GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on February 25, 2014, 03:30:59 PM

Title: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 25, 2014, 03:30:59 PM
It's early access on Steam - anyone jumped?
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Greybriar on February 25, 2014, 03:32:38 PM
Not me. Paying $60 for an unfinished game is not something I do.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Tpek on February 25, 2014, 03:33:53 PM
I finally caved in to the extra for the Beta Access and threw another 10$ via the Backer Store to hopefully receive a Steam key soon.
Since it looks like it won't be released anytime soon I just had to do it despite already paying 65$ via Kickstarter. (Mind you the original release date was November)
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 25, 2014, 03:42:59 PM
lol - I just had a look at Wasteland (1) you get free...erm, that won't be getting installed - not whilst I still have some sight!

I'm a bit lame with RPG's. £35 for early beta and a game I might not get into is a bit steep....but...on the other hand, it's not like I have any new games to keep me busy
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Nefaro on February 25, 2014, 05:15:04 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on February 25, 2014, 03:32:38 PM
Not me. Paying $60 for an unfinished game is not something I do.

Yep.  Hell.. I've not even been purchasing stuff that's officially released - ones with which I had originally planned doing so.  Just so overloaded, I can't even keep up with them.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: TheCommandTent on February 25, 2014, 07:48:52 PM
I was a back on the original Kickstarter campaign but I'm waiting to play it until it is actually finished.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Shelldrake on February 26, 2014, 05:34:13 AM
I will wait for the finished game...hopefully available on GOG.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Kushan on February 27, 2014, 10:19:25 PM
I broke down and purchased it last night. I was going to wait, but I really wanted something new. Will post impressions as I get more into it.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: skeptical.platypus on February 27, 2014, 11:02:49 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on February 25, 2014, 07:48:52 PM
I was a back on the original Kickstarter campaign but I'm waiting to play it until it is actually finished.

Same here. Although, I gotta admit, I'm feeling the same temptation as Kushan.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: TheCommandTent on February 28, 2014, 06:37:51 AM
Quote from: skeptical.platypus on February 27, 2014, 11:02:49 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on February 25, 2014, 07:48:52 PM
I was a back on the original Kickstarter campaign but I'm waiting to play it until it is actually finished.

Same here. Although, I gotta admit, I'm feeling the same temptation as Kushan.

Same here especially when they keep releasing patch notes about things they've added along with new screenshots. 
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Boggit on February 28, 2014, 10:22:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 25, 2014, 03:42:59 PM
lol - I just had a look at Wasteland (1) you get free...erm, that won't be getting installed - not whilst I still have some sight!

I'm a bit lame with RPG's. £35 for early beta and a game I might not get into is a bit steep....but...on the other hand, it's not like I have any new games to keep me busy
If you can manage not to gag on the graphics, and the UI generally, it does play ok, as a text based adventure.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Kushan on February 28, 2014, 10:35:42 AM
Quote from: Boggit on February 28, 2014, 10:22:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 25, 2014, 03:42:59 PM
lol - I just had a look at Wasteland (1) you get free...erm, that won't be getting installed - not whilst I still have some sight!

I'm a bit lame with RPG's. £35 for early beta and a game I might not get into is a bit steep....but...on the other hand, it's not like I have any new games to keep me busy
If you can manage not to gag on the graphics, and the UI generally, it does play ok, as a text based adventure.

What do you not like about the graphics? The world map could certainly use a overhaul, but the location maps are not that bad looking (at least from what little I have seen).
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 28, 2014, 10:49:12 AM
This

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FGame%2520Screenies%2FSnap1_zps38136b68.jpg&hash=2b8769cf0afd41696c6a39e4b7f23473e7c61eea)

Is not something I could play
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Nefaro on February 28, 2014, 05:27:22 PM
LOL!

You realize, JD, that this thread is about the sequel currently in Alpha/Beta?   I don't think it looks like the old 80s one.  :P
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Greybriar on February 28, 2014, 05:31:00 PM
See what happens when we gamers get spoiled by the graphics in the newer games?  ;)
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 28, 2014, 05:45:34 PM
Oh I know lads....I was talking about my post where they were giving away Wasteland 1 free - I got a wee bit excited thinking "Oh...two games"...but I couldn't play anything that looked like that!
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?
Post by: Kushan on February 28, 2014, 06:40:12 PM
Oops missed the part where you said wasteland 1. I really should be fully awake and have my morning coffee before responding to forums posts  ::)