Combat Mssion Market Gardem

Started by Bismarck, August 16, 2013, 02:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Quote from: Tuna on August 17, 2013, 10:07:27 AM
Quote from: Bison on August 17, 2013, 09:58:18 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 17, 2013, 09:41:00 AM

This is also the great thing about a site like Grogheads.. people can discuss both sides of the fence without fear of being attacked for it!

Quit being a jerk!  :P

THAT DOES IT!!! I'M GONNA LEARN THAT DOTA2 EVEN IF THE STRESSFULNESS GIVES ME A HEART ATTACK AND KILLS ME.. AND COMING ON THERE AND GIVE YOU A WHOOPING IN MP!!!

:o  ;D

Whoa!  I don't want your heart to 'splode ol' man.  Maybe you should just, you know, play an easier game like Bejeweled or something. 

Tuna

Quote from: Bison on August 17, 2013, 10:33:49 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 17, 2013, 10:07:27 AM
Quote from: Bison on August 17, 2013, 09:58:18 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 17, 2013, 09:41:00 AM

This is also the great thing about a site like Grogheads.. people can discuss both sides of the fence without fear of being attacked for it!

Quit being a jerk!  :P

THAT DOES IT!!! I'M GONNA LEARN THAT DOTA2 EVEN IF THE STRESSFULNESS GIVES ME A HEART ATTACK AND KILLS ME.. AND COMING ON THERE AND GIVE YOU A WHOOPING IN MP!!!

:o  ;D

Whoa!  I don't want your heart to 'splode ol' man.  Maybe you should just, you know, play an easier game like Bejeweled or something.

It's just there's a huge selection of crap to buy at the shop!!!.. and who knows what does what!... and mean time your dude is getting killed on the game screen!... so stressful!... lol.. maybe I should go back to the shop and shop (take my time look at everything carefully), or will I lose if I do that?

-budd-

Well, I might finally have to jump into combat mission again. Haven't played since the first 3 games, between there limited installs and forum attitude[haven't been there in awhile] i just moved on. Market garden is one of my favorite battles. I visited the forum today for the first time in a long while and noticed a thread about a problem with infantry firing at tanks from buildings, how big a problem is this for those that have played the game alot.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Zonso

Quote from: Tuna on August 17, 2013, 09:41:00 AM

And there's nothing wrong with that, if it's their model. But people buying the game for the first time.. .don't make it an additional purchase.. if you need the money for it that bad, then add it to the price of the base game, which like you said would still be cheaper than the original.. 45 instead of 55.

But when unknowing customers (and there are a few out there), go and buy and then figure out, hey, I don't even have the latest features.. they get pissed, and I don't blame them.

This is also the great thing about a site like Grogheads.. people can discuss both sides of the fence without fear of being attacked for it!


I understand about making things streamlined but I question the unknowing customers part. Myself, looking at the descriptors 'Game Engine v1.0' followed by 'v2.0 upgrade' I don't have a problem connecting the dots, at least to pose the question if in doubt. I really don't know about the actually getting pissed part you allude to. In fact from various polls, opponents corresponded with and met, and the like over the years, I think the people who play CM are a pretty intelligent and sophisticated bunch, not just in military aspects, but in real life. I would be leaning way over towards almost all never had an issue with this, let alone got to the point of getting pissed. If that was what it took to make a hypothetical customer angry then perhaps playing CM isn't for them. I can think of several diabolical battles that would almost certainly drive them to destruction. Just saying. :)

Tuna

Quote from: Zonso on August 18, 2013, 01:31:30 PM
Quote from: Tuna on August 17, 2013, 09:41:00 AM

And there's nothing wrong with that, if it's their model. But people buying the game for the first time.. .don't make it an additional purchase.. if you need the money for it that bad, then add it to the price of the base game, which like you said would still be cheaper than the original.. 45 instead of 55.

But when unknowing customers (and there are a few out there), go and buy and then figure out, hey, I don't even have the latest features.. they get pissed, and I don't blame them.

This is also the great thing about a site like Grogheads.. people can discuss both sides of the fence without fear of being attacked for it!


I understand about making things streamlined but I question the unknowing customers part. Myself, looking at the descriptors 'Game Engine v1.0' followed by 'v2.0 upgrade' I don't have a problem connecting the dots, at least to pose the question if in doubt. I really don't know about the actually getting pissed part you allude to. In fact from various polls, opponents corresponded with and met, and the like over the years, I think the people who play CM are a pretty intelligent and sophisticated bunch, not just in military aspects, but in real life. I would be leaning way over towards almost all never had an issue with this, let alone got to the point of getting pissed. If that was what it took to make a hypothetical customer angry then perhaps playing CM isn't for them. I can think of several diabolical battles that would almost certainly drive them to destruction. Just saying. :)

I researched it myself before making a purchase, I knew I was going to be paying an extra ten dollars for the upgrade.. But I have seen posts from people who were not aware, and it left a bad test for them.

Rayfer

So, what does it cost....I couldn't find a price on their site.  I see Normandy with patch will cost $45.00, but what does the MG add on cost?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rayfer on August 18, 2013, 04:38:48 PM
So, what does it cost....I couldn't find a price on their site.  I see Normandy with patch will cost $45.00, but what does the MG add on cost?

No latest price info, but in the past they said it was expected to be the same cost as the commonwealth module which was $35.

Staggerwing

Will I need the Commonwealth module to play the British scenarios? Frost, XXX Corps, etc? I don't have that yet, nor the patch.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 18, 2013, 05:09:10 PM
Will I need the Commonwealth module to play the British scenarios? Frost, XXX Corps, etc? I don't have that yet, nor the patch.

Pre Reqs for market garden is just Normandy and version 2.0

Bison


SgtRock

#40
Quote from: Bison on August 18, 2013, 05:36:55 PM
CMBN + CW is $55.


BattleFront Pricing, things sure are getting confusing and expensive! :o


CMBN 1.0 $35 + CMBM 2.0 $10 + CW $35 + MG $35 = $115

CMBN 1.0 $35 + CW $35 + (CMBM 2.0  + MG) $40 = $110

(CMBN 1.0 + CW)  $55 + CMBN 2.0 $10 + MG $35 = $100

(CMBN 1.0 + CW)  $55 + (CMBM 2.0  + MG) $40 = $95



Plus those who bought the special box will pay even more for physical copies.


WoW, the CMFI + Gustav bundle at $75 sure looks like a bargain now and here I thought that was too expansive.  :P








jomni

Just come up with a bloody package!

SgtRock

Quote from: jomni on August 18, 2013, 07:36:35 PM
Just come up with a bloody package!

Where's the money in doing that! ;D

Bison

Got it.  It's not a cheap gaming purchase, but again something like CIV V will cost you $150 if you buy all expansions and dlc.  I guess on the Brightside no one is forcing you to buy anything nor are you forced to buy everything at once.   

Con

Quote from: SgtRock on August 18, 2013, 07:32:33 PM
Quote from: Bison on August 18, 2013, 05:36:55 PM
CMBN + CW is $55.


BattleFront Pricing, things sure are getting confusing and expensive! :o


CMBN 1.0 $35 + CMBM 2.0 $10 + CW $35 + MG $35 = $115

CMBN 1.0 $35 + CW $35 + (CMBM 2.0  + MG) $40 = $110

(CMBN 1.0 + CW)  $55 + CMBN 2.0 $10 + MG $35 = $100

(CMBN 1.0 + CW)  $55 + (CMBM 2.0  + MG) $40 = $95



Plus those who bought the special box will pay even more for physical copies.


WoW, the CMFI + Gustav bundle at $75 sure looks like a bargain now and here I thought that was too expansive.  :P

This reminds me of something out of my high school exams.  Solve for MG

Con