Main Menu

The Chinese Navy

Started by GDS_Starfury, January 26, 2013, 12:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jejo68

Its inherently stupid to think you are invincible now and in the future. to many empires thought that are now in ruins.

Also dont underestimate the resolve of the chinese to be able to dominate their area of influence in say 20-30 years,
They are already changing both equipment and doctrines to fight modern battles.

LongBlade

Of course you guys are correct: we are not invincible.

But we have pretty much perfected the art of destroying standing armies. Chasing insurgents around the hills? Different story.

And, yes, China may be a real problem in the mid-future.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: jejo68 on January 29, 2013, 04:41:23 PM
Its inherently stupid to think you are invincible now and in the future. to many empires thought that are now in ruins.

Also dont underestimate the resolve of the chinese to be able to dominate their area of influence in say 20-30 years,
They are already changing both equipment and doctrines to fight modern battles.

the catch here is that they seem to be preparing for a central european type fight.  now we're shown in 2 gulf wars that thats a fight we can win.  especially when the technology gap is so great.  as an example, the Chinese are just figuring out how to land on carriers.  our next carrier will have electormagnetic launch and recover gear and shortly thereafter have direct energy defence weapons.  the Chinese are still ramping up operations with J-10s while we try to get our 4th generation stealth aircraft up and running.  the Chinese dont have the power projection to take Tiawan.  we operating globally and have been for over 60 years.
are we invincible?  no but we're really damn good at dominating a battlespace and no ones invading our territory with an army.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Longdan

The day of the Carrier Battlegroup may be passing and there goes power projection.
I never worry about quiet confidence but the same people make the same mistakes over and over
again.  You believe your own press and your own legends and that cannot be good.  Once again
I draw your attention to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002 .  There are some
harsh lessons in there that nobody wants to learn.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

GDS_Starfury

and what makes you think the CVBG is getting outdated?
whats your original thought on the matter?  no links to articles or websites.
I want to hear what YOU think dan.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

perhaps dan you should post a wiki article about an exercise that happened 11 years ago again.
hell... go for broke and quote Wargames.  thats about the depth of your ability.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.



Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

isnt that idea what people were fearing the Japanese were doing in the 80s?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


eyebiter

When the Chinese economy finally implodes there will be a mass exodus of their wealthy looking to emigrate to the US.  Foreigners who make a half million dollar investment in a business in a rural area can qualify for a visa. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EB-5_visa

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 29, 2013, 08:16:02 PMno ones invading our territory with an army.

well, we do have moats on two sides - no invasions there
Canada to the north - no invasions there
Mexico to the south - no army invading from there
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 30, 2013, 06:52:19 AM
....
Canada to the north - no invasions there
....

Hey, the complacency plan is working....  ;)