GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on December 06, 2013, 07:18:58 AM

Title: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: MetalDog on December 06, 2013, 07:18:58 AM
Well, we made it through another week, fellas.  Now it is time to reward ourselves with some game playing time.  This weekend will definitely see some Ageod's American Civil War.  What else it hold right now is a mystery.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: smittyohio on December 06, 2013, 07:31:30 AM
Hmmm.... I'm thinking of starting out with some Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, and then moving on to some Battle Academy and Commander: The Great War.   Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord will probably be mixed in there also if I have time.   

I need to spend more time with World in Flames, so I don't forget what I've already learned, but playing solitaire hasn't grabbed me yet...
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 06, 2013, 07:41:45 AM
Quote from: smittyohio on December 06, 2013, 07:31:30 AM

I need to spend more time with World in Flames, so I don't forget what I've already learned, but playing solitaire hasn't grabbed me yet...

That was my biggest concern whether solitaire would grab me....I still can't play until xmas because its a gift, but I fear I will be in the same boat.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 06, 2013, 08:08:57 AM
My company's Christmas party is this weekend in Galveston, so me and Mrs. Banzai are headed there tomorrow for the weekend. Not sure I'll have any time for anything other than possibly Civ V or Skyrim and not until Sunday night.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: FlickJax on December 06, 2013, 08:16:41 AM
WoTs as usual :(  game has me good and proper and some SoW Gettysburg  that I bought in the week.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: GJK on December 06, 2013, 08:19:19 AM
Stumbled upon the RPG Aces & Eights and my son is amped to run through some Wild West shootouts on the tabletop so we'll mess around with that a good bit.  We've also been enjoying CM:SF+Marines and I have a pbem CMBB game in progress that I'll get turns out for.  Also will continue to update the Grogheads Forum Based Twilight Struggle (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8401.0) game.  We're open for jeering, cheering and mudslinging from the public (you guys) so you're welcomed to do so if you'd like to stop on by.  ;)
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Gusington on December 06, 2013, 09:31:19 AM
The Great War: Total War and Bioshock: Infinite.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 06, 2013, 09:39:02 AM
I'm going to play "be thankful I've still got a job"
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 06, 2013, 09:41:20 AM
Officially finished now until January..... apart from parental duties I'm donning my gaming pants and catching up on Rome 2, Cmano and wondering what to do in a Nazi free world in hoi3
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Sir Slash on December 06, 2013, 10:07:58 AM
I'll be trying to get up the side of an ugly mountain full of Germans in CMFI and down the side of a beautiful mountain full of bandits in Skyrim. I hope I don't get them confused.  8)
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mikeck on December 06, 2013, 10:09:43 AM
Have my agency's Christmas party tonight so nothing but debaucherie there...Mighg get some in Saturday night.

X rebirth
Rome 2
Oh yeah....and X rebirth
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: MengJiao on December 06, 2013, 10:11:21 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 06, 2013, 07:18:58 AM
Well, we made it through another week, fellas.  Now it is time to reward ourselves with some game playing time.  This weekend will definitely see some Ageod's American Civil War.  What else it hold right now is a mystery.

I'm getting away from the AGEODs for a bit.  I will be trying to blow things up in DCS: World and maybe fooling with the Burning Blue to show how it works in a DAR in the AAR section. 
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Bison on December 06, 2013, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.

I don't think we are talking about the same game.  KOTOR  and SWTOR are two different games.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.

I don't think we are talking about the same game.  KOTOR  and SWTOR are two different games.

I know. I finished replaying KOTOR weeks ago. I was still in a SW mood so I did a sub for SWTOR. Been playing for about a week. I rarely do MMORPGs, but I am hooked on SWTOR right now.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: PanzersEast on December 06, 2013, 10:48:45 AM
No shortage of things to play..... at the moment:




Have many many more games setting on my desktop, who knows what else I could play or play instead of.....



PE
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Greybriar on December 06, 2013, 11:05:36 AM
What PC game will I be playing this weekend? I'm not really sure. I've been burned out on this and bummed out on that and I have hundreds of games in my gaming backlog. Perhaps I'll play a bit of XCOM or X-COM. Or maybe some Civilization (I, II, IV, or V--I didn't care much for III). Master of Magic is always a possibility. Or perhaps I'll buy something new and spend the entire weekend learning its ins and outs.

In short, I really don't know which PC game(s) I will be playing this weekend.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: SgtRock on December 06, 2013, 11:08:36 AM
A few more turns of War in the East and some GuildWars 2.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: LongBlade on December 06, 2013, 11:51:39 AM
I've been holding back starting X Rebirth. I need to take the plunge but I hear it's complex and for some reason the cold I'm fighting has dampened my enthusiasm.

I have raised Orcs Must Die! 2 from it's digital grave and have tried some new strategies on some old levels which appear to be very productive.

Also am expecting some phat loot to arrive from FFG's massive boardgame sale and I may have to bust one of those open. But that's for another thread, I guess.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 06, 2013, 11:53:22 AM
RAF Battle of Britain boardgame AAR - completing it. I'm looking forward to finishing the AAR so I can crack on with a Campaign. The game is great and the rules are superbly laid out
Battlefield 4
Crysis 3
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

All new purchases...and that's all
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Bison on December 06, 2013, 01:40:36 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.

I don't think we are talking about the same game.  KOTOR  and SWTOR are two different games.

I know. I finished replaying KOTOR weeks ago. I was still in a SW mood so I did a sub for SWTOR. Been playing for about a week. I rarely do MMORPGs, but I am hooked on SWTOR right now.

Awesome.  What server?
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mirth on December 06, 2013, 01:49:38 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 01:40:36 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.

I don't think we are talking about the same game.  KOTOR  and SWTOR are two different games.

I know. I finished replaying KOTOR weeks ago. I was still in a SW mood so I did a sub for SWTOR. Been playing for about a week. I rarely do MMORPGs, but I am hooked on SWTOR right now.

Awesome.  What server?

Jedi Covenant.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: skeptical.platypus on December 06, 2013, 02:07:25 PM
I am fairly sure that Flashpoint Campaigns is going to consume me this weekend. My wargaming dna was birthed in Red Storm Rising, which birthed the sub game of the same name (irrc), to Gunship2000, to M1 Tank Platoon, to TOAW, so FC:Red Storm sure looks like the game I've wanted to play for years. (If Command Ops does coldwar or modern day, I'm likely to discharge inappropriately.)

Xenonauts demo, Xcom, and Simcity4 likely alternates.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

I just started dipping my toe back into this, too.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

I just started dipping my toe back into this, too.

It's really come a long way and I find it to be quite enjoyable.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mirth on December 06, 2013, 02:28:25 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

I just started dipping my toe back into this, too.

It's really come a long way and I find it to be quite enjoyable.

I've been pleasantly surprised by it.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:37:00 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

I just started dipping my toe back into this, too.

It's really come a long way and I find it to be quite enjoyable.

I'm finding it difficult to start back up since there have been new character abilities added.  So buying the training for them on all my higher-level characters has zapped my in-game credits (and they weren't very high to begin with!).   I'd be completely broke if it wasn't for unlocking an achievement yesterday that granted me an extra 100kCr when buying abilities.  >:(

It still looks to be mostly the same, other than all the unlockable stuff (of which there are quite a bit).  I've not tried the new starship pvp though, nor checked out the differences in the regular pvp.  I expect that to be where the endgame fun is and they've surely added to it since I last played.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:40:48 PM
Yeah I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the game.  I'm not much into PvP, so that isn't really a huge draw for me.  I haven't tried the space combat yet, but I've read some good things about it.  Personally I just really enjoy the storylines and now it's just the loot grind to improve on my mod slots and such.  Typical MMO stuff.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:45:00 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:40:48 PM
Yeah I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the game.  I'm not much into PvP, so that isn't really a huge draw for me.  I haven't tried the space combat yet, but I've read some good things about it.  Personally I just really enjoy the storylines and now it's just the loot grind to improve on my mod slots and such.  Typical MMO stuff.

I look to MMO PvP as a good change from the solo grind and where to look for some edge-of-the-seat fun.  I do enjoy the solo PvE - it's usually kinda relaxing, oddly enough.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mirth on December 06, 2013, 02:49:53 PM
I'm on a PvE server. I'm playing for the storyline. Definitely enjoying it so far.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Kushan on December 06, 2013, 03:32:53 PM
Up until last I night I would say I was going to play Skyrim all weekend. But when testing out the latest release of RCRN last night I seem to have corrupted my entire game installation. Not sure what caused it, might have been something left over from using/uninstalling ENB. All I know is it crashed my entire computer and I can't load any of my saves.

Probably some Command, FC:RS, and Baldurs Gate 1 EE. I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for. Given the freezing cold weather this weekend, I might just pull out the scotch or bourbon and catch up on some reading and YouTube Let's Plays.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 06, 2013, 03:34:46 PM
I've just reinstalled my Strike Fighters 2 collection and applied some of the best mods, so I plan on dropping a lot of bombs over North Vietnam this weekend.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: KyzBP on December 06, 2013, 05:28:30 PM
Since I'm angry at the entire gaming industry for never making an American Football Manager worthy of Football Manager comparisons, I've fired up Bowl Bound by Greydog Software.  I'll be playing/modding that game most of the weekend.  I also plan on continuing a game of Shadowrun Returns.  Of course the weekend wouldn't be complete without a few attempts at Survivor Squad.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 06, 2013, 06:44:21 PM
Splinter Cell : Blacklist. And stupid Marvel Puzzle Quest, which has completely distracted me from games that I actually paid money for...
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Rizik6 on December 07, 2013, 01:09:03 AM
Continuing a campaign in Rome 2. I just picked up Alea Jacta Est and Birth of Rome. I'd like to give them a try but it would probably be too much Rome.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: ArizonaTank on December 07, 2013, 07:12:12 AM
Quote from: skeptical.platypus on December 06, 2013, 02:07:25 PM
I am fairly sure that Flashpoint Campaigns is going to consume me this weekend. My wargaming dna was birthed in Red Storm Rising, which birthed the sub game of the same name (irrc), to Gunship2000, to M1 Tank Platoon, to TOAW, so FC:Red Storm sure looks like the game I've wanted to play for years. (If Command Ops does coldwar or modern day, I'm likely to discharge inappropriately.)

Xenonauts demo, Xcom, and Simcity4 likely alternates.

Flashpoint Campaigns is kind of a dream game for me as well.  The first computer wargame I really liked was Norm Koger's Red Lightning.  FC reminds me a lot of that great game. 
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Barthheart on December 07, 2013, 11:52:50 PM
Friday I played "drive 12hours in a frickin ice storm through the hills of Kentucky" with the Ice covered Roads and Arseholes with Bald Tires DLC's.

Managed to survive that and was rewarded with fantastic night at The Grand Old Opry here in Nashville.

Driving to Tuscaloosa AL tomorrow for a conference then on to the Keys for 2 weeks of sun.

Might squeeze in some gaming in the mornings before my wife gets up......
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Sir Slash on December 08, 2013, 12:04:38 AM
Enjoy the Keys Barth. The weather should be near perfect. Watch your wallet at the Southernmost point of the US, that's in Key West if you're going there, and don't let any of the "helpful" locals use your camera to take a picture of you there, it'll probably be the last time you see it. Just saying.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 08, 2013, 12:32:11 AM
hey Bart, gimmi a call when you roll through my neck of the woods.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 08, 2013, 03:04:38 AM
Finally got the parents out of my place and off to Hawaii so I'm free.  Shame that my week off is over in a day.  I went to a gun sale this morning and stood in line for 4 hours in -10C temps to pick up a few thousand rounds of ammo.  It wasn't too bad apart from the cold.  I always have a good time chatting with the people in line.

I played some Iron Front MP today.  It was fun but I died in every single mission.
Got Arma III on tap for tomorrow.  I will likely play some Call of Juarez: Gunslinger as well and possibly play a bit more of my Russia vs. Japan 2013 scenario in Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Martok on December 08, 2013, 04:49:52 AM
Like Greybriar, I'm feeling a bit burned out at the moment, and am thus not sure yet what I'm going to play on my two nights off here.  I played a little Neverwinter Nights and dinked around with my Klingon campaign in Birth of the Federation before going to bed this afternoon, but right now I'm just not feeling it. 




Quote from: Barthheart on December 07, 2013, 11:52:50 PM
Friday I played "drive 12hours in a frickin ice storm through the hills of Kentucky" with the Ice covered Roads and Arseholes with Bald Tires DLC's.

Managed to survive that and was rewarded with fantastic night at The Grand Old Opry here in Nashville.

Driving to Tuscaloosa AL tomorrow for a conference then on to the Keys for 2 weeks of sun.

Might squeeze in some gaming in the mornings before my wife gets up......
Yikes!  Glad you made it to Nashville okay, Barthheart, and have fun in the Keys. 

Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
Bart, wish I had known you were coming this way.  You almost have to go right past my house!  We could have had breakfast at the Cracker Barrell or something.  Maybe on the way back you hit me up?!
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Barthheart on December 08, 2013, 10:35:23 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
Bart, wish I had known you were coming this way.  You almost have to go right past my house!  We could have had breakfast at the Cracker Barrell or something.  Maybe on the way back you hit me up?!

Yeah, I shoulda mentioned my path of destruction .... err ... travel earlier. Not sure I'm coming back through this way on the way home......
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 10:45:09 AM
Well, if you come back this way, give me some warning.  If you don't know the joys of Cracker Barrell, I will introduce you ;)
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Martok on December 08, 2013, 10:55:00 AM
Well as promised, I finally purchased Pandora: First Contact, so I may give that a whirl later today if I have time. 

Title: .
Post by: eyebiter on December 08, 2013, 11:32:46 AM
.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 08, 2013, 11:38:29 AM
I looked over the hill.


those poor poor sheep.  :o
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mikeck on December 08, 2013, 01:03:11 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 10:45:09 AM
Well, if you come back this way, give me some warning.  If you don't know the joys of Cracker Barrell, I will introduce you ;)

Mmmmm...best grits around. Used to hit the barrel after midnight shift for bacon, eggs and grits.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 02:24:08 PM
I love me some grits, too!  I usually get the country fried steak and some baked apples, too.  And it's not my cup of tea, but that gift shop is pretty alright.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Toonces on December 08, 2013, 02:47:14 PM
Everyone knows Denny's kicks Cracker Barrel's butt.   :P

On topic- I have been flying my pants off in FSX and also playing a bunch of Red Orchestra 2.  Man RO2 is rough if you're on a server with players who have their crap together.  I did have one memorable match playing as a Russian machine gunner.  I got this awesome overwatch position on a hill and had this chokepoint locked in and was just whacking the enemy like crazy.  It was sooooo fun.  The Germans finally overran the position and I was all by myself trying to hold on for reinforcements...but then I ran out of ammo and while I was changing mags someone finally got me.  What a bummer.  But I got like 20 kills.  :)
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Toonces on December 08, 2013, 02:48:35 PM
I'm thinking of booting up some RoF multiplayer or Over Flanders Fields.  I am kind of in a mood to play a game that works and blow things up.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2013, 05:02:17 PM
Just got back from drill and I am freezing my arse off. Drinking beer to warm up...what to game?
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 08, 2013, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 02:24:08 PM
that gift shop is pretty alright.

for shame man, for shame!!!
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 08, 2013, 05:40:17 PM
Hey now! Any gift shop that will sell the full range of 'Greatest American Hero' episodes on DVD for twelve bucks has MY vote for one of the top ten must-visit locales in 'Murica.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 08, 2013, 05:52:18 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg39.imageshack.us%2Fimg39%2F2002%2F39dq.jpg&hash=6ca5e5f7200ba9fdfad290f641490928091126ca) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/39dq.jpg/)

Passing by HMS Belfast at about 10am this morning - undercoverjunior determind to get in at bottom right
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2013, 05:57:25 PM
 ^Nice camo!
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 08, 2013, 06:15:57 PM
only found out this morning, the main guns are trained on Scratchwood Motorway Services - on the assumption this is where invaders of London would meet before the main invasion!
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2013, 06:33:27 PM
What is that crazy pyramid building in the background?
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 08, 2013, 06:34:26 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 08, 2013, 02:47:14 PM
Everyone knows Denny's kicks Cracker Barrel's butt.   :P

>:(  back to the Jersey Shore for a umpa lumpa  orange treatment for you.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 08, 2013, 06:36:32 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2013, 06:33:27 PM
What is that crazy pyramid building in the background?

tis 'the shard' - tallest building in Europe, over 1000ft

74th floor has an observation deck that can see the Thames Estuary join the North Sea - 40 miles away!
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 06:37:50 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 08, 2013, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 02:24:08 PM
that gift shop is pretty alright.

for shame man, for shame!!!

You, sir, have obviously never been to a Cracker Barrel.  There's nothing like that slice of the South found in the gift shoppe.

@Gus warm up and fire up some total War.  You know you want to...
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2013, 08:11:38 PM
^I really want to, 'tis true. The Great War - Total War...but it is still not really stable and may crash out on me and I am not really ready for such tantamount disappointment.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 08, 2013, 09:10:37 PM
Ah, to have Stuckeys back as well...I guess Buc-ees is okay, but childhood memories can never be easily replaced.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: mikeck on December 08, 2013, 10:17:57 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 08, 2013, 02:47:14 PM
Everyone knows Denny's kicks Cracker Barrel's butt.   :P


Dude....no
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 09, 2013, 04:51:07 AM
he deserves a beating for comments like that.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Nefaro on December 09, 2013, 10:05:56 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 08, 2013, 06:37:50 PM

You, sir, have obviously never been to a Cracker Barrel. 

The food at Cracka-Ass-Cracka-Barrel is most certainly better than any Denny's, in my experience.
Title: Re: Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!
Post by: Sir Slash on December 09, 2013, 10:29:13 AM
Somebody told me that the food at Hooters was excellent. I said, "They have food there?".  ???