Graviteam Games Question

Started by JudgeDredd, July 05, 2013, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

$7.00 on GG right now.

I dunno. On one hand $7.00 ain't that much. I really like the franchise and want them to continue to put out stuff (Mius Front looks like it's going to be excellent!).  On the other hand, I'm just not that interested in a very small scale, infantry skirmish campaign DLC with very little in the way of new content other than a map, some Chinese skins, and a few small arms.

Still dithering over whether or not to purchase.  Shame I spent all my blue coins on HOI3 and CK2 DLC.

mikeck

Well, is a be map for quick battles worth $7? I Haven't seen the maps on the new DLC but some of the screenshots look like it would be pretty cool Rolling hills and grassy terrain...
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2013, 08:48:22 AM
FWIW, Graviteam Tactics: Zhalanashkol 1969 has apparently been released.

No purchase for you. you already spent your allotted gaming money on horizons
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

#48
Hi, why can't Graviteam Tactics use desktop resolution in 3D map mode in my system?
How to fix this?




Silent Disapproval Robot

Go into your GFX card software settings and disable anti-aliasing then try starting the game again.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 16, 2013, 07:08:46 PM
Go into your GFX card software settings and disable anti-aliasing then try starting the game again.

Damn!  That looks terrible.

I take it the game engine doesn't play well with AA forced on?   I recall the "Sharpen" game setting to have a similar effect but I dunno what type of AA it may be or if it's something else entirely.

jomni

#51
Well it didn't work.  >:(
Any more leads?

I also had this in steel armor but solved it for some reason that I don't remember now.

Actually it was working fine until I installed the DLC.

jomni

This is getting frustrating.  Totally not playable for me.

mikeck

So even though you set it in game "options" to play at 1650x1280 or whatever, it's playing at 1024x768?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

I seem to recall some in-game setting(s) having to be turned off, for some people, in the series.  But no idea what it was exactly.

Maybe something to do with post-processing/FX stuff?

Thomasew

#55
Hi,


I had the same problem, .. and no matter what I did, .. I couldn't get my resolution back to 1920x1200, .. until ...

... I uninstalled 'Air Display' ..  the iPad display software.

Once I did that, .. everything worked fine again .. i.e. 1920x1200 ..  :D

'Air Display' was throwing my monitor numbering out, .. and APOS/GTOS/SABOW were trying to display based on my iPad 'Air Display' settings.  :(

I'm not sure if there is a setting within APOS/GTOS/SABOW that would allow you to specify which monitor to display on. I didn't bother trying to find out, as I haven't bothered to re-install 'Air Display'.  :P

Cheers
Tom


He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on July 17, 2013, 11:48:01 AM
I seem to recall some in-game setting(s) having to be turned off, for some people, in the series.  But no idea what it was exactly.

Maybe something to do with post-processing/FX stuff?

  Thread on Graviteam possibly touching near this topic:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11083.0


Tuna

Jomni being a pilot probably has Air Display!

WallysWorld

That was I who started the topic on Graviteam's forum.

You cannot implement AA in the game or through nVidia Inspector. There's a setting in-game called 'Sharpen', but it doesn't turn on AA.
So instead I play APOS using downsampling for nVidia. Basically I created a new resolution at 2560x1440 (even though my display's default in 1920x1080) and set APOS's resolution in-game to 2560x1440. The game itself looks way better using this downsampling technique. I also use the same technique for Theatre of War.

Though I don't think downsampling helps with jomni's issue.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

mikeck

Seeing as how the game uses the worlds most complex patching system, I expect complications everywhere
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson