Grigsby future plans: A possible return to Steel Panthers

Started by vyshka, July 24, 2013, 08:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

vyshka

I didn't see this when I took a quick look at the forums, but this came up at Historicon:

The Future: War in the ... and beyond
•   War in the East 2.0 - a remake of War in the East using the War in the West engine and new map system (another building block foe the mega game).
•   War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med)
•   War in the West 1941-43 (Mediterranean)
•   War in Europe - the largest game ever conceived!
•   World at War: A World Divided – iPad
•   Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - Gary mentioned Steel Panthers was the game he most enjoyed creating in his career.

Staggerwing

Quote from: vyshka on July 24, 2013, 08:39:06 PM

•   Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - Gary mentioned Steel Panthers was the game he most enjoyed creating in his career.

:o :o Someone please pass me the smelling salts... no, down here. On the floor.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

It'll be new code from the ground up.

Quite welcome, too.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Boggit

Quote from: LongBlade on July 24, 2013, 08:59:56 PM
It'll be new code from the ground up.

Quite welcome, too.
Depending on how it's done, this could be massively entertaining.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Grim.Reaper

Based on the list of items ahead of it and how often they put out new stuff, how many years would it be before it would even see the light of day?  Seems like it could be a tad bit....

jomni

I have WITE.  So I will just skip WITE2 and WITW and wait for War in Europe.  Will we ever see that come to light?

Sir Slash

We gotta do something to keep that man alive for another 30 years at least. I'll donate a kidney.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

magnus

 Thank heaven I wasn't drinking when I was reading this thread.

I almost fell out of the chair from the kidney remark.

I can see it now. " Grogheads used body parts for Authors and game programmers we need to keep alive ". " Donate a kidney and get a free mug".

bob48

^ROFL.

I've got something I don't use very often that I could donate.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

SgtRock

WOW, a new Steel Panthers game! The question is when, it seems like his War in Series is going to take the next 5 - 8 years to complete! His War in Europe game 1939-1945, weekly turns at 10mi per hex might take 3-4 years by itself.

Looking forward to War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med)  & War in the Med 1941-43.

Will we still have PC's in another 10 years?

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on July 25, 2013, 11:30:32 AM
^ROFL.

I've got something I don't use very often that I could donate.
Can I borrow it bob - I broke mine  :D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek


LongBlade

Quote from: magnus on July 25, 2013, 11:27:44 AM
Thank heaven I wasn't drinking when I was reading this thread.

I almost fell out of the chair from the kidney remark.

I can see it now. " Grogheads used body parts for Authors and game programmers we need to keep alive ". " Donate a kidney and get a free mug".

I smell a new Kickstarter project.

Wait until they unlock an extra brain!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 25, 2013, 01:23:46 PM
Quote from: bob48 on July 25, 2013, 11:30:32 AM
^ROFL.

I've got something I don't use very often that I could donate.
Can I borrow it bob - I broke mine  :D

You can....but its a bit....knackered....
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!