Space Hulk Has Emerged From Warp! (Is this gonna be another bug hunt, sir?)

Started by JasonPratt, August 10, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

LongBlade

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 15, 2013, 05:28:43 PMwhether fire always autokills 'stealers for example. In the original computer game, yes; here, not always.)

I've had storm bolters miss, but it was on Overwatch and several tiles away.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

-budd-

If anyone gets the time, how about some screen shots in the shot thread.....please.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Great Ajax

This game is a direct boardgame conversion and it even has the option for timed Space Marine turns.  I don't see anything yet that is different from the board game.  This is not a twitch game and it can either be a slow paced game (without the timer) or you can ramp up the pressure by using the timer.  A good chunk of the strategy is figuring out your initial lineup and what order your space marines will file in on the map and this is crucial.  Place the flamer in a poor position and you just out positioned yourself out of the match at the very beginning.  Its very easy to play and you can easily do a match in 30 minutes.  The game is hard for the Space Marines as all it takes is for one critical guy to have his bolter jam and your whole plan is unhinged.  Overall, I love the board game and so this buy was a no brainer for me and it has met all of my expectations.  I haven't tried the multiplayer yet.  I am hoping that DLC will add the ability to map your own maps and maybe add more chapters, weapons, and enemies beyond the scope of the board  game.

Trey     

Gusington

I played for about a half hour. I love the over the shoulder camera...lends a lot of atmosphere. Normal difficulty was pretty unforgiving. Space Huk combined with DoW II will really satisfy that DoW itch in general, I think. No bugs that I could see either, other than poor text editing.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


panzerde

I've played through all three tutorials, no bugs or problems.  I found the play easy to grasp, and after wiping once in the first mission took only a single casualty across the three missions on normal difficulty.  It's very atmospheric - gloomy and claustrophobic.  The shoulder cam is a nice immersive touch, as well as the kill cams. It's graphically more appealing than I thought it'd be from the Steam screenshots.

The game feels like a board game.  There's not a lot of room for poor placement of your Marines, or you'll simply be swamped by Genestealers.  There's no doubt; this is true to the Space Hulk board game. 

I doubt I'll play this obsessively, but for those evenings where I just don't have the mental energy for something more sophisticated, this will be a great, relaxing game.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

GJK

Do you see yourself playing this in 6 months?  How about playing it more than 3 times in the next 6 months (after the 'new car shine' wears off)?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Gusington

I was just going to post something very similar to what panzerde did. I will certainly come back to it to play for a calming hour or so. And for more frenetic play I will go to DoW II, like I did tonight.

What's wrong with naming my avatar Gusblade in DoW II?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Con

Seeing one weird bug where I had a heavy flamer that I was trying to back up a corridor.  When I hit the redo button it placed him facing the wrong way but gave me back the correct number of CP and APs  then when the turn started it the game placed him correctly.  I even had it happen where he walked sideways out of the corridor?

Conrad

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 15, 2013, 08:19:04 PM
Space Huk combined with DoW II will really satisfy that DoW itch in general, I think. No bugs that I could see either, other than poor text editing.

Ohhh Sweet Irony!

:P

Toonces

This sounds like a good Friday night beer game, to complement Poker Night at the Inventory.

You know, for those nights when Crusader Kings 2 is just a bit too....hard.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

This has multiplayer?  What, so one guy can be the marines while the other is the aliens?