Space Hulk Has Emerged From Warp! (Is this gonna be another bug hunt, sir?)

Started by JasonPratt, August 10, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

I have it, but I'm at work until at least 2000 EST.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

no, ummmm chesty cough coming up or anything? Acute stomach pain?

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 15, 2013, 10:29:24 AM
PC Gamer mag had a pre-view that wasn't entirely complementary. It said the Space Marines move at the pace of continental drift and their guns jam constantly. Overall the pre-view was very positive however.

That's poor form. Previews aren't supposed to discuss negatives because the code is still being worked on - sometimes to fix stuff like that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sir Slash

Hey they said not me. Anyway waiting to hear informed opinion here. I remember Skyrim didn't get great previews either and that was certainly wrong.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: LongBlade on August 15, 2013, 11:33:33 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 15, 2013, 10:29:24 AM
PC Gamer mag had a pre-view that wasn't entirely complementary. It said the Space Marines move at the pace of continental drift and their guns jam constantly. Overall the pre-view was very positive however.

That's poor form. Previews aren't supposed to discuss negatives because the code is still being worked on - sometimes to fix stuff like that.

Depending on what they meant by moving at a glacial pace, that isn't actually something to be fixed in code, that's part of the game rules. The jamming definitely is. But maybe they meant the guns jam more often than what ought to be the average. In the old semi-FPS version, jamming could be reduced significantly by picking shots carefully (if repeatedly) through mouse clicking like a semi-automatic weapon, since jamming seems to be a factor of how long the bolter has been continuously shooting. So I feel like my impression of jamming rates might be significantly lower than what the tabletop rules expected.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

This game is so completely unplayable due to all the bugs.
I can't manage to complete a single game without it getting stuck somewhere along due to a gamestopping bug.
:-\

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on August 15, 2013, 01:31:48 PM
You're playing right now??

I "played" some minutes ago.
It's out already in case you didn't know.

I also saw another Groghead playing it.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Got it (thanks to an old wargames buddy - much to my delight, I just went onto steam and found it as a gift!).

Installed it and just completed the first mission with no problems.

I'll do some more and report back :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I hope so! With a dearth of WH40K movies, I have my Alien blue rays ready to go.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Seems OK so far, although I'm having a bit of a problem with move/turn commands, but I think the problem is with me and not the game. It is very like the board game - and the missions (so far) are very familiar.

No manifestations of any bugs up to now (other than the 'stealers, that is). I like what little I've seen of it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!