Have you Pre-Ordered Europa Universalis IV?

Started by republic, August 03, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

Quote from: Toonces on August 08, 2013, 11:07:25 PM
This is basically CK2 set in a different time period, right?

Or...what makes this significantly different from CK2 other than the time period covered?

You do not run a dynasty in EU.  You run a country.

Toonces

Ok, got it.  Not the game for me, but I'm happy for you guys that are stoked for these country-builder games.  I'm sure it's going to be excellent!   :D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Usually it's SoM that calls me an idiot because of a Paradox title but I see you're subbing for him Toonces...gee thanks :\
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

spelk

You probably know this, but the demo is up on Steam.

Toonces

Quote from: Gusington on August 09, 2013, 07:05:31 AM
Usually it's SoM that calls me an idiot because of a Paradox title but I see you're subbing for him Toonces...gee thanks :\

Oh don't get all offended on me.  You know this is a typical Gus post:

"Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting into Rise of Flight, but I don't know too much about it.  What kind of planes are in it?  Do you fly the  planes?"  And so on...   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^Sorry Commander that's just untrue.

Granted I do ask some questions that I could research myself but typically they are a bit more advanced, like 'what type of plane do prefer to fly in RoF and why?' Stuff like that. So I am still offended.

But hey whateva.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I love you too, Commander, even if you make me  :'(
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on August 09, 2013, 07:05:31 AM
Usually it's SoM that calls me an idiot because of a Paradox title but I see you're subbing for him Toonces...gee thanks :\

You can get your revenge in a month when you buy it at 75% off.  Just think of the all the celebration beer you can buy with the money you saved!

Gusington

I'm going to be mature about this one and just not get it. I got all excited and pumped for Victoria 2 and was just left staring at the screen like your avatar. Plus I got tons to play otherwise.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on August 10, 2013, 12:38:24 PM
I got all excited and pumped for Victoria 2 and was just left staring at the screen like your avatar.

Sounds to me like you've mastered 99% of all Paradox games.  Staring at the screen watching the clock move and the AI doing stuff.

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison


Huw the Poo

Heh.  I like Paradox's games, but I have to admit that it does boil down to just that. :)

Gusington

To be fair the only EU game I gave a real solid try to get into was EUI, years ago. I really tried. Just didn't click with me. I always like the idea of these games but the reality for me is different. Victoria, EU, etc. CK I still have yet to try.

The feature that really got me interested here is the game converter, from CK to EU.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd