More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Dolan50

#106
You can entrench your tanks and APCs.Which is almost like an armored pillbox but with the added ability to pull out later if you don't like the initial positioning though they won't be able to entrench again elsewhere during the battle.

Here's a few screen shots of entrenched tanks.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

sandman2575

Dolan, do the entrenched tanks in Sword of Prophet stay put?  In Op Star, entrenched vehicles have the extremely annoying habit of backing out of their trenches as soon as they spot an enemy (...thus nullifying the point of the trench in the first place).  I've tried everything to prevent this, like giving them a very, very narrow firing arc, but nothing works. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've found that if they try to back out, issuing a "defence" order and clicking on the entrenchment will get them back into place and have them stay put unless they panic.

sandman2575

Interesting... I will definitely give that a try --

Dolan50

#112
QuoteDolan, do the entrenched tanks in Sword of Prophet stay put?  In Op Star, entrenched vehicles have the extremely annoying habit of backing out of their trenches as soon as they spot an enemy (...thus nullifying the point of the trench in the first place).  I've tried everything to prevent this, like giving them a very, very narrow firing arc, but nothing works.

That's never really been a problem for me since I very rarely entrench my tanks unless they are out of gas or immobilized beyond repair.

I've seen this happen with HMGs though.
I think it has to do with the fact that if your gun wants to target enemy units outside of its original covered arc(90 degrees I think,not sure mostly a guess)then it will have to displace from the entrenchment to do so.

I think this because the dirt from the entrenchment is piled up around the entrenchment except for where your covered arc is so you are not able to traverse your gun inside the entrenchment to engage  outside of this arc.
This seems to be abstracted and not graphically apparent.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Discounts - 50%
APOS @ DLC 1,2,3,4,5,6
Period from May,29 to May,31 2013

*"Achtung Panzer:Operation Star"(eng)
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-APOS/achtung-panzer-operation-star

* DLC-1 - "APOS:Sokolovo 1943"(eng)(march 2013)
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-APOSS1943/achtung-panzer-operation-star-sokolovo-1943

* DLC-2 – "APOS:Volokonovka 1942"(eng)(march 2013)
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-APOSV1942/achtung-panzer-operation-star-volokonovka-1942-summer

* DLC-3 – "APOS:Krasnaya Polayana"(eng)(march 2013)
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-APOSKP/achtung-panzer-operation-star-krasnaya-polyana

* DLC4 – "GTOS: High Rezolution Textures"(eng $ rus)(march 2013)
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DLC-APOSGTHR...textures-pack-1

* DLC5 – "Graviteam Tactics: Operation Hooper"(eng)(march 2013)
http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-APOSGTOH/graviteam-tactics-operation-hooper

* DLC6 - "Graviteam Tactics: Shield of the Prophet"
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-APOSGTSP/graviteam-tactics-shield-of-the-prophet

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

jomni

ok what do I need to buy to get Operation Hooper and Shield to work?

Dolan50

#115
Achtung Panzer Operation Star(Core Game)
Once you have purchased the core game APOS you need to update the game so it will accept the new DLCs
These patches and game engine updates are available at gamersgate
without charge.

gtos_cu_581_eng
apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng
gtos_patch_march13c4_eng

Though I'm not sure about gtos_cu_581_eng, the latest is c1, but what this is...

The order is: core update (gtos_cu_581_eng (c1?)) - first, patch (gtos_patch_march13c4_eng) - second, everything else - after these.

So,1)base game-APOS 2) update and patch 3) then add the Op Hooper and Shield of the Prophet DLCs next in the updater.No particular order is required for the DLCs.

PS-By default these updates and patches will try to install in (x86)program files do not let them(The game will not work from here) install everything in your C programs in new folder.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

jomni

#116
Quote from: Dolan50 on May 30, 2013, 05:57:40 PM
Achtung Panzer Operation Star(Core Game)
Once you have purchased the core game APOS you need to update the game so it will accept the new DLCs
These patches and game engine updates are available at gamersgate
without charge.

gtos_cu_581_eng
apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng
gtos_patch_march13c4_eng

Though I'm not sure about gtos_cu_581_eng, the latest is c1, but what this is...

The order is: core update (gtos_cu_581_eng (c1?)) - first, patch (gtos_patch_march13c4_eng) - second, everything else - after these.

So,1)base game-APOS 2) update and patch 3) then add the Op Hooper and Shield of the Prophet DLCs next in the updater.No particular order is required for the DLCs.

PS-By default these updates and patches will try to install in (x86)program files do not let them(The game will not work from here) install everything in your C programs in new folder.

Thanks for the clear instructions.  Honestly, not going through with the purchase after reading this went through my mind.  But I will pull the trigger nevertheless (I think).

-budd-

Hey Dolan,

What's your build number and version? Mine says 2170 , mar 13 c2 patch?  i installed the c4 patch, funny the screen says c2. I' don't own the new DLC's yet and i'm not sure about them. I prefer WW2, and watching the vids and looking at the screenshots I'm just not sure the terrain interests me. the sale might be hard to pass up but it seems like the battles would be straight up slug fests at longer ranges[sand storm not withstanding] No flank surprises either way. curious which one of the newer DLC's people prefer and why.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Having played around with Shield of the Prophet quite a bit, I have to agree that the terrain is the weakest feature of that particular DLC. The flat desert terrain really does limit the usefulness of infantry in battles.  Most battles tend to be shooting matches between tanks (Soviet BMPs can hold their own.  BRDMs and Iranian M113s are worthless). You might want to have a look at Operation Hooper.  The terrain on that map is a little more interesting and varied and the South African gear is interesting.

Also, if you do buy the DLCs, you can use the WWII maps and generate quick battles using modern gear on them.


-budd-

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 30, 2013, 08:09:27 PM

Also, if you do buy the DLCs, you can use the WWII maps and generate quick battles using modern gear on them.

That has definite possibilities. Thx
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.