Main Menu

Snowmageddon!

Started by mirth, February 07, 2013, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: TheCommandTent on February 09, 2013, 09:53:03 AM
We didn't get nearly as much as they said we would in my area (not that I'm complaining) with the wind blow and drifting the snow it is hard to tell exactly but we got some where in the 7-9 inch range.

Hope the rest of you guys stay safe and report in when you can. 

I think it is still snowing in parts of New England so they aren't out of the woods yet.  The rest of us still have the high winds to worry about as well.

I just want to list all the grogs who were affected so we make sure we get an update from them all when they are able.

JH -
Gus -
mirth - checked in, has power, windy, still snowing
Centurion40 - checked in, has power, still snowing, windy
Staggerwing - checked in, no power
W8taminute - checked in, has power
Tuna - checked in, has power


If I missed anyone let me know.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

Jarhead is GTG.  He's inside, feet up, work done and gaming ahead.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

#92
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 11:35:15 AM
Jarhead is GTG.  He's inside, feet up, work done and gaming ahead.

Thanks, just saw that.  Just waiting to hear from Gus.


JH - checked in, has power
Gus -
mirth - checked in, has power, still snowing
Centurion40 - checked in, has power, still snowing
Staggerwing - checked in, no power, has power
W8taminute - checked in, has power
Tuna - checked in, has power
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

#93
Frakk Yeah!
-Power just came back on! I really really REALLY hope it stays. The branches around here are all pointed down with heavy snow. The whole thing is quite beautiful to see despite the threat of more outages. I'll try to put up some pix later when I've caught up with getting the house back in order. Glad to hear the rest of you are good, excepting Mrs' W8's car  :( and Gus' illness  :(.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 09, 2013, 11:59:43 AM
Frakk Yeah!
-Power just came back on! I really really REALLY hope it stays. The branches around here are all pointed down with heavy snow. The whole thing is quite beautiful to see despite the threat of more outages. I'll try to put up some pix later when I've caught up with getting the house back in order. Glad to hear the rest of you are good, excepting Mrs' W8's car  :( and Gus' illness  :(.


Great news Stagger!  Since we only got about 8in here the strong wind has blown most of the snow off the branches but the wind is still worrisome.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: W8taminute on February 09, 2013, 10:56:48 AM
The travel ban is still in effect.  Anyone caught driving on any road will be subject up to 1 year in jail and a $500 fine.

OK, that's a bit extreme.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Great news about the power SW.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

Put the Ariens through it's paces, did four driveways, power is on and the worst seems to be over!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

Well here is your terminal:

TAF CYHZ 091738Z 0918/1018 04018G28KT 21/2SM -SN -FZRA BLSN OVC010
TEMPO 0918/0919 3/4SM -SN BLSN VV006
FM091900 03018G28KT 3SM -SN BLSN OVC015 TEMPO 0919/0924 3/4SM -SN
BLSN VV006
BECMG 0922/0924 36020G35KT
FM100000 26020G35KT 3/4SM -SN BLSN VV006 TEMPO 1000/1007 3SM -SN
BLSN OVC012
FM100700 36020G30KT 2SM -SN BLSN OVC020
FM101000 34025G40KT 5SM -SN BLSN OVC025
FM101300 34015G30KT P6SM BKN025

Snow continuing all afternoon with lessening intensity,  Getting more windy.  Snow continues but drops off until finally quitting
in the early AM tomorrow.  Might be some sunny breaks Sunday morning.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 09, 2013, 01:34:14 PM
Put the Ariens through it's paces, did four driveways, power is on and the worst seems to be over!


Nice hat! :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Longdan

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 09, 2013, 01:35:06 PM
Dammed iPad pictures!

I don't know about that.  I remember everything in Nova Scotia looking that way.
Nice to see you've got you grandad out working.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Shelldrake

Been out to shovel once already but the snow and wind seem to have picked up again. Damn but I wish I had 40 Cent's snowblaster!

Glad to hear that your wife is ok after her mishap W8taminute.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell