36 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on September 05, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
Maybe he will wear his Sons of Anarchy jacket again and get his ass kicked by both real bikers AND the Marines. Now that....that I would pay to see.
Tell me that didn't happen a first time?!
After Beiber wore a Sons jacket on TV and in a couple of appearances, there was a story that his doing so had angered real Angels and that he was threatened. To my knowledge it was never confirmed but one can only hope it's true.
why does JH know the kids concert schedule?
Quote from: LongBlade on September 05, 2012, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
I'd give the guy a pass. He's Canadian. Perhaps our esteemed northern friends can shed light on the founding of the Canadian Marines. All I found was a Canadian Commando Regiment founded in 2006 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Commando_Regiment
There is no Marine Corps in Canada. There are no amphibious assault ships. The Royal Canadian Navy has no infantry. There are no overseas, littoral territories to protect.
What about all those ocean side Miami condos? Their Canadian owners need to know the Motherland cares for them too. Just a few off shore passes per week by a gunboat flying the Maple Leaf would go a long way...
Quote from: Centurion40 on September 06, 2012, 07:46:00 AM
There is no Marine Corps in Canada. There are no amphibious assault ships. The Royal Canadian Navy has no infantry. There are no overseas, littoral territories to protect.
Interesting. I just figured anyone with a Navy would have Marines. Clearly I was mistaken.
Canada has lumberjacks. They don't need Marines.
And with that, this thread is sufficiently derailed :)
(as all threads with the mention of Justin Bieber should be)
And now for something completely different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo
Quote from: besilarius on September 06, 2012, 08:30:52 AM
And now for something completely different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo
I wish I had a choir of RCMPs would could follow me around and be my living soundtrack. That would just be epic.
Well, on your next state visit to Canada, probably to discuss tariff duties on the Groghead Cafe sales, merely ask our Canadian members to fix it up.
I'm sure they would be happy to oblige. Just a small token of their appreciation and gratitude. (Up there with the French World War I war debt.)
Quote from: besilarius on September 06, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Well, on your next state visit to Canada, probably to discuss tariff duties on the Groghead Cafe sales, merely ask our Canadian members to fix it up.
I'm sure they would be happy to oblige. Just a small token of their appreciation and gratitude. (Up there with the French World War I war debt.)
Sure... let me knkow when yer coming. I live around the corner from RCMP National HQ. I'll just able over with a beer and chat them up. 8)
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 06, 2012, 08:23:06 AM
Canada has lumberjacks. They don't need Marines.
And with that, this thread is sufficiently derailed :)
(as all threads with the mention of Justin Bieber should be)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blackfive.net%2F.a%2F6a00d8341bfadb53ef0133f55636cf970b-500wi&hash=343847345377f7120edc229b8524a0b36029aa28)
Quote from: besilarius on September 06, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Well, on your next state visit to Canada, probably to discuss tariff duties on the Groghead Cafe sales, merely ask our Canadian members to fix it up.
I'm sure they would be happy to oblige. Just a small token of their appreciation and gratitude. (Up there with the French World War I war debt.)
Free trade, my ass! >:(
Quote from: LongBlade on September 06, 2012, 08:13:38 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on September 06, 2012, 07:46:00 AM
There is no Marine Corps in Canada. There are no amphibious assault ships. The Royal Canadian Navy has no infantry. There are no overseas, littoral territories to protect.
Interesting. I just figured anyone with a Navy would have Marines. Clearly I was mistaken.
AFAIK, there have been no Marines in Canada since the Royal Navy officially pulled-up stakes and took the Royal Marines with them.
Regular infantry and special forces troops train in amphibious landings. They also both train in parachuting, as we no longer have a parachute regiment either (due to political correctness). :-[
http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,23675.0.html?PHPSESSID=u51s2ak96kkfck7vt803b2sk92
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2012, 09:32:50 PM
Sad that this kind of behaviour is now considered unusual enough that it requires reporting.
I doubt it's unusual at all. It just doesn't get reported as often as the more horrific stuff (bad news seems to make for better ratings)...
^Agreed. Murder and mayhem make the news. Good guys don't.
I don't know if the Canuks have desert commandos to protect all the snowbirds here in Arizona but their Air Force uses our airport for training. We get a little air show when they are here. Maybe it is really spying...
They aren't spying. They're just looking down for all the bits that keep falling off the decrepit air jalopies we call an air force.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
purely a spurious corellation I am certain .... but you do raise my curiousity ...
how do you know Beiber is having a concert on that date huh???? huh huh huh????