Main Menu

Snowmageddon!

Started by mirth, February 07, 2013, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Take it easy boys, and keep your assets warm ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 09, 2013, 02:44:15 PM
Been out to shovel once already but the snow and wind seem to have picked up again. Damn but I wish I had 40 Cent's snowblaster!

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 09, 2013, 02:44:15 PM
Been out to shovel once already but the snow and wind seem to have picked up again. Damn but I wish I had 40 Cent's snowblaster!

Glad to hear that your wife is ok after her mishap W8taminute.

If ya lived nearby (as in a 5 minute walk!), I'd put the Ariens to work on your driveway too!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 09, 2013, 02:44:15 PM
Been out to shovel once already but the snow and wind seem to have picked up again. Damn but I wish I had 40 Cent's snowblaster!



Well played.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

Quote from: TheCommandTent on February 09, 2013, 01:47:20 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on February 09, 2013, 01:34:14 PM
Put the Ariens through it's paces, did four driveways, power is on and the worst seems to be over!


Nice hat! :)

True! ;D  I remember shoveling snow in one very much like it... How the neighbors would stare and then look away quickly when I caught them... sigh. I loved that hat :-\
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Looks like we heard from everyone.   Glad everyone came out ok.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

We got about 2 feet. Power never went out. Went sledding down my driveway with the kids, then shoveled it out, then went to the in laws to shovel them out, then went for a run. Now watching my kids again while The Wife is at the gym and getting food for dinner. If I can stay awake I will try to finish Dishonored later.

W8 sorry about your wife's car. Where in God's name do you live?

Good to see all present and accounted for. I recommend everyone buy a Subaru. Mine glided through the drifts like it was on rails. A marvel of cold weather engineering!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

^I'd love to find a low-milage Subaru Baja. In days of old I owned a  78 Brat (the bulldog looking one, not the wedge-shaped front) and I count it as My #1 fav car. My 94 Cherokee Sport was #2 and my 81 Scirocco S was #3.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Longdan

I had a Chevy that would start reliably at -62C but it got shot by accident.
It didn't stay on the road all that well but I was pretty drunk
and the roads were really much too crooked.  And the trees were too close.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 04:32:25 PM
We got about 2 feet. Power never went out. Went sledding down my driveway with the kids, then shoveled it out, then went to the in laws to shovel them out, then went for a run. Now watching my kids again while The Wife is at the gym and getting food for dinner. If I can stay awake I will try to finish Dishonored later.

W8 sorry about your wife's car. Where in God's name do you live?

Good to see all present and accounted for. I recommend everyone buy a Subaru. Mine glided through the drifts like it was on rails. A marvel of cold weather engineering!

I am seriously considering a Subaru as my car is on borrow time now.  I don't want to buy new and there are not alot of pre-owned options in my area.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

^Do it!!! You won't regret it. I almost bought a Baja when I got my Subaru but The Wife ruled it 'too ugly.' I should have got it, it would have been perfect for me.

If I could find a 1978 Subaru Brat that wasn't totally rusted out I would buy it, and haul wood and kegs of beer in the back.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:26:24 PM
^Do it!!! You won't regret it. I almost bought a Baja when I got my Subaru but The Wife ruled it 'too ugly.' I should have got it, it would have been perfect for me.

If I could find a 1978 Subaru Brat that wasn't totally rusted out I would buy it, and haul wood and kegs of beer in the back.

Funny you should mention hauling kegs of beer in a Brat... Perhaps already tapped and with two beer-wenches riding in the back?

I'll have to confess here that I spent significant of my twenties prototyping Star's lifestyle, only designed for rural New England. There was much beer, road trips, MILFy and DILFy off-duty nurses, rock clubs, and various combinations of some or all of the aforementioned. It all came to a screeching halt when my first was born. Except for the beer  :)

It all seems like a past-life memory manifestation to me now.  :-\
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 09, 2013, 05:24:47 PM
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6020341&cm_re=gl-trucksandothervehicles2-carousel-_-item-4

I much prefer my dad's truck





And no that is not this storm.  Believe it or not that was taken in NC in Jan. of 2002 after a "big" snow for that area.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

^Want!

That thing is great! I don't recognize it though, what is it?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys