GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on December 27, 2013, 10:36:35 AM

Title: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: PanzersEast on December 27, 2013, 10:36:35 AM
For a little after Tournament fun I will be matching the Groghead Heavyweight Faithful against Mike Tyson to see how long or if one of our Grogheads can defeat him.  Will post the results here soon..... Mike Tyson Groghead Punch Out.



(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.wikimg.net%2Fstrategywiki%2Fimages%2Fthumb%2Fd%2Fd3%2FMT_Punch-Out_mike_tyson.png%2F200px-MT_Punch-Out_mike_tyson.png&hash=306495a55d61ce1491f9d9fba02df3b0f38c1be8)    VS      (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-8c1m-6bpr4o%2FThgI84Q111I%2FAAAAAAAAAPc%2FxMAko-WisNk%2Fs400%2Fimages-7.jpeg&hash=ee74ebe3fd03b2b75a206a8ef4e984b096153c3f)

  MIKE TYSON                                             GROGHEADS




MIKE TYSON CHALLENGE RESULTS



Mike Tyson   Defeats  Danny 'The Undertaker' Demato by KO in 2:31 of Round 11

Big Joe Mufferaw  vs  Mike Tyson

Mantequilla  vs  Mike Tyson

Ivanovich "Big Russian"  Moskelenko  vs  Mike Tyson

Conor  "The Grim Reaper" Dullahan  vs  Mike Tyson

Patrick Starr  vs  Mike Tyson

Pedro "El Bigote" Sanchez de Villa Maria  vs  Mike Tyson

Steve "Boom Boom" Slammer  vs  Mike Tyson

Flick 'The Brick' Mason  vs  Mike Tyson

Shasta 'Pimp Daddy' Kane  vs  Mike Tyson

Al "Letters" Fahbet  vs  Mike Tyson

Ike "Killer" Kadoogan  vs  Mike Tyson

Ylvis 'The Fox' Prysli  vs  Mike Tyson

Byte "The Ear" Ufool  vs  Mike Tyson

Sammy 'The Crusher' Malone  vs  Mike Tyson

Gentleman' Undercovergeek  vs  Mike Tyson



Groghead Heavyweight Champion

Mickey "Banzai Irish" McGlynn  vs  Mike Tyson







Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 27, 2013, 12:58:03 PM
This should be fun!  Bet I don't make it out of the first round:)
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Mad Russian on December 27, 2013, 01:01:21 PM
You notice my guy is the first one (sacrifice) in the ring. I guess somebody had to go first and give you bunch a goal to aim at!

Good Hunting.

MR
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Double Deuce on December 27, 2013, 07:08:43 PM
I figure I'll last only as long as I manage to stay off the ropes. If I stop dancing, its over.
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 27, 2013, 10:33:38 PM
LOL. Not liking our chances here.  ;D
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: LongBlade on December 27, 2013, 11:28:53 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 27, 2013, 12:58:03 PM
This should be fun!  Bet I don't make it out of the first round:)

+1 :)
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: KyzBP on December 28, 2013, 07:33:51 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on December 27, 2013, 11:28:53 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 27, 2013, 12:58:03 PM
This should be fun!  Bet I don't make it out of the first round:)

+1 :)

+1 +1
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Double Deuce on December 28, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
Maybe we could all jump into the ring on him at the same. Sorta even things up a little.    8)
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 28, 2013, 09:37:40 AM
Depends what era we use his stats for...if it is as of the time he got beat by Buster Douglas, we all got a chance:)
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2013, 11:38:24 AM
Feel free to grab my ankles and use me as a mace. It's worked in bar fights.
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: magnus on December 28, 2013, 11:44:32 AM
Most of the fighters had a chance against them.He was dangerous for a few rounds and then would lose interest in the bout and then became sloppy and lazy. He was taken the distance a few times by very mediocre heavyweights.

I watched almost all of his fights and a lot of the fighters would go into the ring beat. I saw it in Pinklon Thomas and Spinks eyes.

It was released that he was the son Sonny Liston to further his aura. Tyson his manager and trainer wanted nothing to do with Foreman. They knew even an old Foreman would have beaten him.

My take on the Douglas fight is this. I do not think you should look at Tyson to see why he lost but look at Douglas. Douglas was a fighter who quit on his own stool a few fights before and his father was so upset he wanted nothing more to do with him. Douglas's mother had died right before the fight and he just took his talent and an unbeatable mindset into that fight. Tyson had never been fought like that.

Pinklon Thomas should have jabbed his head off but he came into the ring beaten.

Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 28, 2013, 05:58:27 PM
Quote from: magnus on December 28, 2013, 11:44:32 AM
It was released that he was the son Sonny Liston to further his aura. Tyson his manager and trainer wanted nothing to do with Foreman. They knew even an old Foreman would have beaten him.



hmm...would have been interesting to see him fight Foreman, although I am no boxing expert, I think depending on when it happened in their careers, Tyson would have had a shot at beating him....but we'll never know, unless we use Title Bout boxing game to simulate it:)
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 28, 2013, 06:25:52 PM
I hated Punch Out. But this should be good.
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2013, 06:38:21 PM
I loved Punch Out! 'Pizza Pasta, Pizza Pasta!!'
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: PanzersEast on December 31, 2013, 06:49:34 PM
Tyson has not forgotten the promised beating..... I'll post some fight tonight  :D


PE
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 31, 2013, 09:41:57 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 31, 2013, 06:49:34 PM
Tyson has not forgotten the promised beating..... I'll post some fight tonight  :D


PE

No worries....I bet Mike is just running scared from us all.
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: CptHowdy on January 03, 2014, 10:46:43 PM
so did Tyson disappear? I could understand not wanting to run this gauntlet of heavyweights! or did don king want to much of the pie?
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: FrontierCybrarian on January 04, 2014, 04:47:45 PM
PanzerEast, thanks for conducting the Grogheads boxing tournaments.

I have the current Title Bout Boxing title but was expecting more corner-man input to boxers between rounds. Earlier versions had some. However, I still enjoyed simulating heavyweight fights among the greatest.

So here's my point! I was stupid in how I "produced" & submitted my fighter, Byte "The Ear" Ufool in your contest. He was a fast, dancing fool with little power. What was I thinking...it was "stinkin thinkin" for sure. I should have taken the fighter statistics for Joe Louis, Ali, Marciano, Tyson, Larry Holmes, or Foreman, etc. Anything but what I submitted.

My fighter Byte "The Ear" Ufool easily went two fights and out. No others likely did as poorly.

In my Title Bout Boxing fights I do believe several prominent heavyweights did beat Tyson but can't remember who they were right off.

So some Grogheads fighter has a chance to dethrone Tyson when your tournament continues. Setting up the fight schedule does take time so we're anxious but patient in the outcome. Thanks again.
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: magnus on January 04, 2014, 05:36:42 PM
 The funny thing is I thought I might be cheating because of having played the game for 20+ years.

I was thinking that I had an unfair advantage because I would know what to pick for stats.

I was truly smirking when I saw some of the fighters stats and thought it would be even easier than I thought.

I had one draw and was beaten badly in my next two fights.

I do not know where some of you came up with your stats but they worked like a charm.
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: CptHowdy on January 04, 2014, 07:40:46 PM
had version 2.5 so was able to pick up the latest for $5. haven't played it much but did run a Tyson vs. Wlad Klitschko. wlad tko him in the 6th round.
Title: Re: Grogheads vs Mike Tyson
Post by: PanzersEast on January 05, 2014, 10:42:26 AM
First match is up, Danny Demato hung with Tyson until the 11th round.  Tyson knocked him down 4 times.  There is some balance here as Grogheads are still hitting with 100% accuracy with Tyson around 36.5%.  I must have created our boxers with some setting that allows that.



PE