GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on December 20, 2013, 06:55:37 AM

Title: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MetalDog on December 20, 2013, 06:55:37 AM
The last Friday before Christmas has everyone looking forward to holidays, parties, family gatherings and long hours spent by the glow of your monitor as you push your pixellated heroes around the digital board!  Some of you may be working their last day before a long winter break and watching the clock on the wall, counting the seconds to quitting time.  I hope that's the case for more of you than not.

In any event, the weekend is here and it is time to game!  Warlock has sucked me in again with twenty three hours played in the last two weeks.  I will be at it again this weekend.  I may meet a friend, or two, on the 18th century battleground of Age of Empires III.  And of course, Civ IV is always an option.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Shelldrake on December 20, 2013, 07:20:15 AM
I have to make a real effort at Christmas shopping this weekend but will find time for some more Shadowrun Returns. I am really looking forward to some quality gaming time over the break.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: FlickJax on December 20, 2013, 07:24:39 AM
Blooming Heck WoTs has 2*XP and increased crew experience for every battle this weekend :( will I ever stop playing!!!!
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Bison on December 20, 2013, 08:26:30 AM
I'll be getting my Sith on in between honey-do-now-or-the-freaking-world-nay-the-entire-universe-and-all-alternate-universes-will-come-to-a-horrible-cataclysmic-end-right-freaking-now-list of chores.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Darkspire on December 20, 2013, 08:34:33 AM
Thought I would give Distant Worlds a spin and work through my new Monster Magnets CD's, rip and tag.

Darkspire
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 20, 2013, 08:39:57 AM
Maybe some iPad or phone games...I've got a 20-hour drive we're starting on later tonight. Once we get there I'm not doing anything but sleep all weekend.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MengJiao on December 20, 2013, 08:45:28 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on December 20, 2013, 07:20:15 AM
I have to make a real effort at Christmas shopping this weekend but will find time for some more Shadowrun Returns. I am really looking forward to some quality gaming time over the break.

  Not much gaming in store: my wife's family is coming for a week and some of them will be in the Manloft all the time.  They will want to play Settlers of Catan.

   But until then maybe some RoF and Caesar in Gaul.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: tgb on December 20, 2013, 08:49:57 AM
More Rome II, some Aarklash Legacy, continuing the Barbarossa campaign in Unity of Command, I'll probably take another shot at Cthulhu in Elder Signs:Omens, and of course that holiday favorite, Let's Check Steam Again.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Kushan on December 20, 2013, 09:01:18 AM
Unfortunately my vacation doesn't start until Tuesday, but after that I'm off until after New Years.

Crusader Kings 2 - I'm going to be starting a new game as the Hapsburg's and try and lead them through both CK2 and EUIV. May try and do an AAR documenting the rise (hopefully) of my hapsburgs from simple a German count to the emperor of the world ;D. Going to use vanilla for this play through. I tried a couple of different games with the CK2+ mod, but I think its a little over done for my taste's. Some of the things they've done breaks the immersion for me.

Hearthstone - With the way work has been for me, Hearthstone has turned into my go to game to relax since I got beta access last weekend. I haven't played a CCG type card game since Magic when I was in middle school. Even then Magic never clicked with me. But for some Hearthstone has really clicked with me, and its something more then having played WoW for 6-7 years. I think it because there is no real downside to losing. Games play out so quickly, on average 10-15 minutes, that if you lose you can just jump right back in without feeling like you've wasted a half hour or more for nothing. And games never get into a stalemate where both sides do some sort of turtle strategy. I have a mix record so far. I've had games that where close right down to the end, I've had other games that one side was losing and then got a lucky draw or two and pulled victory from the jaws of defeat.

Diablo 3 - Since Blizzard has failed to give me a Reaper of Souls beta invite, an over sight on their part I'm sure, I'm going to spend some time with the v2.0 patch on the player test realm server.

Command - Now that the v1.02 patch is out, I need to finish my US carrier strike group import/export files. The official US web pages for them have been down for a week or two which prevented me from working on them until they came back up

FC:RS - Defend Fulda from the soviet hordes.

Rome 2 - Continues my game as the Romans using the Magnar mod.

There maybe some some Distant Worlds or Skyrim in there as well,

And at no point will I look at the Wasteland 2 or Caesar in Gaul pages on Steam.....I sear I won't.....
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 20, 2013, 09:22:13 AM
Around the usual festive duties (wrapping, meeting Santa, meeting GF mk III's grandparents) i hope to be playing -

Finishing off the CMANO tutorial and starting on a small scenario - im tempted to try and create a post Falklands 82 invasion of Argentina scenario

Rome II - very happy with first 2 hours of Carthage playtime, considering a restart and trying my hand at a narrative AAR

Watching Steam like an eagle, what for ive no idea, but watching

Badgering Mikeck about Rebirth to see if its worth a punt yet
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 10:21:39 AM
A few things....

- Front Office Football
- Title Bout Boxing
- Wings Over Flanders Fields

These are my goals, but I do have some holiday shopping to do which may limit my time....
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Sir Slash on December 20, 2013, 10:24:42 AM
I finally got the Germans on the run in CMFI the Troina campaign and we got to climb a mountain now. And I'll be seeing if I can help Ceasar straighten-out Gaul in CIG.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2013, 11:15:28 AM
Nothing for me.

Finish work today, then Christmas drinks tonight with work, pack tomorrow and off tae Bonnie Scotland until next Friday - coming back all full of fire!
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 20, 2013, 11:24:55 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2013, 11:15:28 AM
Nothing for me.

Finish work today, then Christmas drinks tonight with work, pack tomorrow and off tae Bonnie Scotland until next Friday - coming back all full of fire!

if we let you back in!!  :P
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Anguille on December 20, 2013, 11:26:06 AM
Have some plans for my holidays...

I intend to play mostly the Darkstar One campaign and Armada 2526 Supernova on my gaming laptop. On my netbook, i will continue my Romulan Campaign in Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, my Conquest Frontier Wars campaign, Botanicula and Broken Sword 3.

As soon as i install the new desktop (windows 7) as main home computer (my old xp desktop will move to my "office" for mostly gaming purposes), i will install Grand Ages Rome and play that one as it deserves to be played. Stil have to buy a new monitor.

Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Shelldrake on December 20, 2013, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2013, 08:39:57 AM
Maybe some iPad or phone games...I've got a 20-hour drive we're starting on later tonight. Once we get there I'm not doing anything but sleep all weekend.

Safe travels Banzai_Cat!
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Anguille on December 20, 2013, 12:01:58 PM
forgot...i also plan to play Omerta on the new computer...
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2013, 12:03:48 PM
I have off today but have to work 12/23 and Xmas Eve :/ But then I'm off until after New Years but traveling with the Gus Brood. Will be back in my Man Tomb next Friday. I'm in a gaming funk anyway...nothing is really doing it for me right now. So for this weekend I will take a stab at a mini Civ V game as Serbia vs. the Austrians. After that perhaps some SC: WWI. And saving my pennies for after Xmas for WOFF and the required accsessories to go with it (stick, CFS3 DVD, etc).
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Grimnirsson on December 20, 2013, 12:13:28 PM
Quotethe glow of your monitor as you push your pixellated heroes around the digital board!

No monitor, no digital board...

This weekend we gonna play a classic of block wargames in the new shiny 4th edition - Napoleon by Columbia Games :)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 20, 2013, 12:24:08 PM
I'm finding it difficult to pack. Trying to put RAF Solitaire, WaW Blood and Bridges and WaW Operation Garbo, and Field Commander Alexander into a bag that will fly under the wife's radar...sigh. I wanted to take D-Day Solitaire and Struggle for Galactic Empire also but they're not gonna fit. :(

Quote from: Shelldrake on December 20, 2013, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 20, 2013, 08:39:57 AM
Maybe some iPad or phone games...I've got a 20-hour drive we're starting on later tonight. Once we get there I'm not doing anything but sleep all weekend.

Safe travels Banzai_Cat!

Thank you much. It's an adventure driving that long, like running a damn marathon.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2013, 12:27:06 PM
^Be careful, drink coffee.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 20, 2013, 01:32:54 PM
did london to grenoble and back in one way a couple of weeks back, the novelty and adrenaline kept me going for both legs and i thought it was great - 2 days later - not so great!!!

too old for that shit
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on December 20, 2013, 01:39:46 PM
I'll be continuing my Ageod's Civil War 2 grand campaign. Just finished reading volume one of  Shelby Foote's Civil War narrative, and will begin volume two this evening.

Some more World of Tanks, of course. For me, it's the perfect game to play while enjoying an adult beverage.

I almost forgot about Steam and Iron: The Russo-Japanese War that I just picked up!

I've been considering getting back into the driving sim swing of things, so that sexy Logitech G27 racing wheel & pedals combo is looking mighty tempting. I'll probably buy rFactor 2 as well.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 20, 2013, 02:14:55 PM
I will be playing Entertain the Nieces and Nephew this weekend, which means board games. Survive, King of Tokyo, Zooleretto, Wrath of Ashardalon and Castle Ravenloft are favorites. And I plan to add Forbidden Desert and Zombicide to the mix.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Martok on December 20, 2013, 02:39:47 PM
Sounds like a pretty good time, AB.  :) 



My problem at the moment is there's way too many games I'm feeling the urge to play, and nowhere near enough time to play them!  The following games are all calling to me: 

Armada 2526 Supernova:  I wanna get another Volmar campaign going. 
Birth of the Federation:  My Klingon warriors await more glorious battles! 
Civilization IV: Complete:  The game intrigues me, but I've not spent nearly enough time with it. 
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2:  Because one can never have too many Kirov Airships and Apocalypse Tanks.  ;D 
Crusader Kings 2:  I'm feeling a serious need for some hardcore medieval-era drama. 
Distant Worlds: Shadows:  Really wanna try out the new beta patch. 
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes:  Still kicking ass and taking names with my custom-designed sovereign.  8) 
Pandora: First Contact:  I've played around with it a little since I bought it, but not nearly as much as I want to. 
Rome II: Total War -- of course! 

Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: -budd- on December 20, 2013, 02:49:26 PM
Since the kiddies are on winter break there will be some board games, blokus, Qwirkle and some pictionary. Although i'm not the world's biggest RPG player i'm really caught up in Dragon Age origins at the moment, liking the presentation and the battle system, i'll probably throw in some FCRS when i'm not looking at the sales..............picked up aliens colonial marines @ amazon $1.99 it supposed to be better after the 4 gig patch but for under $2 not much to lose but time i guess.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Nefaro on December 20, 2013, 03:14:51 PM
Gonna play some Arkham Horror on the table with some nephews this afternoon.  They should enjoy it.

If I play anything on the computer, it will likely be all WOFF, all weekend! 

At some point I'll pick up FOF7 but I have plenty to keep me busy at the moment.  :D
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: PanzersEast on December 20, 2013, 03:19:56 PM
Probably will be in full ADD... but



PE
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 03:46:57 PM
I've got a pretty good feeling that after tomorrow, most of you are going to be playing the same thing ;)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Martok on December 20, 2013, 03:48:06 PM
Okay, that's at least the second teaser you've put out there in the last hour now.  Don't be mean! 

Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2013, 03:55:49 PM
After tomorrow? Hmm...
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 04:00:56 PM
Interesting....can't imagine what would come out on a Saturday.   Must be a trick:)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM
you'll just have to come back tomorrow and find out ;)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2013, 04:30:51 PM
I work here, I'm here all the time.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: mikeck on December 20, 2013, 04:49:56 PM
Endless space
Histwar: Napoleon
Maybe some "Fallen enchantress"
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 20, 2013, 04:51:36 PM
Quote from: mikeck on December 20, 2013, 04:49:56 PM
Endless space
Histwar: Napoleon
Maybe some "Fallen enchantress"

You were my rebirth champion - what happened?
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM
you'll just have to come back tomorrow and find out ;)

Of course I will be out all day tomorrow:(. Maybe just a little hint:)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 05:22:52 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 05:17:29 PMMaybe just a little hint:)

you'll need your computer!
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: -budd- on December 20, 2013, 06:42:32 PM
you know it's probably already tomorrow somewhere in the world 8)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Toonces on December 20, 2013, 07:28:44 PM
I'm definitely playing Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2.  I'm grooving on playing as a machine gunner and getting halfway decent at it.

I'm probably going to fly some FSX.

And I'm considering breaking out the wheel and firing up Euro Truck Simulator 2, in which case F1:2012 becomes a possibility.

Not really looking for anything on sale, but I am very, VERY tempted (and most likely will) to buy the standalone version of DayZ.  If it wasn't so bloody close to Xmas I would have already bought it.  I think, after a few drinks tonight, I'm just going to click buy and be done with it...a little present to myself.  It will be our little secret, eh?
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Rekim on December 20, 2013, 09:17:17 PM
I'll be putting in many hours at work this weekend. It's the night shift and usually things are extra quite this time of year...so I picked up Panzer Corps for the ipad before fishtailing my way into the work this afternoon. Man of man, I can't believe the snow we're getting this winter...and I had to go and buy a rear wheel drive car this past summer  ::)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2013, 09:30:59 PM
What do you do for a living?
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: mikeck on December 20, 2013, 09:37:12 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 20, 2013, 04:51:36 PM
Quote from: mikeck on December 20, 2013, 04:49:56 PM
Endless space
Histwar: Napoleon
Maybe some "Fallen enchantress"

You were my rebirth champion - what happened?

Ha! Well I've been playing it almost exclusively (some endless space too) since it came out a month ago. Taking a break. Plus, they are patching so often, I keep having to restart. So I figured its a good time for a break. Will come back in a month or so. Like x3, I usually hit a point where I ask "what's the point? What are my goals and why?"
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Rekim on December 20, 2013, 09:43:15 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2013, 09:30:59 PM
What do you do for a living?

I am a satellite controller
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 01:25:16 AM
That's not something you hear every day.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 21, 2013, 01:29:16 AM
Im on chat roulette with Mirth.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Martok on December 21, 2013, 04:55:18 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 21, 2013, 01:29:16 AM
Im on chat roulette with Mirth.
There's no way anything good can come of that... 
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 21, 2013, 07:25:19 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM
you'll just have to come back tomorrow and find out ;)

Of course I will be out all day tomorrow:(. Maybe just a little hint:)

http://grogheads.com/?p=3459
you're welcome :)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Shelldrake on December 21, 2013, 07:44:22 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 21, 2013, 07:25:19 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM
you'll just have to come back tomorrow and find out ;)

Of course I will be out all day tomorrow:(. Maybe just a little hint:)

http://grogheads.com/?p=3459
you're welcome :)

Nice!
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 09:07:16 AM
In one of those coincidental ways that happen occasionally, when I turn my computer on, Steam notifies me which of my friends are on line and playing a game.  At eight o'clock this morning, Martok, UCG and Grim Reaper were all on.  And each of them was playing Rome II.  Of course, I immediately thought, 'They are playing one another.  Sweet!'  And I hope that was the case.  My second thought was, 'The Rome II thread is like a million pages long and there are three good gamers playing it.  I wonder what I am missing?'  So, it looks like Rome II is on my radar.  Can anyone tell me what the low end specs are for it?  I have XP with a Pentium 4, 2 Gigs of Ram and an NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.  Willl that do?
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Tuna on December 21, 2013, 09:26:20 AM
probably need a lil more ram... although your system will only support 4 Gig (not even all of it), if it's 32 bit. which most people with XP had..
The Video Card might need a lil more oompfh, though my 14 year old is running it ok on a 9800 GT.. How much Ram does your Video Card have?
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Staggerwing on December 21, 2013, 09:29:41 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 09:07:16 AMCan anyone tell me what the low end specs are for it?  I have XP with a Pentium 4, 2 Gigs of Ram and an NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.  Willl that do?

Probably not so well...  :(  Your probably card came with 256megs of ram and min required is 512.

Min req:
QuoteMinimum:
OS: XP/ Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
Screen Resolution: 1024x768



The game runs a bit erratic on my Windows box which has an i3, 4 gigs of ram, and an Nvidia  GT430 w/ a gig of ram.

QuoteRecommended:
OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8
Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
DirectX®:11
Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 09:31:41 AM
Kind of what I expected.  Thanks for the intel fellas.  With Microsoft stopping support of XP in the Spring, I am looking to get a new system.  I've waited this long on Rome II, so, a few more months won't kill me.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Staggerwing on December 21, 2013, 09:36:55 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 09:31:41 AM
Kind of what I expected.  Thanks for the intel fellas.  With Microsoft stopping support of XP in the Spring, I am looking to get a new system.  I've waited this long on Rome II, so, a few more months won't kill me.

You could still grab it if it goes on a crazy sale and park it. It's not like most of us don't have a number of Steam games we don't play even when they do meet our rig's min specs.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 09:39:22 AM
True.  Hadn't thought of that.  My wallet thanks you ;)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Bison on December 21, 2013, 10:34:37 AM
Metal I think you'd have some serious issues with running the game, because you are just hitting the bare minimums.  It'd play but I think the frame rate would kill the experience unfortunately.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Gusington on December 21, 2013, 10:49:25 AM
I agree it won't run very well but there's no harm in trying it out. Then of course it may run fantastically, or not. If it doesn't, but you like what you see in the short time it runs, that may get you to get a new rig sooner :)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
How fast the new rig gets purchased depends solely on available cash.  Medieval 2 was out for years before I got it, so, a little more time for Rome 2 won't hurt.  Hopefully though, you guys won't be sick of playing it by the time I get proficient enough for MP ;)
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Martok on December 21, 2013, 12:39:59 PM
I was also going to point out that by the time you have the money available to upgrade, there might very well be a Rome II: Gold Edition (or something like it) including all the DLC released so far.  That alone might be worth holding off for (I did that very thing with Shogun 2).  :) 

Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Martok on December 21, 2013, 12:47:02 PM
Quote from: Martok on December 20, 2013, 02:39:47 PMMy problem at the moment is there's way too many games I'm feeling the urge to play, and nowhere near enough time to play them!  The following games are all calling to me: 

Armada 2526 Supernova:  I wanna get another Volmar campaign going. 
Birth of the Federation:  My Klingon warriors await more glorious battles! 
Civilization IV: Complete:  The game intrigues me, but I've not spent nearly enough time with it. 
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2:  Because one can never have too many Kirov Airships and Apocalypse Tanks.  ;D 
Crusader Kings 2:  I'm feeling a serious need for some hardcore medieval-era drama. 
Distant Worlds: Shadows:  Really wanna try out the new beta patch. 
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes:  Still kicking ass and taking names with my custom-designed sovereign.  8) 
Pandora: First Contact:  I've played around with it a little since I bought it, but not nearly as much as I want to. 
Rome II: Total War -- of course!
Incidentally, I've managed to spend some time on five of these games so far this weekend:  Armada, BOTF, FE:LH, Pandora, and Rome II.  That's probably about the most I'll get to, though, as I work the next four nights (and Sunday during the day is pretty much already spoken for).  Still, it's better than I usually do! 

Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Greybriar on December 21, 2013, 05:37:58 PM
I just bought Sid Meier's Ace Patrol from GamersGate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ACEP/sid-meiers-ace-patrol) for $1.25 and plan on taking it for a spin this weekend.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 22, 2013, 04:10:30 PM
The family is back in High River. I'll be following in 2 days. Therefore, today I shall play Nap : The Game.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Sir Slash on December 22, 2013, 11:08:12 PM
I played that today. In fact I usually play it everyday. Somehow it always makes the phone ring. ;D
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Kushan on December 23, 2013, 12:33:25 AM
I didn't play much this weekend. Some Hearthstone Friday night and Rome 2 / Caesar in Gaul Saturday and Sunday. Was going to hold out for a deep discount on CiG but couldn't resist. Not far into a campaign as the Romans. I've managed to lose the siege of the Helvetti city in the alps twice now, first time I've lost a TW battle in a long time.

I did get a ton of work done on a OOB spreadsheet for the current US CV Strike Groups.  I got a group and a half left to do, then I can start importing them into Command, for use as import files for scenario makers.
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: Bison on December 24, 2013, 01:18:48 AM
Star Wars the Old Republic has consumed my gaming time completely. 
Title: Re: It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!
Post by: MengJiao on December 26, 2013, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 20, 2013, 08:45:28 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on December 20, 2013, 07:20:15 AM
I have to make a real effort at Christmas shopping this weekend but will find time for some more Shadowrun Returns. I am really looking forward to some quality gaming time over the break.

  Not much gaming in store: my wife's family is coming for a week and some of them will be in the Manloft all the time.  They will want to play Settlers of Catan.

   But until then maybe some RoF and Caesar in Gaul.

   But What happened?  I didn't get much game time in except two sessions of multiple Seafarers of Catan late into the night.  It was a good gaming event and all the more so since even the grumpy people hung around to watch the game rather than going to bed as they kept threatening to do.  Also of interest was the fact that no one quite knew all the Seafarers rules and some were mesmerized by the prospect of Gold on islands while others grew mighty empires in the inland mountains and crushed the seafarers (very quickly in the most memorable game).