GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 26, 2012, 02:10:39 PM

Title: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 26, 2012, 02:10:39 PM
Mark Carney is leaving the Bank of Canada to become governor of one of the world's oldest central banks, the Bank of England.


http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/mark-carney-named-bank-of-england-governor/article5661635/ (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/mark-carney-named-bank-of-england-governor/article5661635/)


8)
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 02:35:26 PM
Neat.

I need a new title. "Editor-in-Chief" is so...trite.

From now on, please refer to me as "Governor"

Thank you and carry on.
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2012, 02:40:17 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 02:35:26 PM

From now on, please refer to me as "Governor"


:o

I've read enough of the Walking Dead graphic novels to know that I now need to keep a close watch on you...
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 02:41:24 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2012, 02:40:17 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 02:35:26 PM

From now on, please refer to me as "Governor"


:o

I've read enough of the Walking Dead graphic novels to know that I now need to keep a close watch on you...

As if TGB's AAR wasn't clear enough...
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: undercovergeek on November 26, 2012, 02:46:02 PM
'guv'nor' all you like, id still have shot you!

and any taxi driver in london will call you that for a modest fee of the fare
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 02:48:52 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 26, 2012, 02:46:02 PM
and any taxi driver in london will call you that for a modest fee of the fare

Perhaps, but 'round these parts the title still has meaning. Notice how Arctic blew a fuse? We're not big on titles on this side of the pond, but when we have one...look out!
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: MIGMaster on November 26, 2012, 03:17:52 PM
I noticed David Dodge wasn't invited to apply for the position. He had that freaky "shakey" voice - always sounded like he was defusing a bomb.... 
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Windigo on November 26, 2012, 03:34:17 PM
Both are good, but only Mark publicly called out the banks and reminded them that the sun doesn't rise and set around them. IMO, banks are just a service like any prostitute, whoreing for money, a false sense of importance and limited ethics
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: bob48 on November 26, 2012, 04:55:01 PM
There's a very tasty young lady works behind the counter at my bank......

Just sayin'
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: besilarius on November 26, 2012, 06:37:20 PM
Sigh!
Bob, Bob, Bob!
And where is Mrs. Bob with that frying pan?
Is there a streak of self-flagellation, just waiting for that "GLoiiingg!"
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 26, 2012, 07:37:33 PM
Quote from: besilarius on November 26, 2012, 06:37:20 PM
Sigh!
Bob, Bob, Bob!
And where is Mrs. Bob with that frying pan?
Is there a streak of self-flagellation, just waiting for that "GLoiiingg!"

Wait...so this guy is based on Bob's life?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages1.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20120216095242%2Fbritishcomics%2Fimages%2Fb%2Fb7%2FAndy_capp2.gif&hash=40bba701002ea157133cdf511698f20675afc877)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lambiek.net%2Fartists%2Fimage%2Fs%2Fsmythe_r%2Fsmythe_reg_andycapp3_1965.jpg&hash=59bc69457198132757fa88b57e14207498493bfd)
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Longdan on November 26, 2012, 08:50:43 PM
I thought it would be cool to be a Governor until I found out about
the adjective Gubernatorial.  It lost it's lustre.

Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Staggerwing on November 26, 2012, 09:27:31 PM
I dunno... 'Goobernaturial' sounds like a high quality organic peanut butter. Makes me hungry for PB&J or maybe PB&H. And a big ol' glassa milk.
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 09:32:52 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 26, 2012, 09:27:31 PM
I dunno... 'Goobernaturial' sounds like a high quality organic peanut butter. Makes me hungry for PB&J or maybe PB&H. And a big ol' glassa milk.

But most of all...I'm...I'm...I'm......


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InS3Jjtpks4
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Staggerwing on November 26, 2012, 09:35:13 PM
With out even clicking that I'm sure I know what it is...


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.ning.com%2Ffiles%2Frt0Lm3HrprRFiG3yxIY4HQjgDsqkprIZvyPtmXitqY56xUQkNoXvaUqld28HsF3gc1vSjWNj84AvZpc%2AUryav4apjOA1xP2%2A%2F2260127519_883eb9dae4.jpg&hash=d728f6356b2f422e9ee39af1efa3326f7171be15)
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 26, 2012, 09:35:13 PM
With out even clicking that I'm sure I know what it is...


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.ning.com%2Ffiles%2Frt0Lm3HrprRFiG3yxIY4HQjgDsqkprIZvyPtmXitqY56xUQkNoXvaUqld28HsF3gc1vSjWNj84AvZpc%2AUryav4apjOA1xP2%2A%2F2260127519_883eb9dae4.jpg&hash=d728f6356b2f422e9ee39af1efa3326f7171be15)

You, sir, are a genius.
Title: Re: Mark Carney named Bank of England governor
Post by: Staggerwing on November 26, 2012, 09:48:54 PM
I jus' wish it di'nt git alla them creases innit.  :'(

Hafta get a new one soon...