Main Menu

Jade Empire

Started by Gusington, January 13, 2013, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Anyone played it? It has a reputation for being one of the weaker Bioware titles but it has caught my fancy.

Basically because I tried Ghost Master today and was underwhelmed, then tried Fallout: NV and want to wait a little longer 'til I start it (just not in the mood right now) and Dark Souls scares me.

So how is Jade Empire?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's pretty bleh. 

It's basically a console style fighting game with a very rudimentary RPG overlay and an alright story.


Play RoF or Chivalry damn it!

Gusington

^That's got to be some kind of record. Doesn't sound worth the 15.00.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I thought it was pretty decent if you are in a kung fu sort of mood.  It is the weakest Bioware RPG, but it's still entertaining. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2013, 08:10:17 PM
^That's got to be some kind of record. Doesn't sound worth the 15.00.

Definitely not worth $15 IMO.  I think I picked it up for about $5.  That was a reasonable price for it, I think.

Gusington

Now I'm torn. I guess I should have become interested in it during the holiday sale. I am in an Asian mood. Probably because I had dinner like an hour ago and it wasn't particularly filling. I'm now hungry again.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I think SDR is just grumpy tonight.  I've seen it go on sale occassionally in the past but I'd think the next time would be during the Steam summer sale.

Longdan

I got it for about 5 bux in the early part of the sale.
Have not played it yet (alert the media).
My daughter loves it but she love all Bioware stuff.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I have it on disc somewhere in a box.

Gusington

^We're still talking about Jade Empire right? Did you finish it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Yes Jade Empire on disc in a box and yes I finished it but that was several years ago I don't remember the story at all.  The story is very much on rails from what I remember and the combat was actually pretty decent.

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's been a while since I played it but it basically works like this.  You select from one of a half dozen or so pre-made characters.  The're classified as one of the following archtypes: fast, strong, magical, or a mix.  I think they each start off with a different fighting style as well or you may get to choose a fighting style when you start.  I can't remember exactly.  Fighting is 3rd person and ver similar to console type arcade fighters where timing and button combos are what win fights.  As you gain xp, you get to add perks/special moves to your fighting style

It's got a good/evil moral coice system very similar to the Bioware Star Wars games.  You can either choose to follow the Way of the Open Palm (hippy dippy Jedi) or the Way of the Fist (puppy raping Sith).

Graphics are very low polygon as it was out for the XBOX originally.

It's not a terrible game but it's kinda bleh.

Bison

I think that's SDR's way of calling me an idiot.  :P

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nah.  We just like different kinds of games.