It's Friday...what are you drinking while you game?

Started by Toonces, October 19, 2012, 11:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: W8taminute on December 20, 2012, 10:37:41 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 19, 2012, 02:05:03 PM
QuoteMy preference for green tea is Japanese Gyokuro. I'm sure you're well aware that bagged tea is crap. Get some decent quality green tea from Japan.

And you don't steep the tea - just flash brew it. Water about 90 - 95 celcius, pour it into the pot and then pour the pot into your tea cup. The character of the tea will change over four or five cups. If you don't want the caffeine just toss out the first pour.

do you know how I know youre gay?


First of all, who pllays N64 anymore?  And who in the history of console gaming ever held the controller by the middle appendage?  That in itself just screams gayness.

you dont see a lot of movies do you?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Toonces

I'm drinking beer tonight.

I did a full week of P90X and put in a 3 hours surf session today.  And I fell on almost every wave since I've been out of the water for about two weeks, so I paddled the equivalent of a 6 hour session.

I earned it.  Where's the beer drinking smiley?   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

 There is beer, and there is Dogfish Head:




Just a hunch, but I think that The Einherjar would approve.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Sweeeet!  I have an Irish beer sampler pack.  I like the Guiness, everything else is meh.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

A sip? Really? It comes in single dose ampules now?

Gone are the days of the mason jar with the screechy lid it would seem.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Oh hai, Talisker! Yes I will have another...and another...and...

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 11, 2013, 11:07:00 PM
A sip? Really? It comes in single dose ampules now?

Gone are the days of the mason jar with the screechy lid it would seem.

Ah, no. It's in a mason jar. But after a couple glasses of wine a sip (or two) is all I dare.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Toonces

I ended up drinking Capt. Morgan's instead of beer.

I feel a lot better after a night of drinking rum, and I do of drinking beer.  And WAY better than after drinking red wine.  I don't know what it is about red wine (I like the Yellowtail shiraz variants), but it just crushes me the next day.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on January 12, 2013, 01:51:05 PM
I ended up drinking Capt. Morgan's instead of beer.

I feel a lot better after a night of drinking rum, and I do of drinking beer.  And WAY better than after drinking red wine.  I don't know what it is about red wine (I like the Yellowtail shiraz variants), but it just crushes me the next day.

Sulfites. It could also be the tannins and histamines that are found in red wine.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

So this morning on the radio the local talk show guys were sipping and expounding on the joys of single malt scotch.  Over the last year or so I've been trying to develop a taste for whiskey and scotch, but I'm definitely a complete novice still.

At any rate, there's a fine liquors store right next to the place where we get take out pizza and tonight I decided to do some shopping.  I just cracked open a bottle of a single malt scotch called Speyburn.  The two reasons I picked it are 1) it's a single malt which I wanted to try and 2) it's bottled in Moray which is the province I play almost every time I start a game of CK2.  So it was win-win!

<takes a sip>

It's good.  I can tell I need to acquire a taste for it, though. 

I also got a bottle of locally made pineapple flavored Maui rum (80 proof).  Haven't tried it yet, but it had a little lei around the neck of the bottle so I'm sure it's awesome!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Speyburn is one of the great values in single malt scotch whisky  and is an amazingly high quality spirit given its price point. Fans of Speyside whiskies will be particularly impressed with this elegant dram and if you've never tried single malt scotch whisky before, Speyburn is a great place to start. Light, fruity and relatively complex with notes of gingerbread, apricot and orange marmalade, Speyburn will make a great addition to anyone's home bar.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Nothing has changed.  Coffee, black in a dirty mug. 

GDS_Starfury

Im just getting to my coffee now because someone, who shall remain nameless, threw a big red target in front of me first thing today.   >:(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.