Papers please............

Started by undercovergeek, April 24, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Customs officer/border guard check sim hilarity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqLFFEX4Obg

looks great but i dont know how long i could play!

Jarhead0331

Its great...at first...starts to get a little old after awhile.  Also, it gets really hard to feed your family and keep them warm and healthy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2013, 04:45:58 PM
Its great...at first...starts to get a little old after awhile.  Also, it gets really hard to feed your family and keep them warm and healthy.

how long did you give it? it looks like a great time waster but surely once youre in the groove it becomes pretty run of the mill?

Jarhead0331

I probably played for about 45 minutes to an hour before it started to get pretty old and repetitive.  During that time, you are granted more authority and more investigative tools, but it all only goes so far.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


tgb

I played around with it a bit, but spent so much time learning the mechanics I was never able to support my family.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: tgb on April 24, 2013, 07:21:31 PM
I played around with it a bit, but spent so much time learning the mechanics I was never able to support my family.

sounds like being married.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Nefaro

A hilarious gameplay vid series from some guy who ends up using a fake Russian accent.   I don't even own the game (yet?), but this gets to be comedy gold after he gets on a roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BCPESPSsXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CtECB6ilo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GztX17pOFlQ

etc etc..

Makes me wanna pick it up because that's exactly the kind of attitude that would be going through my mind while playing.  ;D

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2013, 05:23:53 PM
I probably played for about 45 minutes to an hour before it started to get pretty old and repetitive.  During that time, you are granted more authority and more investigative tools, but it all only goes so far.

It starts to get a little different after the 1 hour mark. They begin throwing some curveballs with terrorists, human-traffickers, ethical quandaries (like do you risk feeding your family to aid a woman seeking asylum who doesn't have the proper papers), and some interesting new elements.

But I can't help feeling that there is a heavy-handed message that permeates the entire game, to the point that I think the story is more important than the actual actions. I think that is purposely impossible to feed your family and keep people alive and healthy.

I haven't "beaten" it yet, though. It got way more complicated suddenly and I found myself taking way too much time on each entrant. 
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

JudgeDredd

That is HILARIOUS!

I love that kind of "review".

Have to say though - what a crap looking game!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 16, 2013, 11:24:37 AM


Have to say though - what a crap looking game!

I think it's supposed to look dreary.  Fits the setting quite well, Comrade. 

Glory to Arisztotzka!  :D