Main Menu

1st Game Played in 2014

Started by Bison, January 01, 2014, 01:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

Only the AI can make Spiders in Warlock.  Not the players.  Silly, Gus.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Giant heavy cavalry in M2TW? Crazytalk. Next thing you're going to tell me is that it's 7 degrees outside my window.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

State of Decay is the third game I've played in 2014 and it's pretty dang good.  Much better then I was expecting honestly.

Sir Slash

Yeah I love that Third Age TW mod. For a real treat, try a custom battle with the Orcs of the Misty Mountains who can recruit a Balrog, vs the Woodland Elves who can recruit a unit of Ents. Throw in some Mountain Trolls and you got a hell-of-a fight. Also Sauron himself can make an appearance and he can take-out a whole Gondor army himself. He has something like 3000 hit points. What version are you playing W8? I never got past 3.1 myself.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Hi Slash,


I'm playing version 3.2 with no sub mods.  I'm not sure what was revised in 3.2 vs 3.1 but I'm really impressed with the work these guys did.  If I didn't know this was a Total War mod I would have said this must be some sort of LoTR strategy game.  The atmosphere and ambiance is that good.


Hey Gus,

Look outside your window.  I bet you have at least 10 inches of snow out there.  Imagine that in the beginning of January.  Almost unheard of!   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ComradeP

Not really sure what I played first actually, probably a Drums of War beta battle followed by Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
State of Decay is the third game I've played in 2014 and it's pretty dang good.  Much better then I was expecting honestly.

State of Decay is one of the many games I've put off playing.  I was gonna wait until the sandbox DLC was out and vetted.

W8taminute

State of Decay in it's current console version does indeed allow some sandboxing withing the story.  It's really a pretty cool game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

Distant Worlds: Shadows was my first game this year.  Followed it up with a little Crusader Kings II. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Zulu1966

Quote from: Nefaro on January 03, 2014, 01:27:50 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
State of Decay is the third game I've played in 2014 and it's pretty dang good.  Much better then I was expecting honestly.

State of Decay is one of the many games I've put off playing.  I was gonna wait until the sandbox DLC was out and vetted.

The DLC is out - and has been for some time - so there is bound to be some opinion of it somewhere ...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Bison

I have the DLC, but I'm still playing through the story mode which is pretty sandbox itself. 

Oche

First game played in 2014 "Harpoon for Windows" (Winharp), and after that WINSPWW2.



Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on January 03, 2014, 05:03:21 PM
State of Decay in it's current console version does indeed allow some sandboxing withing the story.  It's really a pretty cool game.

Have you played the DLC?  Is it "sandbox-y" enough?