The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing

Started by Nefaro, May 19, 2013, 12:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Diablo-style ARPG coming out Wednesday.

Anyone know something about it other than the feature list?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215530/


I see mention of a "tower defense" style mode - I hope that's not the main focus.  ???

Bison

Yeah I'm watching this one too.  Curious to see what the price will be since they haven't seen fit to advertise that yet.

Tpek

I've been eying this as well.
Hope it turns out to be above mediocre.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on May 19, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
Yeah I'm watching this one too.  Curious to see what the price will be since they haven't seen fit to advertise that yet.

First, Thundarr the Barbarian - I thought I was the only person that remembered this show!

Second, Rock, Paper, Shotgun ran an interesting article on Van Helsing a little bit back. All I really got from it was that you can customize your sexy ghost friend. But the game did look rather interesting and I do love ARPGs.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

Quote from: Bison on May 19, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
Yeah I'm watching this one too.  Curious to see what the price will be since they haven't seen fit to advertise that yet.

Didn't notice this, so sorry.
The price is 15$.
At least according to Gamersgate :P

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on May 20, 2013, 05:07:19 AM
Quote from: Bison on May 19, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
Yeah I'm watching this one too.  Curious to see what the price will be since they haven't seen fit to advertise that yet.

Didn't notice this, so sorry.
The price is 15$.
At least according to Gamersgate :P

A pricepoint like that makes me wonder just how much content it comes with.  Will it be just another short 10- or 12-hour title?

I love Neocore's King Arthur Role-playing Wargame and hope they brought some interesting stuff to the table with this one.  AND it's not of demo length.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2013, 05:50:35 AM
Quote from: Tpek on May 20, 2013, 05:07:19 AM
Quote from: Bison on May 19, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
Yeah I'm watching this one too.  Curious to see what the price will be since they haven't seen fit to advertise that yet.

Didn't notice this, so sorry.
The price is 15$.
At least according to Gamersgate :P

A pricepoint like that makes me wonder just how much content it comes with.  Will it be just another short 10- or 12-hour title?

I love Neocore's King Arthur Role-playing Wargame and hope they brought some interesting stuff to the table with this one.  AND it's not of demo length.

Not to ruin your day, but 10-12 hour gameplay is pretty long these days :(
Most 50$+ games have only 9 hours in them at max.

Bison

Well here is some information on the game.  It's play time is 10+ hrs depending on play style.  It's part 1 of 3.  The additional 2 parts are seperate games.  They will do micro DLC.  When did Neocore get dropped by Paradox?  Their offical forums are pretty dead and given the drop in support for KA2 almost immediately.    I'm not so sure about this one now. 

http://forum.neocoregames.com/index.php?/topic/484-trilogy-question/

Gusington

I've been looking forward to this too but like others have said the drop of Neocore between KA1 and KA2 gives me pause. From the the trailers it definitely looks like fun but I will wait and see.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

http://www.devblog.neocoregames.com/

Seems you can pre-order directly from the devs to get into the beta.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on May 20, 2013, 05:59:34 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2013, 05:50:35 AM


A pricepoint like that makes me wonder just how much content it comes with.  Will it be just another short 10- or 12-hour title?

I love Neocore's King Arthur Role-playing Wargame and hope they brought some interesting stuff to the table with this one.  AND it's not of demo length.

Not to ruin your day, but 10-12 hour gameplay is pretty long these days :(
Most 50$+ games have only 9 hours in them at max.

Naa.. it's common for first-person shooters.  Sure. 

When it comes to ARPGs or strategy games, 10 hours is nothing.  Especially for RPGs. 

If the game itself is any good, I hope their later additions have more than 10 hours each.   Hell.. even Diablo 3 took me about 15 hours to play the first time through.. and I felt as if the thing had ended before reaching a halfway point.

Oh well.. at least there'll be more.  Will suck just gettin' rolling and have to stop before long and wait on future DLC.   That could mean the future ones inevitably get relegated to the bottom of the "to play" pile.  :-[

From what I personally experienced of the Neocore-Paradox communication, it wasn't going too well.  They certainly weren't on the same page there for a time, when some of us had distributor update issues on KARPWG.  It was a mess, but it eventually got sorted despite the odd finger pointing.   I'm willing to give them the benefit this time.

Tpek

D3 was pretty short.
Also, it was a 70$ game. This one is only 15$ and not made by the biggest and most "evil" company, Activision-Blizzard. :P

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on May 20, 2013, 03:34:38 PM
D3 was pretty short.
Also, it was a 70$ game. This one is only 15$ and not made by the biggest and most "evil" company, Activision-Blizzard. :P

Indeed.  That's why I'll still pick up the Van Helsing thing.  But I kinda wish they'd waited and thrown together the first two for more content. 

Diablo 3 was definitely too short - my primary complaint.  The pricing for such a short rpg was what really put some weight behind that complaint.  Something as open and long as an Elder Scrolls title might be worth that but 15 hours is sad.  At least Neocore has priced theirs accordingly.

Gusington

Looking forward to impressions...really hope it's decent, it has a lot of potential and I've been looking forward to it for a while.

Isn't the biggest and most evil company EA?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd