Wasteland 2 - what's the scoop?

Started by JudgeDredd, February 25, 2014, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

It's early access on Steam - anyone jumped?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Greybriar

Not me. Paying $60 for an unfinished game is not something I do.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

I finally caved in to the extra for the Beta Access and threw another 10$ via the Backer Store to hopefully receive a Steam key soon.
Since it looks like it won't be released anytime soon I just had to do it despite already paying 65$ via Kickstarter. (Mind you the original release date was November)

JudgeDredd

lol - I just had a look at Wasteland (1) you get free...erm, that won't be getting installed - not whilst I still have some sight!

I'm a bit lame with RPG's. £35 for early beta and a game I might not get into is a bit steep....but...on the other hand, it's not like I have any new games to keep me busy
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on February 25, 2014, 03:32:38 PM
Not me. Paying $60 for an unfinished game is not something I do.

Yep.  Hell.. I've not even been purchasing stuff that's officially released - ones with which I had originally planned doing so.  Just so overloaded, I can't even keep up with them.

TheCommandTent

I was a back on the original Kickstarter campaign but I'm waiting to play it until it is actually finished.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Shelldrake

I will wait for the finished game...hopefully available on GOG.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Kushan

I broke down and purchased it last night. I was going to wait, but I really wanted something new. Will post impressions as I get more into it.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: TheCommandTent on February 25, 2014, 07:48:52 PM
I was a back on the original Kickstarter campaign but I'm waiting to play it until it is actually finished.

Same here. Although, I gotta admit, I'm feeling the same temptation as Kushan.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: skeptical.platypus on February 27, 2014, 11:02:49 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on February 25, 2014, 07:48:52 PM
I was a back on the original Kickstarter campaign but I'm waiting to play it until it is actually finished.

Same here. Although, I gotta admit, I'm feeling the same temptation as Kushan.

Same here especially when they keep releasing patch notes about things they've added along with new screenshots. 
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 25, 2014, 03:42:59 PM
lol - I just had a look at Wasteland (1) you get free...erm, that won't be getting installed - not whilst I still have some sight!

I'm a bit lame with RPG's. £35 for early beta and a game I might not get into is a bit steep....but...on the other hand, it's not like I have any new games to keep me busy
If you can manage not to gag on the graphics, and the UI generally, it does play ok, as a text based adventure.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Kushan

Quote from: Boggit on February 28, 2014, 10:22:43 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 25, 2014, 03:42:59 PM
lol - I just had a look at Wasteland (1) you get free...erm, that won't be getting installed - not whilst I still have some sight!

I'm a bit lame with RPG's. £35 for early beta and a game I might not get into is a bit steep....but...on the other hand, it's not like I have any new games to keep me busy
If you can manage not to gag on the graphics, and the UI generally, it does play ok, as a text based adventure.

What do you not like about the graphics? The world map could certainly use a overhaul, but the location maps are not that bad looking (at least from what little I have seen).
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

LOL!

You realize, JD, that this thread is about the sequel currently in Alpha/Beta?   I don't think it looks like the old 80s one.  :P

Greybriar

See what happens when we gamers get spoiled by the graphics in the newer games?  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.