GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Bison on January 01, 2014, 01:28:22 AM

Title: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Bison on January 01, 2014, 01:28:22 AM
I've been play Distant Worlds: Shadows.  My human empire is surviving and slowly progressing toward colonizing it's first planets and exploring a couple of close stars.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi830.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fzz227%2FBison36%2F2014-01-01_002612_zps864e783b.jpg&hash=0add8de3cb31ec99e4e213f5f8ecedea03e0ea7b)

It's the Caslon Super Highway!  Powering humanity to a better tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: LongBlade on January 01, 2014, 02:02:36 AM
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

Talk about awesome.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Kushan on January 01, 2014, 03:00:47 AM
Started a new game as Austria in EU IV. Waiting for all the internal HRE wars to start so I can conquer....I mean liberate imperial territory.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Yskonyn on January 01, 2014, 03:59:11 AM
My first game will be a round of BF4 with some friends in a few hours.

After that I will do my PBEM turns for my CMBN and CMSF games I have running and tonight I will be logging in to GW2 and FFXIV.

Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: KyzBP on January 01, 2014, 05:09:34 AM
I'm still plodding away on FM14.  This may be my first game of 2015 as well.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Darkspire on January 01, 2014, 05:34:25 AM
Distant Worlds  on a 700 10x10 with 12+ empires and the pirates on steroids, I'm the purple empire, surrounded :)

Darkspire

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1125.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fl588%2FNecrospire%2FSecret%2520Squiggle%2Fcurrentgame_zps24c953d1.jpg&hash=f16d59b65d04c768c22b1cf669565d26758d2b14)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Tinkershuffle on January 01, 2014, 05:37:51 AM
TOAW3 pbem, maybe some W:ALB goodnes later tonight or possbily FC:RS.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: vyshka on January 01, 2014, 05:42:09 AM
Finished up my season with Oxford City in Football Manager 2014.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: agathosdaimon on January 01, 2014, 06:07:16 AM
I was finally getting around to playing Scourge of War -i am still not sure how the command system works fully - won the scenario for gettysburg 9.30am, but not realy sure if i did anything and a lot union soldiers just seemed to be sitting in the rear and i couldnt figure out how to move them at all and could send any couriers to them. i have play Take command in the past and worked out how to move an army but this scenario everything was spread out and and so i was not sure where to go - but warrants more playing!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: tgb on January 01, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but probably Blackguards.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: spelk on January 01, 2014, 06:26:05 AM
Dungeon of the Endless, but will be looking into Blackguards soon.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: undercovergeek on January 01, 2014, 07:05:59 AM
CKII for some AAR loving, later some CMANO and this evening ARMA III
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: bob48 on January 01, 2014, 07:09:56 AM
Finishing off a Warlock campaign, and then I have to get to grips with Rome 2.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: undercovergeek on January 01, 2014, 07:12:16 AM
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - happy new year matey - still plugging away at Warlock i see
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Shelldrake on January 01, 2014, 07:15:57 AM
Going to jump back into my X-Com campaign once I have a second cup of coffee....[yawn]!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Rayfer on January 01, 2014, 07:43:48 AM
Where I'm at it's 7:40am, the new year is less than 8 hours old....haven't even finished my first cup of coffee, no less fired up a game to play yet!  Took advantage of the Humble Bundle sale yesterday for EU4 @ $9.99...downloaded it overnight on Steam. I suspect I will play around that as my first game in 2014.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Barthheart on January 01, 2014, 08:14:30 AM
Finished my first U-boat career in The Hunters using VASSAL.
Sank 97,400 tonnes before getting blown out of the water by convoy escorts in May 1941.  :P

Must try again......  8)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: TheCommandTent on January 01, 2014, 08:31:23 AM
Trying to figure out what the heck I am doing in Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm for the Grogheads contest
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 08:42:45 AM
I fired up Football Manager 2014 this morning to look at all the graphics (kits, logos, players, etc.) I was finally able to download and I just continue to say wow on how this game series seems to have gotten it right for text based sims.  Come on rest of the sports world, catch up!

Few gaming resolutions for me this year, let's hope they last more than a day:)

-  Play all the games I own that I haven't even fired up or barely touched....time to reduce the gaming backlog.
-  Actually "learn" the key games I own....too many of them I give up on too quickly without really trying
-  Reduce/eliminate the impulse buys....with so many games on my plate and the fact prices reduce quickly, have to become better at this.
-  Reduce/eliminate my participation in holiday sales (unless they are main games I passed on when first released)....way too many games that I buy cheap and really never get played.

We'll see how it goes, but a person can at least dream about keeping their resolutions:)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: bob48 on January 01, 2014, 08:47:09 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 01, 2014, 07:12:16 AM
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - happy new year matey - still plugging away at Warlock i see

Same to you Geekypoo. Aye, its one of those games that just keep sucking me in.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: undercovergeek on January 01, 2014, 08:55:10 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.

OI - rome II biatch!!!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:56:13 AM
That's next, as Iceni...even though Sir Slash has dampened the fire you lit under my butt on that one.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.

Yep, going to be a rough couple of days here too....already have about 5-6 inches on the ground, 2-3 more expected during the day/afternoon, and then 6-8 inches more possible on tonight/Thursday.....the fun begins:(
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 09:07:24 AM
12-18 inches here, allegedly. Time to get serious.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.everytownusa.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F03%2FLullange1.jpg&hash=84f192e617f115ed41540db877c0273c5d9bca5f)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Airborne Rifles on January 01, 2014, 09:16:04 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 01, 2014, 02:02:36 AM
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

Talk about awesome.

+1

I'm playing for the Grogheads contest (I'm greedy for the prizes  ;)) but looking forward to the other scenarios and campaigns.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: MIGMaster on January 01, 2014, 09:28:43 AM
My 3rd play thru of X-com with all the DLC loaded.....
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on January 01, 2014, 09:36:04 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 08:42:45 AM

Few gaming resolutions for me this year, let's hope they last more than a day:)



You & me both, Grim. I need to do that, too. I have such a backlog.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Staggerwing on January 01, 2014, 09:38:55 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.

Yep, going to be a rough couple of days here too....already have about 5-6 inches on the ground, 2-3 more expected during the day/afternoon, and then 6-8 inches more possible on tonight/Thursday.....the fun begins:(

Stay safe during the storm guys!


Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Sir Slash on January 01, 2014, 10:29:20 AM
That's no weather to be a Naked Celtic Warrior in Gus. I'm staying with the Suebi in '14 though GOG has the whole Red Baron series for $1.19. I'm tempted......
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: MetalDog on January 01, 2014, 10:40:00 AM
After breakfast, it'll be Avernum: Escape From the Pit.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 01, 2014, 11:07:11 AM
Nothing for me yet. I have to get up at 2am tomorrow for the 20-hour drive home, then work Friday. Maybe this weekend.  :(
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 12:46:58 PM
^That does not sound like a fun game at all.

1.19 for the whole Red Baron series???
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 01, 2014, 09:38:55 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Diving head first into a pile of CoH2 as the weather bears down around me.

Yep, going to be a rough couple of days here too....already have about 5-6 inches on the ground, 2-3 more expected during the day/afternoon, and then 6-8 inches more possible on tonight/Thursday.....the fun begins:(

Stay safe during the storm guys!

Son of a $#@#%%......go out to snow blow the driveway and my darn snow blower starter cable snapped off and on top of that my electric start did not work.....since the machine was 10+ years old, decided better to replace and upgrade then bother with fixing, especially since that could take days and likely would be a few hundred anyways........what a way start this $#$%# new year:(  At least a local store was open so I could pick one up as we get hit with this storm.

Is this year over with yet?
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Barthheart on January 01, 2014, 01:20:46 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 01, 2014, 11:07:11 AM
Nothing for me yet. I have to get up at 2am tomorrow for the 20-hour drive home, then work Friday. Maybe this weekend.  :(

Safe driving Comrade. I, too, am driving home tomorrow. Two 14 hours days followed by a 4 hour drive will get us home on Saturday afternoon. So that leaves Sunday to dig out the month of snow that has accumulated in my driveway. Fun times......  :P

Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: MengJiao on January 01, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: tgb on January 01, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but probably Blackguards.

  After Puzzling over what I claimed I had against Strategic games, i realized I'd had a great time in Rome II at the strategic level and rise of Prussia just before that so...Rome II Plus Rise of Prussia = Birth of Rome, so I've been playing that:

Won as the Gauls in the early 3rd C BC.
Lost as the Samnites even earlier
Came back as the Romans in 298 BC.  Seem to be winning with a Dictator and an early Scipio (Barbatus?  Odd, he doesn't seem to have much hair at all).
The Dictator (whose name I've forgotten) has all kinds of command attributes, but he's never active so Scipio does all the work out there in the Samnite-infested wilds of Italy.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Double Deuce on January 01, 2014, 02:09:04 PM
Not sure you can call it playing but am working on my Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm campaign and a possible multiple player idea.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Kushan on January 01, 2014, 02:12:22 PM
Quote from: Double Deuce on January 01, 2014, 02:09:04 PM
Not sure you can call it playing but am working on my Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm campaign and a possible multiple player idea.

Playing some Flashoint Campaigns myself this morning. Currently watching my ground units get torn apart by Soviet helos while my air defense units sit around and watch....
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Sir Slash on January 01, 2014, 03:44:25 PM
My mistake. $1.99 For the Red Baron Series. $1.19 For B-17 The Mighty Eighth.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Toonces on January 01, 2014, 04:02:00 PM
I believe my brain can only handle the most simplest of tasks today, so it shall be Skyrim FTW.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: bbmike on January 01, 2014, 04:38:21 PM
I was in Williamsburg last weekend and after hearing all of those fifes and drums I decided to play Colonization today.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: W8taminute on January 01, 2014, 07:14:57 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 09:07:24 AM
12-18 inches here, allegedly. Time to get serious.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.everytownusa.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F03%2FLullange1.jpg&hash=84f192e617f115ed41540db877c0273c5d9bca5f)

Nice pic!  We're expecting 10-14 over here. 

My first game played for the new year was World At Arms for iPhone/Android.  Then I played Call of Duty: Ghosts on my XBOX.  Only two more missions to go in order to complete the single player story mode!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 01, 2014, 07:22:08 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 01, 2014, 10:29:20 AM
That's no weather to be a Naked Celtic Warrior in Gus. I'm staying with the Suebi in '14 though GOG has the whole Red Baron series for $1.19. I'm tempted......

This must be over. It says 9.99 now...
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: ArizonaTank on January 01, 2014, 07:26:33 PM
Back to Fallout 3 for me.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Ubercat on January 01, 2014, 07:29:06 PM
Spider Solitaire for me.  :'( I didn't have time for anything lengthier or more complex before going to work this morning!
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Capn Darwin on January 01, 2014, 07:35:19 PM
Quote from: Kushan on January 01, 2014, 02:12:22 PM
Quote from: Double Deuce on January 01, 2014, 02:09:04 PM
Not sure you can call it playing but am working on my Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm campaign and a possible multiple player idea.

Playing some Flashpoint Campaigns myself this morning. Currently watching my ground units get torn apart by Soviet helos while my air defense units sit around and watch....

Help is on the way in the full 2.03 update for those pesky Hinds. A number of bugs have been located and crushed that were hampering many AD functions.  8)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Capn Darwin on January 01, 2014, 07:36:06 PM
...Red Storm work of course...Some Firefly in the next day or so.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: mikeck on January 01, 2014, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 01, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: tgb on January 01, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but probably Blackguards.

  After Puzzling over what I claimed I had against Strategic games, i realized I'd had a great time in Rome II at the strategic level and rise of Prussia just before that so...Rome II Plus Rise of Prussia = Birth of Rome, so I've been playing that:

Won as the Gauls in the early 3rd C BC.
Lost as the Samnites even earlier
Came back as the Romans in 298 BC.  Seem to be winning with a Dictator and an early Scipio (Barbatus?  Odd, he doesn't seem to have much hair at all).
The Dictator (whose name I've forgotten) has all kinds of command attributes, but he's never active so Scipio does all the work out there in the Samnite-infested wilds of Italy.

Rise of Prussia is my favorite AGEOD game. Love the period
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2014, 08:26:04 PM
^Gotta get around to firing that up too, I have it buried somewhere also.

So I am playing through the 2nd mission of the CoH2 campaign and take a break, and start the Barbarossa campaign for Panzer Corps.

Another cool game! I am so happy to finally get through some of my back catalog.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: mikeck on January 01, 2014, 08:44:43 PM
My first game I fired up was X3AP with the XRM mod. I'm really enjoying rebirth but at this point, it's to hard to run 4 or more trade ships since there is no automatic or universe trading software...I have to find all trades. That's a little frustrating and makes it difficult to create a trading business.

Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Bison on January 01, 2014, 09:06:49 PM
Well technically I've already lost this game, but I'm going to keep on playing since it's the most successful pre-warp start I've had yet.

Here's a shot of my exploration ships heading out to where no man has gone before....
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi830.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fzz227%2FBison36%2F2014-01-01_200404_zps04038444.jpg&hash=d7e0190ba9a667a1a8e2ef74e2a43cb0e2f9c48b)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: MengJiao on January 02, 2014, 10:34:22 AM
Quote from: mikeck on January 01, 2014, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 01, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: tgb on January 01, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but probably Blackguards.

  After Puzzling over what I claimed I had against Strategic games, i realized I'd had a great time in Rome II at the strategic level and rise of Prussia just before that so...Rome II Plus Rise of Prussia = Birth of Rome, so I've been playing that:

Won as the Gauls in the early 3rd C BC.
Lost as the Samnites even earlier
Came back as the Romans in 298 BC.  Seem to be winning with a Dictator and an early Scipio (Barbatus?  Odd, he doesn't seem to have much hair at all).
The Dictator (whose name I've forgotten) has all kinds of command attributes, but he's never active so Scipio does all the work out there in the Samnite-infested wilds of Italy.

Rise of Prussia is my favorite AGEOD game. Love the period

  Rise of Prussia is my favorite AGEOD game too.  The engine seems to work very well for the period.  I don't think it worked for Espana 1936, at least the way the basic economic-strategic logic of the game worked.  In Espana, I wiped out the Nationalist Navy, destroyed all their railroads, blockaded the ports, bombed them into the Stone Age, had submarines all over and they still brought in the Germans and Italians and gave me a hard time.  If the Fascists are just going to turn up no matter what you do...?  They ought to have Italy on the map so I can raid their railroads and keep them from turning up in Spain.  And Add Germany after that so I can drive up there and blow up some more rail lines. 
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Mad Russian on January 02, 2014, 12:33:11 PM
'Played' Flashpoint Campaigns:Red Storm while doing playtests for the latest campaign set to release with the next update. As well as starting to do work for the next module in the series. Not much time for other games.

Good Hunting.

MR
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Anguille on January 02, 2014, 03:18:32 PM
Fired up my 20 years old computer running windows 95....played the battle of Waterloo in Fields of Glory...marginal victory...a little rusty i guess ;)
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: airboy on January 02, 2014, 03:21:49 PM
Conquest of Elysium 3 - a truly obscure game by the makers of the Dominions series.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Bison on January 02, 2014, 03:26:29 PM
Quote from: airboy on January 02, 2014, 03:21:49 PM
Conquest of Elysium 3 - a truly obscure game by the makers of the Dominions series.

I really enjoy this game.  I played it for about 2 weeks exclusively this past spring. 
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: W8taminute on January 02, 2014, 03:31:09 PM
This was not the first game I played in 2014 however I'm really enjoying the Third Age mod for MTW2: Kingdoms.  I'm playing as Mordor and am engaged at the moment in a bitter struggle with Gondor.  Now that my smithy's are forging chain mail armor for my troops however I hope to stem their tide.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Sir Slash on January 02, 2014, 04:46:22 PM
Hey W8. This might help. There are 2 units of Giant Spiders that the evil side can recruit, they function just like heavy cav and cost a butt-load to upkeep but they can scatter regular cav with ease. They are both available in Mirkwood. One near Dol Goldur and the other at the north end of the wood. Is that what you want?
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: W8taminute on January 02, 2014, 08:14:41 PM
^Yes indeed!  That would be most helpful right now because with each passing turn Gondor is menacing me more and more boldly.  I'm keeping up but just barely.  I need something like those spiders to tip the balance.  I did however just complete a troll pen or some kind of troll producing building in Barad Dur.  I can't believe how this mod is so much fun!

Sounds like you've played this mod before Slash. 
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Gusington on January 02, 2014, 09:43:51 PM
It sounds like Slash is talking about Warlock...
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: MetalDog on January 02, 2014, 10:18:11 PM
Only the AI can make Spiders in Warlock.  Not the players.  Silly, Gus.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Gusington on January 02, 2014, 10:21:00 PM
Giant heavy cavalry in M2TW? Crazytalk. Next thing you're going to tell me is that it's 7 degrees outside my window.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Bison on January 02, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
State of Decay is the third game I've played in 2014 and it's pretty dang good.  Much better then I was expecting honestly.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Sir Slash on January 02, 2014, 11:32:32 PM
Yeah I love that Third Age TW mod. For a real treat, try a custom battle with the Orcs of the Misty Mountains who can recruit a Balrog, vs the Woodland Elves who can recruit a unit of Ents. Throw in some Mountain Trolls and you got a hell-of-a fight. Also Sauron himself can make an appearance and he can take-out a whole Gondor army himself. He has something like 3000 hit points. What version are you playing W8? I never got past 3.1 myself.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: W8taminute on January 03, 2014, 10:17:43 AM
Hi Slash,


I'm playing version 3.2 with no sub mods.  I'm not sure what was revised in 3.2 vs 3.1 but I'm really impressed with the work these guys did.  If I didn't know this was a Total War mod I would have said this must be some sort of LoTR strategy game.  The atmosphere and ambiance is that good.


Hey Gus,

Look outside your window.  I bet you have at least 10 inches of snow out there.  Imagine that in the beginning of January.  Almost unheard of!   ;D
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: ComradeP on January 03, 2014, 11:07:40 AM
Not really sure what I played first actually, probably a Drums of War beta battle followed by Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Nefaro on January 03, 2014, 01:27:50 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
State of Decay is the third game I've played in 2014 and it's pretty dang good.  Much better then I was expecting honestly.

State of Decay is one of the many games I've put off playing.  I was gonna wait until the sandbox DLC was out and vetted.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: W8taminute on January 03, 2014, 05:03:21 PM
State of Decay in it's current console version does indeed allow some sandboxing withing the story.  It's really a pretty cool game.
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Martok on January 03, 2014, 05:03:45 PM
Distant Worlds: Shadows was my first game this year.  Followed it up with a little Crusader Kings II. 

Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Zulu1966 on January 03, 2014, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 03, 2014, 01:27:50 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
State of Decay is the third game I've played in 2014 and it's pretty dang good.  Much better then I was expecting honestly.

State of Decay is one of the many games I've put off playing.  I was gonna wait until the sandbox DLC was out and vetted.

The DLC is out - and has been for some time - so there is bound to be some opinion of it somewhere ...
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Bison on January 03, 2014, 05:32:15 PM
I have the DLC, but I'm still playing through the story mode which is pretty sandbox itself. 
Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Oche on January 08, 2014, 04:01:09 PM
First game played in 2014 "Harpoon for Windows" (Winharp), and after that WINSPWW2.


Title: Re: 1st Game Played in 2014
Post by: Nefaro on January 08, 2014, 11:27:04 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 03, 2014, 05:03:21 PM
State of Decay in it's current console version does indeed allow some sandboxing withing the story.  It's really a pretty cool game.

Have you played the DLC?  Is it "sandbox-y" enough?