Main Menu

USMCBD

Started by Longdan, November 10, 2012, 09:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Longdan

Nobody else got here before now?
This Is Happy Birthday To the USMC!!  November 10th
Happy Birthday
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Staggerwing

I'm sure that Jarhead and Smuck will post about it after they've finished their cake...

...and range time.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.

Cue the cat with its paw over its mouth saying 'Ohhhh!"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.

OH NO YOU DIDNT!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.


Thus another zombie was created.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

MikeGER

Quote from: LongBlade on November 10, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
JH is in the Army now. I don't think he cares anymore.

:o

bayonetbrant

Hey, even Fox News can't tell the difference between the Army and the Marines

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 11, 2012, 07:53:56 AM
Hey, even Fox News can't tell the difference between the Army and the Marines



Neither could JH so that's hardly a surprise.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

Fox gets confused about a few things.
There is a lesson here.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

LongBlade

Quote from: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 11:36:50 AM
Fox gets confused about a few things.
There is a lesson here.

You might have missed the fun at the Democrat's convention this year then.  ;)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

When I wake up tonight, I fully expect to read how LongBlade has been killed in some strangely hilarious way.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if rubber chickens were involved. 





Quote from: LongBlade on November 11, 2012, 12:18:52 PM
Quote from: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 11:36:50 AM
Fox gets confused about a few things.
There is a lesson here.

You might have missed the fun at the Democrat's convention this year then.  ;)
Now now.  The Russian navy has a long and proud tradition.  :P 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Longdan

I really only mentioned Fox because it came up Fox.
Most of us get the bulk of our information from the
public media.  We noticed this fox pas because we are
a specialised audience.  Evidently the people who prepared
it at the network did not know or did not care.  Thus it is
with ALL the public media.  If you are a fraction above the common
denominator, say in your area of expertise, you think "that ain't right".
Everybody else (including me) believes what they see as fact for the
rest of their lives.  I remember when i started at my lifetime career
thinking "if the newspapers and the TV get everything about aviation
wrong then what about.......OMG!!!"
And here we all are educated by TV and the newspapers....OMG.
Anyway today is November 11th which is of specail significance here in Canada.
Lest we Forget.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Staggerwing

#13
Quote from: Longdan on November 11, 2012, 02:50:42 PM
Anyway today is November 11th which is of specail significance here in Canada.
Lest we Forget.

My thanks go out to all of the Commonwealth's brave Sons and Daughters who have helped make the world a better place.




But it really deserves it's own thread.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys