GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: SgtRock on August 25, 2013, 12:13:58 PM

Title: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: SgtRock on August 25, 2013, 12:13:58 PM
Please exclude remakes or anything with a number, too games out now with a been there, done that favor too them.




Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 12:21:16 PM
Carthage will kill everyone: Total War
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Martok on August 25, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 12:21:16 PM
Athens will kill everyone: Total War
Fixed.  8) 

Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 01:37:10 PM
Quote from: Martok on August 25, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 12:21:16 PM
Carthage will kill Athens first: Total War
Fixed.  8)

NOW its fixed
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
That would be Rome "2"

I don't know, you have that "Command: modern naval warfare"
And "east v west" which is a HOI game based on the Cold War 1949-1991.
Also "Pandora"

The rest like, Rome 2, Dominions 4, x rebirth, Age of Wonders 3, AGEOD ACW 2 etc are all sequels
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Martok on August 25, 2013, 02:15:12 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 01:37:10 PM
Quote from: Martok on August 25, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 12:21:16 PM
Carthage will lose to Athens first: Total War
Fixed.  8)

NOW its fixed
Fixed again! 




Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
Age of Wonders 3
Point of order:  AoW3 has been delayed til next year.  Still really looking forward to it, though! 

Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: RooksBailey on August 25, 2013, 02:23:14 PM
X: Rebirth (http://www.deepsilver.com/en/game-view/view/game/access12/x-rebirth/):
QuoteX Rebirth represents a spectacular new beginning for the X series, offering loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore throughout the game. Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours. X Rebirth features a whole new user experience - it is easier than ever to start with, and remains as deep as fans expect it.

Watch_Dogs (http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-us/home/index.aspx): 

QuoteSet in Chicago, where a central network of computers connects everyone and everything, Watch_Dogs explores the impact of technology within our society. Using the city as your weapon, you will embark on a personal mission to inflict your own brand of justice.

Chicago's overarching network is known as the Central Operating System (ctOS), and it controls almost all of the city's technology and information - including key data on all of the city's residents.

You play as Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker and former thug, whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. While seeking justice for those events, you'll monitor and hack those around you by manipulating the ctOS from the palm of your hand. You'll access omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control traffic lights and public transportation to stop the enemy... and more.

Two non-enumerated games anyway.   :D
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: W8taminute on August 25, 2013, 02:35:55 PM
Quote from: Martok on August 25, 2013, 02:15:12 PM

Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
Age of Wonders 3
Point of order:  AoW3 has been delayed til next year.  Still really looking forward to it, though!


I keep throwing 20 dollar bills at my PC monitor in the hopes that it will speed up the release date on this title.   ;D
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: son_of_montfort on August 25, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
That would be Rome "2"

Actually that would be Rome II - be true to the source material!  :)

Speaking of, I have some terrible jokes.

For this one, you need Latin: A Roman soldier walks into a bar and says "Make me a Martinus!" The bartender says, "You mean a Martini?" The soldier responds, "If I had wanted a double, I would have said so!"

Here is another one:
A Roman soldier walks into a bar, puts up two fingers and says "Bartender! Five beers please!"
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Staggerwing on August 25, 2013, 04:17:07 PM
Presumably the fingers were spread apart?
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: tgb on August 25, 2013, 04:18:00 PM
Buzz Aldrin's Punch You In The Face.............err, Space Program Manager.
Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad (No, really)
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Huw the Poo on August 25, 2013, 04:30:46 PM
Nothing!  Nothing's coming out!  I have about a bazillion games to play so as far as I'm concerned there are NO MORE GAMES BEING MADE.







Erm...with the exception of AoW3 of course. :D  Oh god I must have that game, I must hold it in my hands and rub it along my scrotum.
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: RooksBailey on August 25, 2013, 06:13:07 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 25, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
That would be Rome "2"

Actually that would be Rome II - be true to the source material!  :)

Speaking of, I have some terrible jokes.

For this one, you need Latin: A Roman soldier walks into a bar and says "Make me a Martinus!" The bartender says, "You mean a Martini?" The soldier responds, "If I had wanted a double, I would have said so!"

Here is another one:
A Roman soldier walks into a bar, puts up two fingers and says "Bartender! Five beers please!"

LOL!   ;D
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Kushan on August 25, 2013, 06:20:16 PM
All the games I'm looking forward to this fall are remakes or sequels:

Command
Wasteland 2
AJE/BoR Expansion
Xenonauts

Quote from: RooksBailey on August 25, 2013, 06:13:07 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 25, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
That would be Rome "2"

Actually that would be Rome II - be true to the source material!  :)

Speaking of, I have some terrible jokes.

For this one, you need Latin: A Roman soldier walks into a bar and says "Make me a Martinus!" The bartender says, "You mean a Martini?" The soldier responds, "If I had wanted a double, I would have said so!"

Here is another one:
A Roman soldier walks into a bar, puts up two fingers and says "Bartender! Five beers please!"

LOL!   ;D

If anyone else chimes is with bad jokes (which I'm sure they will knowing the folks around here) this thread will have to be renamed to "Jokes so bad they will send you to an early grave".

LOL  ;D
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: besilarius on August 25, 2013, 06:22:30 PM
SOM, after those terrible Roman jokes, you should appreciate this.
When the Romans found an abandoned Carthaginian trireme, they disassembled it, moved it to Ostia (IIRC) and re-assembled it to use as a model for the fleet they would build.
Having taken the ship apart, and marking each piece in order, I can just imagine Gaius yelling to Lucius, "Hey, I've got CLVIII.  You see CLIX anywhere?"
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: airboy on August 25, 2013, 07:46:41 PM
Wasteland 2
Xenonauts
Eschalon 3

I think the new Strategic Command is next year.
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Tuna on August 25, 2013, 08:42:14 PM
I'm looking forward to AGEOD Civil War 2!... but I think Beta just started, so I wonder if they'll make their September bid.. oh well, I know my son will by Rome II anyways, so all set there..
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: DoctorQuest on August 25, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 25, 2013, 04:30:46 PM
Nothing!  Nothing's coming out!  I have about a bazillion games to play so as far as I'm concerned there are NO MORE GAMES BEING MADE.







Erm...with the exception of AoW3 of course. :D  Oh god I must have that game, I must hold it in my hands and rub it along my scrotum.

The first step in any recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: SgtRock on August 25, 2013, 10:03:48 PM
Seems like too much of that been there, done that after taste.
- Rome 2,
- Dominions 4, 
- Age of Wonders 3,
- AGEOD ACW 2
- Eschalon 3

X: Rebirth:  - sorry not a space sim fan
Watch_Dogs:  - still don't know what this is, went to the web site and put in my birth date of 1/11/1111, it took it, doesn't bode well for their programing skills.;D

Dispute my dislike for re-makes, sequels, etc. Wasteland was so long, long ago, I'm not sure I even remember it, so Wastland 2 is a maybe.

Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad, is this another 82nd airborne? This one's been in the oven way too long, that's normally the kiss of death for a Matrix game.


Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: agathosdaimon on August 25, 2013, 10:31:14 PM
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm is coming out soon surely.

I would like to hope Matrix Game's version of World in Flames would also and despite regular activity in the matrix forums and even mention of the game being 99.9% done, its still hard to gauge a sense that this will be released this year.

I would also hope for ADANACs Piercing Fortress Europa to be done soon - the sooner that is the esooner Frank Hunter can move on to his next Napoleonic Game Campaigns on the Elbe 1806 and 1813!
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Arctic Blast on August 25, 2013, 10:53:01 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 25, 2013, 04:18:00 PM
Buzz Aldrin's Punch You In The Face.............err, Space Program Manager.


THIS NEEDS TO BE A THING!

Ln'L Heroes of Stalingrad is one I'm looking forward to. I'm keeping an eye on Watch Dogs. If it lives up to the promises, that could be a lot of fun. And Battlefield 4 comes out at some point later this year. That's probably my one other guaranteed buy.
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Anguille on August 25, 2013, 11:55:03 PM
Not sure if these games will come out already this fall but here's a short list:

- Starpoint Gemini 2....looking great and will be much better than the first one.
- Pandora: first contact
- Hegemony Rome
- Star Lord

Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Kushan on August 26, 2013, 12:02:12 AM
Quote from: Anguille on August 25, 2013, 11:55:03 PM
Not sure if these games will come out already this fall but here's a short list:

- Starpoint Gemini 2....looking great and will be much better than the first one.
- Pandora: first contact
- Hegemony Rome

hegemony Rome is in February.
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Anguille on August 26, 2013, 02:20:00 AM
Quote from: Kushan on August 26, 2013, 12:02:12 AM
Quote from: Anguille on August 25, 2013, 11:55:03 PM
Not sure if these games will come out already this fall but here's a short list:

- Starpoint Gemini 2....looking great and will be much better than the first one.
- Pandora: first contact
- Hegemony Rome

hegemony Rome is in February.

Close enough for me  ;)
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Yskonyn on August 26, 2013, 02:45:24 AM
Dominions 4
Rome II
FIFA 14
Command: Modern Air Naval Ops
X: Rebirth

Definately games I am looking forward to!
And Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn's early access is underway now, which I am enjoying the heck out of!
I am all set for the winter!
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Martok on August 26, 2013, 03:33:08 AM
I keep forgetting about Pandora: First Contact.  (I haven't played the beta in a little while now; hmm...)  :-[  Are they still on track for release this fall? 

Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Anguille on August 26, 2013, 03:46:12 AM
Quote from: Martok on August 26, 2013, 03:33:08 AM
I keep forgetting about Pandora: First Contact.  (I haven't played the beta in a little while now; hmm...)  :-[  Are they still on track for release this fall?

Think so...;)
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: steve58 on September 07, 2013, 10:16:35 AM
Quote from: Anguille on August 25, 2013, 11:55:03 PM
Not sure if these games will come out already this fall but here's a short list:

- Starpoint Gemini 2....looking great and will be much better than the first one.
- Pandora: first contact
- Hegemony Rome
- Star Lord

Looks like the early access/alpha of Starpoint Gemini 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150/) is available on Steam for $20...includes a free copy of Starpoint Gemini 1.  It does look pretty good...might have to grab it...
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Anguille on September 07, 2013, 10:27:21 AM
Quote from: steve58 on September 07, 2013, 10:16:35 AM
Quote from: Anguille on August 25, 2013, 11:55:03 PM
Not sure if these games will come out already this fall but here's a short list:

- Starpoint Gemini 2....looking great and will be much better than the first one.
- Pandora: first contact
- Hegemony Rome
- Star Lord

Looks like the early access/alpha of Starpoint Gemini 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150/) is available on Steam for $20...includes a free copy of Starpoint Gemini 1.  It does look pretty good...might have to grab it...

20$ ? and with Starpoint Gemini 1 included...impressive...
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Dolan50 on September 07, 2013, 10:44:58 AM
A new Shilovo DLC or the Achtung Panzer series is available for pre-order at Gamersgate for $10.00,$15.00 regular after release Sept.19.

Don't know if you have already played the APOS games and are just looking for something new with your query.But this is my next purchase for the Fall.
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: Sir Slash on September 07, 2013, 10:45:25 AM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Combat Mission- Market Garden. Two Germans walk into a Dutch bar..... and get killed because American paratroopers were hiding behind bar. ;D
Title: Re: What's coming this fall. anything good?
Post by: SgtRock on September 07, 2013, 11:40:24 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 07, 2013, 10:45:25 AM
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Combat Mission- Market Garden. Two Germans walk into a Dutch bar..... and get killed because American paratroopers were hiding behind bar. ;D

Not much new, other than some new maps and few more 3D units that's about it.