Allow Me To Restore...

Started by LongBlade, September 05, 2012, 09:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Your faith in humanity.

A girl and her mom found $4000 in cash plus some rings and an ID card. They turned it into police.

QuoteJacobson says her daughter, who started third grade on Tuesday, never expected any reward for turning in the cash. "Her teacher told the class about it on the first day of school and the other students clapped," She says. "That was very nice for her." However, mom says that when a reporter recently pressed Abbie on what she would do with $4,000, she hesitated then gushed, "see a Justin Bieber concert." A few days ago, the forces of karma delivered: Abbie, her parents, and her older brother and sister learned they will be attending the sold-out show in Boston on November 10.

Source: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/maine-girl-returns-lost-money-gains-awesome-reward-192000010.html
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sad that this kind of behaviour is now considered unusual enough that it requires reporting.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2012, 09:32:50 PM
Sad that this kind of behaviour is now considered unusual enough that it requires reporting.

What he said.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Jarhead0331

Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Steelgrave

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.

Maybe he will wear his Sons of Anarchy jacket again and get his ass kicked by both real bikers AND the Marines. Now that....that I would pay to see.

MetalDog

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 05, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.

Maybe he will wear his Sons of Anarchy jacket again and get his ass kicked by both real bikers AND the Marines. Now that....that I would pay to see.

Tell me that didn't happen a first time?!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.

I'd give the guy a pass. He's Canadian. Perhaps our esteemed northern friends can shed light on the founding of the Canadian Marines. All I found was a Canadian Commando Regiment founded in 2006 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Commando_Regiment
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2012, 10:23:36 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on September 05, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.

Maybe he will wear his Sons of Anarchy jacket again and get his ass kicked by both real bikers AND the Marines. Now that....that I would pay to see.

Tell me that didn't happen a first time?!

After Beiber wore a Sons jacket on TV and in a couple of appearances, there was a story that his doing so had angered real Angels and that he was threatened. To my knowledge it was never confirmed but one can only hope it's true.

GDS_Starfury

why does JH know the kids concert schedule?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on September 05, 2012, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM
Sad that Justin Beiber is having a concert on the 237th birthday of the Marine Corps.

I'd give the guy a pass. He's Canadian. Perhaps our esteemed northern friends can shed light on the founding of the Canadian Marines. All I found was a Canadian Commando Regiment founded in 2006 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Commando_Regiment

There is no Marine Corps in Canada.  There are no amphibious assault ships.  The Royal Canadian Navy has no infantry.  There are no overseas, littoral territories to protect.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

What about all those ocean side Miami condos? Their Canadian owners need to know the Motherland cares for them too. Just a few off shore passes per week by a gunboat flying the Maple Leaf would go a long way...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 06, 2012, 07:46:00 AM
There is no Marine Corps in Canada.  There are no amphibious assault ships.  The Royal Canadian Navy has no infantry.  There are no overseas, littoral territories to protect.

Interesting. I just figured anyone with a Navy would have Marines. Clearly I was mistaken.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Canada has lumberjacks. They don't need Marines.

And with that, this thread is sufficiently derailed :)
(as all threads with the mention of Justin Bieber should be)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

LongBlade

Quote from: besilarius on September 06, 2012, 08:30:52 AM
And now for something completely different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo

I wish I had a choir of RCMPs would could follow me around and be my living soundtrack. That would just be epic.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.