Have you Pre-Ordered Europa Universalis IV?

Started by republic, August 03, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
What faction are you going to play first? Or are you going tutorials?

I have this dream of turning England into the premier continental land power. One where France has been completely wiped from the annals of history. Things like an overseas empire can be done after the European continent is completely subservient to me.  ;)

Maybe that was little over the top.....

I may also start as Austria. The Venetians were giving me a hard time in the demo and I want pay pack vs the Venetian AI.  >:(
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

I'm going for Castille with a strong emphasis on religion and exploration.  Someone has to bring the True Faith to the heathen savages.  Then there's the 7 cities of gold.....Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas......

Yskonyn

I am going for the Low Countries and sail for Batavia and New Amsterdam.

(Darn, I thought it would be releasing at midnight... still 7 hrs on the clock till release.... argh!)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni


undercovergeek

Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 12, 2013, 07:36:30 PM
done - just waiting for the install button to appear

What faction are you going to play first? Or are you going tutorials?

I'm excited!

im either going to port the di Parmas in from CKII or start as Portugal and point everything at heading to South America first

Yskonyn

Oh Glorious Colonialists, a call to arms has been raised!

Europa Universalis IV has released!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Kushan

#96
Downloading now. Unfortunately I have to go spend the next 8 hours at work....  >:(

When are we going to do the Grogheads EU IV MP game?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

Has anyone who ordered from Gamefly gotten their key?  I'm still waiting.

PanzersEast

I'm thinking of Embargoing WORK!  I am here now and waiting....


PE

Kushan

Quote from: PanzersEast on August 13, 2013, 09:26:33 AM
I'm thinking of Embargoing WORK!  I am here now and waiting....


PE

I really thought about it. But I've been on vacation since Thursday and didn't have the for thought to take today off as well....
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

ill do it once home - hopefully the steam install button has arrived!

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 13, 2013, 09:36:27 AM
ill do it once home - hopefully the steam install button has arrived!

It has... a bit earlier than usual, even.  I folded at the last minute and pre-ordered last night (with about 11 hours to go before release). 

The wish should be:  Hopefully Steam didn't bungle the release up and post the wrong (older) version.  That happens with some regularity these days.  :o

mikeck

Looking at Paradox forums, everything seems ok. Many seem to think it is very polished like CK2. Some don't like one change or another but seems to be a smooth release.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on August 13, 2013, 08:33:07 AM
Has anyone who ordered from Gamefly gotten their key?  I'm still waiting.

Yes

ross_ntu

Quote from: Kushan on August 12, 2013, 08:30:08 PM
Quote from: hurryover on August 12, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
What faction are you going to play first? Or are you going tutorials?

I have this dream of turning England into the premier continental land power. One where France has been completely wiped from the annals of history. Things like an overseas empire can be done after the European continent is completely subservient to me.  ;)


...and in the game.   ;)   RPS are very positive about it in their review: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/13/wot-i-think-europa-universalis-iv/  I have only played a bit so far - the map looks lovely - it's nice seeing the little hills symbolising the Pennines running down the centre of England.  There also seem to be a lot of options with regards to diplomacy etc.  I only hope I can give this title the time it deserves!