War Thunder Global beta keys

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, October 01, 2012, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

My best match yet! 



..despite the couple friendly kills during the initial ground attack mess (I did a rocket run in my Hurricane II and a couple guys came flying in on a treetop strafing run at just that moment.  :-[ ).  Oh, and Spitfires are OP.  The 20mm Hispanos are the best weapon in the game and the Spits turn fast, and retain decent energy doing so.  Murderous!

Has nobody else jumped into the Open Beta yet?!  You're nuts if you have any interest in a WWII air war MMO.  ???

Nefaro

There was a big update yesterday.  I've not seen the English patch notes yet.

eyebiter

#62
If you fly a planet with turrets, do the AI gunners engage enemy planes?  What about ground targets?

Nefaro

#63
Quote from: eyebiter on December 16, 2012, 03:32:02 PM
If you fly a planet with turrets, do the AI gunners engage enemy planes?  What about ground targets?

Yes.  The AI will fire your guns for you.  You can also move to the Gunner View (F6 IIRC?) and fire yourself, but I would often rather maneuver defensively so enemy pilots don't get easy steady shots at my engines and weak points on the wings.   I'll sometimes switch to gunner for taking some pot shots at approaching ones, though.  Just remember that you also have to distribute XP points for your crew skills, and gunner skills are a tab unto themselves - always good to place points in gunner accuracy and such, for crews that you will use for bombers. 

There has been some complaining about the AI gunners being too accurate on bombers, but I think people have just been putting a decent amount of points into those crew skills in those cases because the untrained AI gunners aren't terribly amazing until you get some points in there.   I've also seen some dumb pilots come screaming straight in, from the rear, and get their pilot shot & killed because they were driving straight at the bomber.   ::)  And it can be real easy to get your pilot killed from head-on attacks.

Do the turret gunners engage ground targets?  I dunno.  I don't think so, but I try not to keep my bombers at such low altitude because the AAA ai gunners can be deadly, especially if there are lots of them or if you aren't weaving & bobbing when they're firing at you!  You could probably fire manually, from the gunner position, but that would mean your aircraft is flying straight & level - and hitting a ground target with a single machinegun (and destroying it) would be a long shot anyway; maybe a dual-gun ball turret would be the best bet but there really aren't many planes with a wide firing arc underneath the fuselage.


Nefaro

They've added Hangar Chat, Friends List, Platooning and all that stuff.  Along with some graphics improvements (as if it looked or ran bad before? *shrug*)

So add 'Nefaro' to your Friends Lists.  If anyone else is playing..  :P

Staggerwing

Is there coop multicrewing of bombers?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro


Nefaro

They've opened US servers for War Thunder.

The drop down is next to the "Server Selection>" line on the "Join Battle" window.  Just click the name of whatever server setting is selected to bring up the list & choose a new one ("Any Available" is the default but could mean you will probably end up playing on Russian or EU servers with a higher ping - unless you live there of course).

Nefaro

Everyone gets a day of Premium on Sunday 4/7.   They've also been having discounts on various aircraft and upgrades, so it may be a good time to check it out if you haven't.


Quote
Premium Day
This Sunday, April 7th, we're giving you 24 hours of Premium account for free!
From April 7th 06:00 GMT till April 8th 08:00 GMT (April 6th 11 pm PDT - April 8th 1am PDT) every logged in War Thunder pilot immediately receive 24 hours of Premium account for free! Premium account gives you 200% more XP points and 150% more silver income for every online fight. Try it!

New Map
New map is available for the Arcade Battles - [Groundstrike]Berlin!
Fight over green suburbs of Berlin, see the Reichstag - German parliament building, and bring the victory for your troops! Join the winged clash above the lair of the Nazi beast!

Discounts on Planes!
Over 100 models of planes with amazing discounts up to 40%! Grab yours!
The discounts are in effect also for the modules, crew qualifications and training. Hurry up, pilot!

eyebiter

.
#69
.

eyebiter

.
#70
.

Nefaro

Quote from: eyebiter on August 15, 2013, 09:21:58 AM
War Thunder now live on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236390/

It's been on Steam for quite awhile. 

Or did they have one of those Faux-release things where it's listing goes from "Beta" to.. whatever?  Because it's still being adjusted and added to.  ;D

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on August 15, 2013, 12:14:16 PM
Quote from: eyebiter on August 15, 2013, 09:21:58 AM
War Thunder now live on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236390/

It's been on Steam for quite awhile. 

Or did they have one of those Faux-release things where it's listing goes from "Beta" to.. whatever?  Because it's still being adjusted and added to.  ;D

Has it?  I recently joined War Thunder via the main website/client.  If I knew it was on Steam, I would have signed up via that rather than use the client.  I wonder if I can transfer over to Steam....

BTW:  I tried War Thunder because of my current fixation with World of Tanks.  After playing WoT, I started getting curious about their follow-on title, World of Warplanes.   And after trying World of Warplanes, I heard about War Thunder and moved on to that!   ;D  I wrote a compare and contrast on my blog, if anybody is curious about the difference between the two.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Yeah.. it's been listed on Steam for a long time.  Not sure if it was restricted to previous Closed Beta people to use or what, however.

I thought could be installed on there for some time now.

Huw the Poo

I just started playing this on a whim.  I wasn't expecting much because I don't find pre-modern aerial combat exciting...usually.  This game is far from unexciting though!  I think it's the landscapes mixed with the fact that all the battles have ground strike elements...it keeps everyone low and provides lots of opportunities to weave around hills and stuff, trying to lose your attacker.  I've had a blast so far.  I'll definitely be back with questions though, because the game doesn't explain much.

The F2P model is good, too.  Eagles don't cost a lot...I spent something like 3EU to buy my way into a bomber and had plenty left over.  (I was getting sick of not being able to attack ground targets)