Combat Mssion Market Gardem

Started by Bismarck, August 16, 2013, 02:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bismarck



Announcing Combat Mission Battle for Normandy: "Market Garden"
CMBN Market Garden - News   
Friday, 16 August 2013
Image

How far is this bridge?

Combat Mission: Market Garden depicts allied Field Marshall Bernard Montgomery's September 1944 dash across Holland in a daring gambit to leap the Rhine river and enter the heartland of Germany itself. Fielding U.S., British and Polish forces, Operation Market Garden was meant to be the lightning stroke which would end the war that year. It included the largest airborne operation seen to that day or since. Market Garden ended in tragedy, though, when the allies failed to capture their final objective, the Rhine river bridge at Arnhem. It was, in the famous words of Lt. General Fredrick "Boy" Browning, a bridge too far.

CM: Market Garden allows the player to recreate Monty's desperate struggles to reach and cross the Rhine in Holland. It is an expansion module to Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy and requires the base game in order to play, upgraded to 2.0! No other modules are required.
Image

New, larger bridges!

For the first time, CM:Market Garden offers detailed, historical, to-scale models of the bridges involved in the Market Garden battles:

    Arnhem bridge
    Arnhem railroad bridge
    Eindhoven bridge
    Nijmegen bridge

Along with generic large bridges for creating your own fictional battles:

    Canal bridge
    Angled bridge
    Round bridge

Image

New buildings!
New urban buildings, modeled after buildings near the Arnhem and Nijmegen bridges; and windmills!Image

New map tools!

New editor elevation tools, and a new terrain type: dirt footpaths
Image

New Scenarios!

Ranging from tiny to huge and with a varied mix of forces, 14+ standalone scenarios focus on the new units, weapons and vehicles found in the module.
Image

Master Maps!

The 7 "master maps" are huge maps, historically accurate, detailed and thoroughly researched, depicting the main areas around the bridges where most of the fighting happened:

    Oosterbeek
    Johana Hoeve
    Arnhem Road Bridge
    Oosterhout ( north of Nijmegen)
    Nijmegen
    West Nijmegen
    Elst

These master maps will help scenario designers in creating their own scenarios without the burden of having to create the maps from scratch. The maps can be cut to encompass smaller areas for individual battles.Image

Two Campaigns: Allied and German

THE ROAD TO NIJMEGEN – ALLIED CAMPAIGN
September 17, 1944. Holland.
15 missions.

A MOMENT IN TIME - GERMAN CAMPAIGN
September 19, 1944. Holland.
6 missions.
Image

New Units and Equipment!

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy: "Market Garden" will be available for Download, Mail Delivery or both Download & Mail later this summer, exclusively from Battlefront.com!

Click here to jump to the CMBN-MG webpage for screenshots and more details
Image


--
If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, this link

To update your preferences and to unsubscribe visit this link
Forward a Message to Someone this link

powered by phpList2.10.18, © phpList ltd
Jim Cobb

Con

Ok

Let me be the first to say "Me Want"



Con

Sir Slash

Yeah. I saw that. But no release date or cost as yet.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison


jomni

My perpetual questuon : is there a package?   I still aren't picked up any title.

RooksBailey

#5
I am already getting annoyed.  It says:

QuoteCombat Mission: Battle for Normandy and requires the base game in order to play, upgraded to 2.0! No other modules are required.

If this means we have to first pay to upgrade our base game, and then pay again to get the module, I might be tempted to pass on this and just get the Market Garden module for Battle Academy.  Again, I know of no other company that would make you pay for a patch just so you could then buy another module in the series from them.  That is double-dipping to me.

I hope this isn't the case but it sure sounds like it to me.   >:(
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

magnus

 Yes, you do have to pay for the 2.0 upgrade before buying MG.

But, the good news is that you only have to buy Normandy which has gone down in price, and not the brand new Battles In Italy.

SgtRock

Quote from: magnus on August 16, 2013, 03:36:16 PM
Yes, you do have to pay for the 2.0 upgrade before buying MG.

But, the good news is that you only have to buy Normandy which has gone down in price, and not the brand new Battles In Italy.


They still only sell CMBN 1.0, then you have to buy the 2.0 update, before Market Garden.  I don't know of any company that sells old versions of software then makes you pay for an upgrade!

Will vehicles still drive through each other when they travel over these new bridges?




Grim.Reaper

Another game added to my list....surprising they didn't open up pre orders and provide pricing information....typically in the past when they made announcements this was all done too.

Bison

 The need to pay $5 for the upgrade has never been a secret.  I guess they could have hid the cost in the expansion costs if that would have made people happier, but I doubt it.  We then have people upset that they raised the price and charge too much for an expansion.  Me?  I paid.  I have no problem doing so because I enjoy the games.

Silent Disapproval Robot


jomni

Yes.  why not just give CMBN 2 to all newcomers?

Tuna

Yeah.. that's the whole point.. when someone finally 'gives in' and buys a game.. they kind of assume they get the 'latest'..

Like Paradox.. people complain about the Paradox Expansion Patches..  But at least with them.. when you buy the latest expansion.. you get the latest..

Toonces

This is sort of similar to the Steel Beasts discussion, and for that matter some of the discussion we're having on SimHQ regarding flight simulation development.

The short version is that it is increasingly difficult for creators to make a single, definitive version of a game and still have enough cash flow to move forward.  If you want to continue to see the CM engine evolve then a slow, steady income is critical.  That's the gist of the argument, anyway.  Whether it accurately applies to CM isn't something I can really say one way or the other.

If you really like the game, the concept, the developer, and want to see more, I recommend voting with your wallet.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

#14
Though you need to pay for an upgrade of Steel Beasts, newcomers will get to buy Steel Beast's latest version.

The existing customers don't mind and most of them would be currently in love with CM.   
But this is a barrier to new customers (like me).  I end up choosing to buy another game.