Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Keunert, March 30, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 23, 2013, 12:17:44 AM
I just sold mine to re-buy the E-50.  it was a really hard choice between the E-50 (again) or getting the Jagdtiger.  I took the E-50 because Im really happy with were the Ferd is and dont want to be annoyed with the JT.  the Ferd is a great tank but it also shows how much crew skills can effect a game.

I upgraded to the JT and couldn't win a battle with it to save my life so sold it and went back to the Ferd. I also run a Panther 2 and could upgrade to the E-50. Is it worth it? Sound like you like it Star.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

FlickJax

I found the E50 tough going compared to my Patton but I do like my E50M

Slick Wilhelm

This is what Santa brought my 13 yr old son for Christmas this year. His exact words were "YES! This is so me!"  :)


FlickJax

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on January 23, 2013, 08:46:19 AM
This is what Santa brought my 13 yr old son for Christmas this year. His exact words were "YES! This is so me!"  :)



Nice do they do them in XXXL for us stout old fellows?

Windigo

Talking about tanks fitting a person's playing style. My Churchill III and my IS 7 seem to be my tanks that I have the most confidence in. The IS 7 is a total killing machine that can take hits and the Churchill is the same although you have to fire far more shots .
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

FlickJax

My current favourites are T29 and Comet.

Windigo

Quote from: FlickJax on January 23, 2013, 11:49:26 AM
My current favourites are T29 and Comet.

Comet with gold rounds can hand out the beating .... providing hard cover is close by as you never know when GPS is nearby putting a bullseye on your ammo rack.

Speaking of GPS I wonder if he realized that he killed my panther II about a month or so ago, it was quite a surprise as I was sniping and never saw him at all despite it being about 7 minutes into the game and he had 2 kills already. Took 800 off with one shot (ammo racked and fire)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Shelldrake on January 23, 2013, 07:59:08 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 23, 2013, 12:17:44 AM
I just sold mine to re-buy the E-50.  it was a really hard choice between the E-50 (again) or getting the Jagdtiger.  I took the E-50 because Im really happy with were the Ferd is and dont want to be annoyed with the JT.  the Ferd is a great tank but it also shows how much crew skills can effect a game.

I upgraded to the JT and couldn't win a battle with it to save my life so sold it and went back to the Ferd. I also run a Panther 2 and could upgrade to the E-50. Is it worth it? Sound like you like it Star.

Im mostly interested in seeing what the E-50M can do and I already had a trained E-50 crew in barracks with 2 skill upgrades.

Quote from: Windigo on January 23, 2013, 01:11:08 PM
Quote from: FlickJax on January 23, 2013, 11:49:26 AM
My current favourites are T29 and Comet.

Comet with gold rounds can hand out the beating .... providing hard cover is close by as you never know when GPS is nearby putting a bullseye on your ammo rack.

Speaking of GPS I wonder if he realized that he killed my panther II about a month or so ago, it was quite a surprise as I was sniping and never saw him at all despite it being about 7 minutes into the game and he had 2 kills already. Took 800 off with one shot (ammo racked and fire)

No I didnt realize that.  thats why I use one name for all of my games.  did I kill you with the Ferd or the E-75?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


RedArgo

Sometime lurker, first time poster  :)

Did anyone order else their free tier 10 tee shirt?  I can't figure out how to embed a picture, so I attached it.

It makes all the many, many hours and withstanding my wife's evil stare worth it to get my T110E5, I guess.  It is actually one of my least favorite tanks to drive though.  I like the KV-1 best I think.

Greybriar

Welcome to the GrogHeads forums, RedArgo.

Since I did not have a Tier 10 in my garage, I did not get a free T-shirt. I am happy to hear that you did though. Thanks for posting that picture.

I rarely use any of my vehicles that are Tier 7 or higher and spend my time using vehicles that are Tier 6 or less. They are much more affordable and make me a little money.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

RedArgo

I'm the same way, I play my tier 5 and 6 vehicles a lot more than my 8s or 10.  Seems like my level of skill is more suited to that level and its nice not losing 25k credits every time I die.

LongBlade

Quote from: RedArgo on January 23, 2013, 11:44:35 PM
Sometime lurker, first time poster  :)

Did anyone order else their free tier 10 tee shirt?  I can't figure out how to embed a picture, so I attached it.

It makes all the many, many hours and withstanding my wife's evil stare worth it to get my T110E5, I guess.  It is actually one of my least favorite tanks to drive though.  I like the KV-1 best I think.

Welcome, Red!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Greybriar

#59
Black Tom Weekend begins tomorrow morning:

Quote from: World of TanksTankers!

In honor of the formation of the US Tank Corps on January 26th in 1918, we've put together a solid set of discounts and bonuses to keep you tanking throughout the weekend. Crews will be earning double XP, two premium tanks are on sale, and a host of other vehicles will be earning 50-100% more credits in every match!

Black Tom Weekend will commence at 03:30 PST (11:30 UTC) on January 25, 2013 and will run through 03:00 PST (11:00 UTC) on January 28, 2013.
X2 Crew Experience
50% Credit Discount on Consumables
Discount on Premium Time

    Three days for 250 gold

50% Gold Discount for the Following Premium Vehicles:
III M22 Locust
V Ram II

+50% Credit Income for the Following Vehicles:
V M24 Chaffee
VI M12

+100% Credit Income for the Following Vehicles:
VI M36 Jackson
VII T25 AT
VI M4A3E8 Sherman
VII T20


Please keep in mind that selling any of the discounted vehicles above during the sale will yield only a 50% return of the sale price as credits.

I suggest not playing World of Tanks tonight so you won't miss out on the specials. That's what I am going to do.

Edit: I believe this will be the first WoT special wherein I own all the tanks which are recieving bonuses.  8)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.