Main Menu

State of Decay

Started by RooksBailey, May 27, 2013, 02:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Yes...yes...we're all sick of zombies by now.  But this is one of the few zombie games that still seems really interesting.  It reminds me of Saints Row...but with zombies instead of hookers.   :D



Part 2:



QuoteAn Evolving World

State of Decay is an open sandbox world that develops in real-time, dynamically generating content based on your actions, the choices you make, and the ever-increasing zombie threat. Decide where you'd like to set up a fortified safe haven for you and other survivors you've rescued, then form raiding parties to gather resources and create supply chains. Use the materials you've gathered to develop your community as you see fit, but be careful — resources will deplete as you pillage areas, and zombies are attracted to noise and activity. Take up the offensive by assaulting hordes before they reach your settlement, or focus on improving your defenses against the massed zombie attacks. Every choice and every action matter in this fully simulated, evolving world.

The Xbox version is set for release in June, so PC can't be far behind!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Steelgrave

I am actually not sick of zombies. Bring it on  8)

jomni

#2
DRM = Windows LIVE? 

Grimnirsson

That they removed the planned coop feature is a big fail, though.  >:(
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

RooksBailey

Some more info here:



Have to admit: it sounds like it might be quite good.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

eyebiter

The base building aspect looks cool.

TheCommandTent

It does look very interesting.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

RooksBailey

Looks like we have a real hit on our hands:

Over Half a Million State of Decay Paid Downloads; Fastest Selling Original Game on XBLA


QuoteWhat's next for "State of Decay?"

We're currently working on a PC version for release on Steam. Fortunately it's been in development alongside the Xbox 360 version since Day 1, so we just need to integrate with the Steam platform and add native support for keyboard and mouse control. We'll also continue to issue Title Updates at a fast pace to refine game balance and fix bugs.

Beyond that, we're laying plans for the future of "State of Decay" right now. There's an incredibly sophisticated simulation engine driving the world of "State of Decay" — we call it FateEngine — and it gives us a platform to do much more with the game. For a start, I can tell you we're working on a sandbox mode designed to be a pure survival simulation. Beyond that, all I can say is we pay very close attention to what fans of the game are asking for, and their needs will largely guide our development priorities, so stay tuned.

Looking forward to it!

It is also nice to see devs committed to the long term support of their product.  These guys are posting almost daily updates about patches, new features, etc.  That counts for a lot with me.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Kushan

Been playing the demo on my 360, loving it so far. The only thing holding me back for buying it is that I'm not really a console gamer and am not really comfortable with a controller.

Quote from: Grimnirsson on May 27, 2013, 03:32:41 AM
That they removed the planned coop feature is a big fail, though.  >:(

Not really. Sure it would be cool, but I think it would lose something by turning it into a co-op game.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RooksBailey

#9
Looks like the PC community will finally get their chance to give this well received game a shot...probably in time for Halloween, too (what a coincidence  :) ):

Greetings, PC Players! The Steam Release Date Is…

QuoteTomorrow.

Let me back up a little: Greetings, PC players! Our Early Access version hits Steam on Friday, September 20th.

The price is twenty bucks, same as the Xbox 360 version. Those willing to throw in with us at Undead Labs and your fellow early adopters will automatically get the final version, completely free, with no need to restart, when we officially launch later this year.

What you’ll see this Friday, if you choose to join forces with us to make the PC version kick ass, is a test version. It’s not ready to be reviewed. It will not be perfect. It may still have crashes. What it won’t have is a keyboard and mouse interface…not at first. Why not? Over the next however many weeks, we will be putting up versions of the keyboard interface and using your comments and feedback to make it awesome. Right this minute, the Early Access version requires an Xbox 360 controller (or a compatible 3rd-party controller, although we haven’t done much testing with those yet).

This process is not for everyone. Casual players, the easily frustrated, and the short of time should NOT get the Early Access version. Hey, I am all three of those things, y’all. Those are not criticisms. It’s just that we want everyone to have the experience that best suits their needs. You all deserve the best, so if you’re not into giving feedback, just wait a few months and play the final version after we make it great.

And it will be great, with the help of the rest of you — the hardcore early adopters that made State of Decay into something huge.

Who’s in?

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 27, 2013, 02:03:10 AM
Yes...yes...we're all sick of zombies by now. 

what forum do ya think yer posting on man?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Nefaro

Is this a First-Person RPG?  Or just a shooter?

Grimnirsson

Third person view and no it's not just a shooter, it's meant as a zombie survial sim and though not perfect, it's definitely the step into the right direction. Good game
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Tpek


Tpek

Damn the game is hard!
The zombies are endless, and are very very active during the night (and really roused up by a couple of gunshots if I might add).
Plus Melee weapons break every second and are rather rare.