What's coming this fall. anything good?

Started by SgtRock, August 25, 2013, 12:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SgtRock

Please exclude remakes or anything with a number, too games out now with a been there, done that favor too them.





undercovergeek


Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces


mikeck

That would be Rome "2"

I don't know, you have that "Command: modern naval warfare"
And "east v west" which is a HOI game based on the Cold War 1949-1991.
Also "Pandora"

The rest like, Rome 2, Dominions 4, x rebirth, Age of Wonders 3, AGEOD ACW 2 etc are all sequels
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 01:37:10 PM
Quote from: Martok on August 25, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2013, 12:21:16 PM
Carthage will lose to Athens first: Total War
Fixed.  8)

NOW its fixed
Fixed again! 




Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
Age of Wonders 3
Point of order:  AoW3 has been delayed til next year.  Still really looking forward to it, though! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

RooksBailey

X: Rebirth:
QuoteX Rebirth represents a spectacular new beginning for the X series, offering loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore throughout the game. Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours. X Rebirth features a whole new user experience - it is easier than ever to start with, and remains as deep as fans expect it.

Watch_Dogs: 

QuoteSet in Chicago, where a central network of computers connects everyone and everything, Watch_Dogs explores the impact of technology within our society. Using the city as your weapon, you will embark on a personal mission to inflict your own brand of justice.

Chicago's overarching network is known as the Central Operating System (ctOS), and it controls almost all of the city's technology and information - including key data on all of the city's residents.

You play as Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker and former thug, whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. While seeking justice for those events, you'll monitor and hack those around you by manipulating the ctOS from the palm of your hand. You'll access omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control traffic lights and public transportation to stop the enemy... and more.

Two non-enumerated games anyway.   :D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

W8taminute

Quote from: Martok on August 25, 2013, 02:15:12 PM

Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
Age of Wonders 3
Point of order:  AoW3 has been delayed til next year.  Still really looking forward to it, though!


I keep throwing 20 dollar bills at my PC monitor in the hopes that it will speed up the release date on this title.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

son_of_montfort

Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
That would be Rome "2"

Actually that would be Rome II - be true to the source material!  :)

Speaking of, I have some terrible jokes.

For this one, you need Latin: A Roman soldier walks into a bar and says "Make me a Martinus!" The bartender says, "You mean a Martini?" The soldier responds, "If I had wanted a double, I would have said so!"

Here is another one:
A Roman soldier walks into a bar, puts up two fingers and says "Bartender! Five beers please!"
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Staggerwing

Presumably the fingers were spread apart?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

tgb

Buzz Aldrin's Punch You In The Face.............err, Space Program Manager.
Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad (No, really)

Huw the Poo

Nothing!  Nothing's coming out!  I have about a bazillion games to play so as far as I'm concerned there are NO MORE GAMES BEING MADE.







Erm...with the exception of AoW3 of course. :D  Oh god I must have that game, I must hold it in my hands and rub it along my scrotum.

RooksBailey

Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 25, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
That would be Rome "2"

Actually that would be Rome II - be true to the source material!  :)

Speaking of, I have some terrible jokes.

For this one, you need Latin: A Roman soldier walks into a bar and says "Make me a Martinus!" The bartender says, "You mean a Martini?" The soldier responds, "If I had wanted a double, I would have said so!"

Here is another one:
A Roman soldier walks into a bar, puts up two fingers and says "Bartender! Five beers please!"

LOL!   ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Kushan

#13
All the games I'm looking forward to this fall are remakes or sequels:

Command
Wasteland 2
AJE/BoR Expansion
Xenonauts

Quote from: RooksBailey on August 25, 2013, 06:13:07 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 25, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: mikeck on August 25, 2013, 01:39:56 PM
That would be Rome "2"

Actually that would be Rome II - be true to the source material!  :)

Speaking of, I have some terrible jokes.

For this one, you need Latin: A Roman soldier walks into a bar and says "Make me a Martinus!" The bartender says, "You mean a Martini?" The soldier responds, "If I had wanted a double, I would have said so!"

Here is another one:
A Roman soldier walks into a bar, puts up two fingers and says "Bartender! Five beers please!"

LOL!   ;D

If anyone else chimes is with bad jokes (which I'm sure they will knowing the folks around here) this thread will have to be renamed to "Jokes so bad they will send you to an early grave".

LOL  ;D
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

besilarius

SOM, after those terrible Roman jokes, you should appreciate this.
When the Romans found an abandoned Carthaginian trireme, they disassembled it, moved it to Ostia (IIRC) and re-assembled it to use as a model for the fleet they would build.
Having taken the ship apart, and marking each piece in order, I can just imagine Gaius yelling to Lucius, "Hey, I've got CLVIII.  You see CLIX anywhere?"
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.