Have you Pre-Ordered Europa Universalis IV?

Started by republic, August 03, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

Going to pre-order today... just trying to decide where from.  Was going with GG for the discount and Blue Coins.... but not sure.

PE

Barthheart

Just about pre-ordered from GG today for the 10% off....
But I going to hold off for sale. SDR's HOI AAR made me buy the whole shebang while it was on sale and I think between CiV and HOI III that's about all the time sinks I can handle for a while.

Of course reading all yer reports of playing EU IV will make this a very difficult task.  :P

Grim.Reaper

Just remember that I believe the CK2 converter you will get depends on where you pre-purchase.  Therefore, if your original CK2 game was from GG, then would have to get it from there.  If your original CK2 game was from Steam, then you can pre purchase from any of the steam providers....to the best of my knowledge for steam, Gamefly is still the cheapest.

Grim.Reaper

Just FYI, today they posted the release time.

"The game will go live at 9AM EST, which is about 15.00 in the afternoon Swedish time. (on the 13th of August) "

tgb

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 05, 2013, 06:13:57 PM
Just FYI, today they posted the release time.

"The game will go live at 9AM EST, which is about 15.00 in the afternoon Swedish time. (on the 13th of August) "

That would surprise me.  Other than the occasional AAA title, Steam releases at 1PM EST as a rule.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on August 05, 2013, 07:27:03 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 05, 2013, 06:13:57 PM
Just FYI, today they posted the release time.

"The game will go live at 9AM EST, which is about 15.00 in the afternoon Swedish time. (on the 13th of August) "

That would surprise me.  Other than the occasional AAA title, Steam releases at 1PM EST as a rule.

Posted by Johan today in the developer's diary....can only go by what he says:)  Either time I will be at work, so can't play until the night anyway.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?705890-Europa-Universalis-IV-Developer-diary-45-A-very-small-development-diary

tgb

Yes, I saw Johan's post. I'm just saying I have never seen a game unlock on Steam at 9AM Eastern time.  That's why I would be surprised if Valve made an exception for EU IV.

Martok

Maybe he was just referring to the release on GamersGate? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Martok on August 06, 2013, 02:14:07 AM
Maybe he was just referring to the release on GamersGate?

I am pretty sure that regardless where you buy it the game is only available for use on steam.  I believe the only difference buying at gamersgate is you get the gamersgate version of the ck2 converter.

Tuna

My 14 year old just had me pre-order to his ID today.. no discount, cause we bought our EUIIII on GG. He wanted Steam, because that is where our CK2 is from..

I wonder if the convert 'really' cared where you bought it from!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on August 07, 2013, 07:06:09 PM
My 14 year old just had me pre-order to his ID today.. no discount, cause we bought our EUIIII on GG. He wanted Steam, because that is where our CK2 is from..

I wonder if the convert 'really' cared where you bought it from!

Did u try gameflys 20% discount?  It was for the steam version.

tgb

The demo is up on Steam.  Will post impressions later, and will also probably pre-order depending on how it runs on my rig (I expect no problems, since CKII runs just fine, but you never know).

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 07, 2013, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 07, 2013, 07:06:09 PM
My 14 year old just had me pre-order to his ID today.. no discount, cause we bought our EUIIII on GG. He wanted Steam, because that is where our CK2 is from..

I wonder if the convert 'really' cared where you bought it from!

Did u try gameflys 20% discount?  It was for the steam version.

Didn't realize that.. I was going to use the Gamefly one the other day, but didn't like the fact that it went to Paypal (before) you put in for the discount.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on August 08, 2013, 06:13:53 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 07, 2013, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 07, 2013, 07:06:09 PM
My 14 year old just had me pre-order to his ID today.. no discount, cause we bought our EUIIII on GG. He wanted Steam, because that is where our CK2 is from..

I wonder if the convert 'really' cared where you bought it from!

Did u try gameflys 20% discount?  It was for the steam version.

Didn't realize that.. I was going to use the Gamefly one the other day, but didn't like the fact that it went to Paypal (before) you put in for the discount.

Yeah, entering the code doesn't occur until the final step of the process...but prior you can select credit card and other payment types.  Was kind of odd....important part is you have it ordered and all ready to go:)

undercovergeek

Quote from: tgb on August 08, 2013, 06:09:33 AM
The demo is up on Steam.  Will post impressions later, and will also probably pre-order depending on how it runs on my rig (I expect no problems, since CKII runs just fine, but you never know).

its receiving high praise a-plenty over at Paradox