GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: Longdan on November 10, 2012, 09:08:23 PM

Title: USMCBD
Post by: Longdan on November 10, 2012, 09:08:23 PM
Nobody else got here before now?
This Is Happy Birthday To the USMC!!  November 10th
Happy Birthday
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: Staggerwing on November 10, 2012, 09:12:35 PM
I'm sure that Jarhead and Smuck will post about it after they've finished their cake...

...and range time.  ;)
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: Staggerwing on November 10, 2012, 09:44:45 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.

Cue the cat with its paw over its mouth saying 'Ohhhh!"
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: GDS_Starfury on November 11, 2012, 12:29:47 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.

OH NO YOU DIDNT!
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 11, 2012, 01:05:12 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.


Thus another zombie was created.
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: MikeGER on November 11, 2012, 03:23:38 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.40k-fanworld.net%2Fwbb%2Fwcf%2Fimages%2Fphotos%2Fphoto-1083-86f718fb.png&hash=d137b6bdc0740cc3567cdea92d8b9876a2533fc3)
:o
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 11, 2012, 07:53:56 AM
Hey, even Fox News can't tell the difference between the Army and the Marines

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F536357_498828626805260_1551760777_n.jpg&hash=26b6763806ca933ff697fe63bbca7459dc48f5dd)
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: LongBlade on November 11, 2012, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 11, 2012, 07:53:56 AM
Hey, even Fox News can't tell the difference between the Army and the Marines

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F536357_498828626805260_1551760777_n.jpg&hash=26b6763806ca933ff697fe63bbca7459dc48f5dd)

Neither could JH so that's hardly a surprise.
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 11:36:50 AM
Fox gets confused about a few things.
There is a lesson here.
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: LongBlade on November 11, 2012, 12:18:52 PM
Quote from: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 11:36:50 AM
Fox gets confused about a few things.
There is a lesson here.

You might have missed the fun at the Democrat's convention this year then.  ;)
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: Martok on November 11, 2012, 12:53:59 PM
When I wake up tonight, I fully expect to read how LongBlade has been killed in some strangely hilarious way.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if rubber chickens were involved. 





Quote from: LongBlade on November 11, 2012, 12:18:52 PM
Quote from: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 11:36:50 AM
Fox gets confused about a few things.
There is a lesson here.

You might have missed the fun at the Democrat's convention this year then.  ;)
Now now.  The Russian navy has a long and proud tradition.  :P 


Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 02:50:42 PM
I really only mentioned Fox because it came up Fox.
Most of us get the bulk of our information from the
public media.  We noticed this fox pas because we are
a specialised audience.  Evidently the people who prepared
it at the network did not know or did not care.  Thus it is
with ALL the public media.  If you are a fraction above the common
denominator, say in your area of expertise, you think "that ain't right".
Everybody else (including me) believes what they see as fact for the
rest of their lives.  I remember when i started at my lifetime career
thinking "if the newspapers and the TV get everything about aviation
wrong then what about.......OMG!!!"
And here we all are educated by TV and the newspapers....OMG.
Anyway today is November 11th which is of specail significance here in Canada.
Lest we Forget.
Title: Re: USMCBD
Post by: Staggerwing on November 11, 2012, 03:22:06 PM
Quote from: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 02:50:42 PM
Anyway today is November 11th which is of specail significance here in Canada.
Lest we Forget.

My thanks go out to all of the Commonwealth's brave Sons and Daughters who have helped make the world a better place.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcoverjunction.s3.amazonaws.com%2F2011%2F305%2F8669adf6-2c4a-46e5-8e6b-dfe1d7486f09.jpg&hash=b5fee8949fdf4417e8a314b06ff05003d1c25f67)


But it really deserves it's own thread.